IGNORED

Sirius XM

AZKomet

Read that S-XM may not survive the year. Stocks down 97%?. That is significant. Article said that there was not enough revenue being brought in to keep it afloat. That would be bad news for me b/c I really enjoy the coast to coast service.

3 radios on my tab at the moment. Anybody have any word on this as well?

Actually I've been thinking of dropping my subscription. I think the service has gone down hill since the Sirius/XM merger. Just an opinion but it doesn't seem worth what it used to to me. Lot's more commercials too.

Dave McReynolds

If they discontinued it, there sure would be a lot of expensive junk that wouldn't work anymore! Hopefully, someone else would pick it up.

I only get it for the NFL Network and the comedy channels. I'd miss the NFL Network.

The only upside is that Doofus won't get his $500 million. :grin:

I enjoyed the XM Led station, 24/7 Led Zeppelin radio and no commercials, but I think it's gone now. That's ok, I guess. I have all their albums on my iPod Classic anyhow.

I chose XM purely because of their College Football coverage. The NFL is OK, but College is where it's really at :thumbsup:

If they discontinued it, there sure would be a lot of expensive junk that wouldn't work anymore! Hopefully, someone else would pick it up.

If they can't make the business model work for them then I'm not sure someone else would be any more successful...

Thanks probably why they are trying to get you to "lock it your subscriptions at the old price." I like the 60's channel, but the emphasis on the DJ's is getting a bit much. I prefer to just listen to the music and not the personalities.

When the FTC approved the merger, I thought Sirius agreed to not change services. I just got an email that they will not be providing internet access to their music unless I sign another contract for a year. ( I haven't had a contract in several years. ) Perhaps that isn't a change in terms, but it is for me. I'll probably drop the service.

+3 Looking to drop the service also; had XM services for three years and enjoyed it, but since the merger I have been very disappointed. The amount of commercial, the talk talk talk (sorry), and final the programming quality has gone south.

Also, not impressed by information data to say the least incorrect most times. Come August we'll more then likely drop our three connections.

Sorry SirXM

JB

R1150RT

I chose XM purely because of their College Football coverage. The NFL is OK, but College is where it's really at :thumbsup:

Oh yeah! I love college sports! Don't have XM though, I was considering it for the coming riding season . . . guess I'll stay on the bench for a while. :lurk:

Lets_Play_Two

Some recent information. "But now Sirius XM, the satellite radio company, has problems with much bigger price tags. It has hired advisers to prepare for a possible bankruptcy filing, people involved in the process said. It is unclear how a bankruptcy would affect customers. Service is unlikely to be interrupted, but the company might have to terminate contracts with high-priced talent like Mr. Stern or Martha Stewart."

EchoStar apparently holds a lot of Sirius XM debt and would look to take over in the event of bankruptcy.

Stern, Martha Stewart, Oprah... Let them all go. Big contracts with those three never seemed to make any sense to me.

Stren's contract was totally ridiculous (as is Stern himself)

And the other two certaining weren't going to have much on-air times themselves.

Silver Surfer/AKAButters
but the company might have to terminate contracts with high-priced talent like Mr. Stern or Martha Stewart."

If that's all it takes, what are they waiting for? Although I am no fan of either, there must be a business case supporting their retention.

Well, whatever is done I hope they solve it and still manage to ditch the "male enhancement" adds. The GMX 30 won't be worth much as a hockey puck

Good luck canceling. They won't help you with that at all. We just replaced our Roady because the base connector wore out from switching it between cars. When I called to have the radio ID number switched they were very uncooperative and wanted me to lock in the subscription and of course pay another activation fee. When I balked and told them I would like to cancel my service they transferred me to another customer service rep and they did not pick up – just left me hanging on.

-Bastards

Still don’t have the new radio working too. The merger was a joke.

I'm with them until the end. It's very inexpensive and there are still a lot of music channels without ads.

Plus the money I made on XM stock when it was on the way up a few years back will pay for the service for my lifetime. :)

Lets_Play_Two
but the company might have to terminate contracts with high-priced talent like Mr. Stern or Martha Stewart."

If that's all it takes, what are they waiting for? Although I am no fan of either, there must be a business case supporting their retention.

Well, whatever is done I hope they solve it and still manage to ditch the "male enhancement" adds. The GMX 30 won't be worth much as a hockey puck

The problem with this is the contract. You can't just cancel them without some compensation. Stern's contract was 5 years.

Plus the money I made on XM stock when it was on the way up a few years back will pay for the service for my lifetime. :)

Well gee then you should load up on some more, it's quite a bargain right now... :Wink:

Well gee then you should load up on some more, it's quite a bargain right now... :Wink:

Yeah, and at last look, all you have to lose is $.11/share.

What a bargain.....

Jeez- I shoulda looked before I posted.....down to $.06/share. Now its a real bargain. :S

Read that S-XM may not survive the year. Stocks down 97%?. That is significant. Article said that there was not enough revenue being brought in to keep it afloat. That would be bad news for me b/c I really enjoy the coast to coast service.

3 radios on my tab at the moment. Anybody have any word on this as well?

Well, at least one source thinks it would be a reorganization and not a liquidation . Personally, I've subscribed to XM for quite a while and I'd hate to see the demise of satellite radio. I currently have one in one of our cars and one at home. The latter gives us commercial-free music of our chose genre, whenever we like.

I don't know enough about the business affairs of the company to know if it's salvageable, but it seems to me that it should be. There are around 20 million subscribers who are reportedly happy with the service. As far as the mega contracts to stars like Stern and Winfrey are concerned, those outlandish expenditures always struck me as foolhardy. But, maybe that's just me--I became a customer for access to commercial-free music, and I seldom listen to the talk channels.

One thing I will note, echoing the experiences of others who posted above, is that the customer service (telephone support) sucks . . . absolutely horrible. They're really good about signing you up for service, but don't give a rat's arse after that.

Considering how neither one of them has ever had a single profitable month, I can’t see how they will survive or why anyone would want to step into the business. Sirius/XM is being speculated that they will file Chapter 11 as soon as tomorrow.

Lets_Play_Two

Reiterating from a previous post.

"It has hired advisers to prepare for a possible bankruptcy filing, people involved in the process said. It is unclear how a bankruptcy would affect customers. Service is unlikely to be interrupted, but the company might have to terminate contracts with high-priced talent like Mr. Stern or Martha Stewart."

EchoStar apparently holds a lot of Sirius XM debt and would look to take over in the event of bankruptcy."

Filing bankruptcy would allow them to continue to operate, BUT also would allow them to terminate the Stern and other contracts without compensation.

Archived