IGNORED

Nolan N103 Helmet and Bluetooth Com

Francis

At the NYC Motorcycle show I tried on the Nolan N103 helmet whith their bluetooth communictions system. Without being on a bike the com system was clear and the helmet was comfortable.

Price aside (as this is a very expensive set-up) I am interested in learning from users of this helmet about is quietness on the road and how well the communication systems work in actual practice. I am very sensitive to wind noise (even when wearing custom ear plugs).

Is the helmet quiet, does it hold up over time, does the com system work well at speed, etc.?

Thanks

Francis

Francis,

I bought my 102 with BT about 2 years ago. I got tired of the wife punching and yelling.

What a wonderful device this is being able to just talk as we cruise.

The BT works great between my Zumo for MP3 music and I love being able to answer my cell while riding.

Most folks I talk to are amazed that I'm talking to them while riding at ? speeds.

Yes, little pricey but in the overall, money well spent.

Regards,

Bob Collins

I've been concerned about battery life on these BT helmets. Could I listen to MP3 for, say, 8 hours and talk every once in a while with the wife for the same duration?

I have enjoyed my Nolan N102 N-COM helmet. It is on the heavy side (and the new N103 is even heavier), but the weight is balanced. The quality is very good with either I think.

Because of the expensive price, lack of stereo and wired intercom, I decided against the Nolan BT system, even though I purchased the helmet specifically for that reason originally. I found the IMC Camos line of BT headsets were superior to others, as they offer a fully wireless true stereo sound, have good sound quality and loudness. Current Camos headsets have capability of sync'ing two sources plus intercom. I think Nolan has recently improved their N-Com BT system, but not sure if they are competitive with Camos yet.

Wife and I now have Nolan 102N-COM (x2) and IMC Camos BTS300 & BTS200. Spoke to the wife on the cell just today while riding, and she didn't even know I was tooling down the road at 60mph. At the end of the conversation, I asked if she could tell I was on the bike - her reply, "No, what did you do go home at lunch and get it!" Busted - but not due to poor sound quality.

Battery life:

BTS300 (500m/1500ft. range for BTB) 7hrs.

BTS200 (10m/30ft. range for pillion) 14hrs.

I think the Nolan's are relatively quiet, but modulars do make more wind noise that full-face. Half helmets aren't really an option for me - my wife likes a husband with a face... and I've grown accustomed to her having one too.

You'll find more on helment wind noise on previous threads by using the search feature of this bulletin board.

+1 on the IMC Camos. I purchased the new BTS300 mounted inside an ARAI RX7 Corsair. The helmet is a little noisy and I was supprised when my wife also called. I picked up the call in through my BlackBerry BT to BTS300 headset. She couldn't even tell i was on the bike. I also purchased due to the A2DP BT Stereo capability. The phone sounds really good, the stereo through my BB BT MP3 music player sounds great also. I also share the concern of battery life on the headset. But I haven't had any long rides to determine full life. I thought the nolan offering is also now A2DP compatable.

Archived