IGNORED

Happy days, a tax break for you and me...

BanjoBoy

Doubt it would cover the cost of the divorce that a new RT would entail for me. Heck, I don't even have enough money to get my scrotum reattached if I were caught looking at a new RT.

Doubt it would cover the cost of the divorce that a new RT would entail for me. Heck, I don't even have enough money to get my scrotum reattached if I were caught looking at a new RT.

:rofl: Yeah, but my motto (and scrotum saver) is: Better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission." :thumbsup:

Why just yesterday I bought a new NRA commemorative Ruger Mini 14......I will begging once she finds it!!!

Yeah, but my motto (and scrotum saver) is: Better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission." :thumbsup:

Why just yesterday I bought a new NRA commemorative Ruger Mini 14......I will begging once she finds it!!!

Sandpaper is the answer. A good buddy told me that, when you buy something you shouldn't, just take some extra fine sandpaper and get the "new" off of it. When your wife finds it, it won't look too new and shiny and you can claim that she bought it for you Christmas before last. It might work with a Mini 14, but doubt it would on a new RT.

Accepting a tax break from the government to buy a motorcycle will probably come with strings attached.

The requirement that the motorcycle be a hybrid/CNG/hydrogen or electric design is one that comes to mind.

Other strings will probably include speed limited to 76 mph and an airbag similar to what the Gold Wing has.

Auto-deployable sidewheels and a roll-over cage will also be required.

I guess I can't buy that Ural I've been looking at.

Still want that handout?

My understanding of the automobile incentive was a stipulation that the car/truck HAD to be made in the USA. Trivia alert: The truck that has the highest percentage of american made parts was the Nissan Titan. Not sure about the current model year though.

Accepting a tax break from the government to buy a motorcycle will probably come with strings attached.

The requirement that the motorcycle be a hybrid/CNG/hydrogen or electric design is one that comes to mind.

Other strings will probably include speed limited to 76 mph and an airbag similar to what the Gold Wing has.

Auto-deployable sidewheels and a roll-over cage will also be required.

I guess I can't buy that Ural I've been looking at.

Still want that handout?

Q. When is a tax break a 'handout'..?

A. When the wrong party proposes it. Otherwise it's called 'keeping your own money.' :grin:

And the credit is for any new vehicle purchase, foreign or domestic, with or without auto-deployable sidewheels and a roll-over cage.

If I'm reading it (news coverage of current stimulus package) right, it will allow for a tax deduction (that is, subtracting the sales tax amount from one's taxable income) when buying a car, truck, rv and/or motorcycle with no stipulation as to country of origin.

So, that new R12R at 15k (approx) would entail a $450 sales tax (in MA that's 5%) and by reducing my taxable income by that amount would save $120 (assuming a 30% tax rate).

Wooster w/o stimulants

Somehow when all is said and done I doubt that we will get any kind of break for buying a new bike. But just in case I ordered a new RT.

If I do get a tax break, it will also ease about three weeks of cold stares from my better 3/4. Now that's something to look forward to!

Archived