IGNORED

Spring Northeast Tech Daze - Saturday May 2nd, 2009

SAMSAR

Hey Paul. I just read your last post that referred to a possible tire change. I have a rear tire that needs changing (I have the replacement)and was wondering if you are set up to change and balance a tire?

Hi Tom,

Yes, I'm all set up for the tire change and balancing. I can take the old tire off your hands but you'll need a way to get the new tire here with you. I remember Woodie once strapping them to the back of his bike... Got some interesting looks going down the road as I recall him saying.

Paul

Georgi and I will be there to gawk and get in the way. Arriving about mid-afternoon. I will be about 3/4 the way done with 6 night shifts in a row, so we won't be doing any in-depth maintenance. See everyone this weekend!

Francis- Have you called Ohlins support on this? probably just a click adjustment on the spring to lessen the damping. I have the spanners and an instruction book for the shocks to do my install. check out their website for info too.

End of Man...if you are going to install a new Ohlin front shock I would strongly urge you to go to a BMW dealer and get several new nuts that go on top of the front shock. These nuts are made of a soft material and deform slightly when tightended on the stock shock. This makes them very difficult to thread onto the new Ohlins shaft. (If your dealer has a few of them pick two up for me and I will reimburse you for them at the event)

Francis

Who's end of man? anyway, was just up there today-- missed the post. I can swing by max tommorow for ya. Not sure if I will need "em for my C.

Bob

Bob,

I apologize for the mis-spelling of your handle. Late at night after a long day on-screen.

See you this weekend.

Francis

Hi all, bought an ’04 1150RT last November, just came across this site and noticed the Tech Daze this weekend. Not 100% sure I can make it, but I’d really like to. It sounds like a great way to learn a lot about the bike pretty quickly, and meet a bunch of like-minded people. I’ve put about 7k on it already (at 26k now) and a couple weeks ago I pulled out the Clymer’s, dove right in and adjusted the valves, synched the throttle bodies, changed engine oil & filter, trans & final drive fluid, and installed the left side cam chain tensioner upgrade. I’d like to learn how to do a lot more. I don’t have anything else that needs to be done right now, but it would be great to see all the different work going on at the Tech Daze.

You should try to come down. Paul and his wife do a great job hosting this event and there are many exceptional people to learn from. Projects going on in every corner of the garage and driveway!

If anything, stop down and just get in the way and learn something; and eat dogs and have a beer!

Hope to meet you then!

Now hear this - Now hear this-

I have been PM'd for some last minute stuff to retrieve from Max BMW about a mile away from my house in Troy. I should have enough room to get a few last minute things tomorrow or stop on Friday before the ride to Ct. Please be specific if you want something for me to get for your specific bike. I.E. BMW part # or type oil or brake fluid such as dino, syn, Dot 4 or Mineral. I am happy to do this service for anyone, just remember that I will be riding my bike there too so Tupperware pieces are out of the question.LOL

Maybe a good Idea to call June or Gary at the Parts desk and to have Item ready for me to pick up for a will call. That will really help. Sometimes they miss the ball on some stupid stuff that they should have in stock and on the shelf.

Francis and DRzep already got you, and ready to process.

Others PM me.

Enfoman out.

Bob

Hi Kobukan,

Welcome to the board! I really hope you'll be able to join us Saturday to meet some of the Northeast Crew in person.

We tend to cover a lot of ground at the Tech Daze and there will be a lot to see. If you bring some brake fluid, we can walk you through the servo brake bleed to help complete that and anything else for your major service. With 26K on the bike, you might also want to consider a fuel filter change. Since the tank would be off for a brake bleed, there is no better time...

Not sure what you have for dealers up your way but I can stop by mine easy enough if you need fluid, filter, and oetiker clamps for fuel lines. Let me know via a reply here or by using the Private Message (PM) feature.

Bring a sleeping bag and you can crash here with several others should the day go long and you don't want to head back to Saco until Sunday.

Cheers!

Paul

PS: We can talk about the UNrally when you get here.

Hi Everyone,

Suzanne and I are looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend.

For those coming in Friday, I'd like to request holding off on coming to house until around 7pm. I will be at a meeting and am not sure I will be home until after 6pm. There are a couple good restaurants just before our turn into Metacomet. Gio's, dunkin donuts, chinese, etc. if you want to grab something to eat or drink.

My cell phone is 860-416-4597 should anyone have questions.

See you soon!

Paul

Hi Paul, I should be swinging by sometime saturday. I have a furniture delivery coming in the morning. Hopefully they are on time.

Maybe if time I can do valves and TB sync. I have a twin max I could bring.

Ray

Unhofliche_Gesundheit

hey i am the only idiot who managed to screw up their on-line registration for the event (by typing first and last name in the first name field - i deleted it but somehow it stuck) :P anyway now that my technical prowess is established i'll be happy to help anyone that needs help breaking their bike... :D

Hi Kobukan,

Welcome to the board! I really hope you'll be able to join us Saturday to meet some of the Northeast Crew in person.

We tend to cover a lot of ground at the Tech Daze and there will be a lot to see. If you bring some brake fluid, we can walk you through the servo brake bleed to help complete that and anything else for your major service. With 26K on the bike, you might also want to consider a fuel filter change. Since the tank would be off for a brake bleed, there is no better time...

Not sure what you have for dealers up your way but I can stop by mine easy enough if you need fluid, filter, and oetiker clamps for fuel lines. Let me know via a reply here or by using the Private Message (PM) feature.

Bring a sleeping bag and you can crash here with several others should the day go long and you don't want to head back to Saco until Sunday.

Cheers!

Paul

PS: We can talk about the UNrally when you get here.

Thanks Paul,

I bought the bike from a guy in RI who had a major service (everything normally done at 24k) done at Razee’s at just under 19k miles last September, just a couple months before I bought it. I did minor service at 24k a couple weeks ago – I’m at 26k now due to a trip to PA last weekend. So, I think I’m in pretty good shape and don’t really want to do stuff just for the sake of doing it, but if I can make it I’d love to watch some of the things I haven’t done, or help anyone with anything I can.

By the way, I have a great dealer just 25 miles away in Falmouth, ME – Street Cycles. Those guys are awesome. And, MAX BMW in NH is only about 45 miles to the south of where I am.

Does anyone have some Honda Moly 60 to bring,share if I get to it?? local Honda dealer parts kid gave me a blank stare!!!!!!!

One other thing I forgot to mention for those who haven't been to the house before... I will have signs out guiding people in from Rt 20. Just in case though...

From Rt 20 turn onto MetaComet Rd.

Turn right onto Talcott Range Dr.

Go to end of Cul de Sac

Keep going straight down the private road

We are last house on the left - Blue Gray #47

Park at the top of the driveway next to garages.

Paul

Hello all,

Sorry to say I won't be making tech day. finial drive crapped out last sunday hoping to have parts in next week sometime.

I brought my RT in to Gengras this morning for an electrical issue. Although not soemthing to be overly alarmed about I'm not comfortable riding it as is and they can't fix it until sometime next week. So I'm out too, unfortunatly.

beamergirl

Paul and Suzanne,

Thank you for hosting another fantastic tech day! Francis and AJ, I enjoyed your help and AJ thank you for making the trip out to get the "connectors". Also appreciated everyone else's comments as they stopped by to see what was going on.

IT WAS GOOD TO TOUCH BASE WITH ALL THOSE NOT SEEN IN A WHILE!!!

Paul/Suzanne,

Thank you again for hosting the Tech Daze. Amazingly generous of you both to open your home to anyone with a BMW motorcycle. Couldn't stay as long I would have like due to business travel but absorbed a lot in the time I was there and it was good to meet everyone.

Scott

Paul/Suzanne-

Just settling in from a great ride back and a great tech daze w/o rain! WHOO HOO! Another round of applause to our wonderful HOST LADIES AND GENTS! It was great to see some familar faces and meet some new ones too. BTW clutch resivor stopped leaking out by the time I got home. Dummy me forgot, the presure plate squezzes the slave cylinder which in turn forces fluid back to the resivor. Add on low side from now on. Does that qualify for the screaming chicken? Nothing broken so I guess that it can sleep for another year.

Forever monikered as..........

End Of Man!

Thanks Steve LOL

Glad I was able to make it to the Tech Daze for the afternoon and meet many of you. It was definitely worth the trip and interesting to see all the projects going on.

Thanks Paul & Suzanne for your generosity and all the effort that went into making this such a great event.

Dean

Wanted to thank you and Suzanne for hosting the tech day, you have a great place there and the weather turned out good .It was nice to meet everyone and get some info to start on my own bike.

jc120

1150rt

Paul & Suzanne,

T H A N K Y O U !!!!!! I had a wonderful time and a productive day. It was GREAT to meet everybody. You are a WEALTH of knowledge and are more than willing to share. See you on the road!

Henry

TopazTiger

Paul & Suzanne,

thanks for a great event. Great folks, good food and the weather was good too!

Special thanks to Armando for walking me through the valve check process. After that (and the Twin Max tune up), my RT is running smoother and faster than ever. Now I need to watch my speedo more carefully

I hope to see you at UN if not sooner.

Paul and Suzanne,

As always - a fabulous, informative, productive, and social time. I had a ball. Great weather, food and folks. Thanks again! See you again at the UN.

I would like to also add my thanks to Paul & Suzanne for hosting this event. Even though I'm not an official BMW owner yet (3 more days!) I felt at home and learned a ton watching others work on their bikes and asking questions.

Kip

Paul and Suzanne,

Thank you for hosting again. It takes a lot of work and we all really appreciate it. And a special thanks to Paul for, even after a couple of beers, graciously letting me take his new ride for a spin...

nv51313_1_400.jpg

This baby's amazing in the twisties!! :thumbsup:

Dundee387

Paul,

I had a great time! This was my first tech daze, and meeting people from this board. What a great group of people I met, and looking forward to doing some riding with them someday.

Thank you Paul, and your wife, for your generosity, time, and effort, into making this a great day for all of us!

Angelo

mikeR1100R

Paul and Suzanne,

Thanks again for hosting another one of your famous Tech Daze. Didn't do my annual maintenance this year (Georgi and I couldn't make it until 3pm) but we did enjoy visiting with everyone. We did learn alot about i-phones, colors and fabrics though :grin: We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves as usual. See y'all at the UN!

RoyTemple

Thank you Paul and Suzanne for planing, hosting and running this wonderful event. This is my third year and I learn more each time and meet more great people. Here are some photos I took of the event.

Thanks very much,

I hope to see you at the UN!!

DSC_4676.JPG

Click on the image to see more!

Roy

Paul and Suzanne,

Thank you for hosting once again. It was a GREAT day and getting to see everyone was a real treat.

Roy, thanks for the PICS.

Hey -- missed you at Paul's. Great day, lot's accomplished and I did not win a chicken!

Missed all of you guys too!

Sounds like it was a great day...

Not sure I recognized the place with all that sun shining :D:grin:

Unhofliche_Gesundheit

well i gotta say that was absolutely the WORST tech-daze i have ever attended !!

but that is because it is the ONLY one i have attended - so it was also the best! :grin: Exceeded all expectations: Saw the things I wanted to see (brakes, tires, etc) ; Fantastic confidence booster for working on the bike; great to meet you all :wave: ; impressed by the organization and 'apparent ease' with which the event unfolded. Paul & Suzanne - you guys made it look easy but it must have been a lot of work before and after the event and behind the scenes (like having Wilbur lick the dirty plates clean so can be used again next year ;) ). Thanks for the event & the hospitality. :thumbsup: Thanks too to Roy for the photos.

Cheers.

What everyone else said... Great job Paul and Suzanne!

It was good to see everyone again.

Roy - (as usual) great pics.

Paul and Suzanne -- what can I say? Great job!

Francis is the MAN.

Roy -- great pics but no pics of me! My wife is wondering where I was and I can't produce any evidence I was there. HELP!

See you all in NH, hopefully!

Archived