IGNORED

Looking to Washington for direction....doh!

John Ranalletta

John Ranalletta

Traveling yesterday, I listened to Bloomberg and CNBC on XM. Several times on each station was heard the phrase, "Investors are looking to Washington for direction."

As I wiped coffee from the dashboard and windshield I wondered who'd be dumb enough to look to Washington for direction; rather, one looks to Washington (DC) as one would look at an out-of-control vehicle, trying to guess its direction and get out of the way.

I suspect what folks are really interpreting is more like this:

"As a reporter, I can't figure out which way to take the story next and my producer suggested I say Washington and Investor in the same sentence."

Most of these reporters are just regurgitating the same old crap over and over again.

Mike O

rather, one looks to Washington (DC) as one would look at an out-of-control vehicle, trying to guess its direction and get out of the way.

That really sums it up pretty well in my opinion. I've tried to take evasive action to prevent being hit by the truck but not sure I won't be hit by another vehicle which is also swerving. My fear is when it's all over we may just end up with a huge pile up..

http://www.cjreport.com/files/mainimgs/czech-car-pile=up.jpg

You think Mr. Barnett will qualify for a bailout?

http://www.policelink.com/news/articles/94334-16-illegals-sue-rancher-after-crossing-his-land?referral=pl_nlet_20090210u

11/09/89

This may be the high point of the American Empire.

We've gone downhill for the past 20 years, regardless of who has been at the wheel, IMO.

Direction from Washington?

They all advocate the "you can't get there from here" school of navigation and only worry about the ship docking at their port to offload money.

I knew it was going to be bad, get worse before it got better, but I guess I was still naive when it came to the magnitude of the deception, fraud, greed, illegal activities, etc. :(

Will we find a way, for the first time in our history, to get out of an economic morass w/out going to war?

To do so will require more than words.

One of my favorite lines from Washington recently (last night, actually) was this: "The federal gov't is the only solution that has the resources to solve this."

Well, Washington let this happen in the first place, so apparently they've suddenly gotten smart. And there IS no money to solve this. No one's making hard choices here and living within our collective means. It's just printing money and throwing it around. The first $500B was wasted, misused, and ineffective.

One of my favorite lines from Washington recently (last night, actually) was this: "The federal gov't is the only solution that has the resources to solve this."

Well, Washington let this happen in the first place, so apparently they've suddenly gotten smart. And there IS no money to solve this. No one's making hard choices here and living within our collective means. It's just printing money and throwing it around. The first $500B was wasted, misused, and ineffective.

Ya want the pipe or not..........next!!!

My Doctor is gonna have to look to Washington before helping me now.

They slipped this into the bill.

National Coordinator of Health Information Technology

"The bill’s health rules will affect “every individual in the United States” (445, 454, 479). Your medical treatments will be tracked electronically by a federal system. Having electronic medical records at your fingertips, easily transferred to a hospital, is beneficial. It will help avoid duplicate tests and errors.

But the bill goes further. One new bureaucracy, the National Coordinator of Health Information Technology, will monitor treatments to make sure your doctor is doing what the federal government deems appropriate and cost effective. The goal is to reduce costs and “guide” your doctor’s decisions (442, 446)."

I know I'm gonna get better care now that my doctor is gonna be watched by the same folks that have been watching our economy.

I know I'm gonna get better care now that my doctor is gonna be watched by the same folks that have been watching our economy.

Well that settles it! Pass the pipe, but only on the left hand side!!!

As I wiped coffee from the dashboard and windshield I wondered who'd be dumb enough to look to Washington for direction; rather, one looks to Washington (DC) as one would look at an out-of-control vehicle, trying to guess its direction and get out of the way.

Your stimulous check has been re-directed.

russell_bynum

"The bill’s health rules will affect “every individual in the United States” (445, 454, 479). Your medical treatments will be tracked electronically by a federal system. Having electronic medical records at your fingertips, easily transferred to a hospital, is beneficial. It will help avoid duplicate tests and errors.

But the bill goes further. One new bureaucracy, the National Coordinator of Health Information Technology, will monitor treatments to make sure your doctor is doing what the federal government deems appropriate and cost effective. The goal is to reduce costs and “guide” your doctor’s decisions (442, 446)."

Maybe they'll reassign some of those "Did you pack your own bag?" folks from the TSA!

Really, I don't see the problem with this. Anyone who's ever dealt with the TSA, IRS, DOT, and any number of other government agencies will tell you that their experience was positive and their issue was handled quickly, efficiently, and with the highest levels of customer service. I'm sure this will be the same.

But the bill goes further. One new bureaucracy, the National Coordinator of Health Information Technology, will monitor treatments to make sure your doctor is doing what the federal government deems appropriate and cost effective. The goal is to reduce costs and “guide” your doctor’s decisions (442, 446)."[/b]

Isn't that practicing medicine without a license??

Joe Frickin' Friday
Maybe they'll reassign some of those "Did you pack your own bag?" folks from the TSA!

"Did you pack your own lunch?" :rofl:

John Ranalletta

Not to mention that last Friday, control over the census process in the US passed over to the White House's chief political officer.

That'll insure a non-biased count, doncha think?

Not to mention that last Friday, control over the census process in the US passed over to the White House's chief political officer.

That'll insure a non-biased count, doncha think?

That will end up in front of the Supremes.

You know, I wish I could laugh at that snip that Whip posted, but I find that incredibly scary. 1984, Big Brother is watching.

To quote Michael Scott from "The Office": "We are screwed!"

What do you know...I could make light of it. If you don't laugh, you'll cry.

You know, I wish I could laugh at that snip that Whip posted, but I find that incredibly scary. 1984, Big Brother is watching.

I could FED Ex ya the pipe......you'll feel much better.

You may get the munchies.

:rofl:

If I get the munchies, I'll get fat and get heart disease or something, and then big brother will raise my health care premiums...or take away my twinkies...I'm not really happy about either of those choices.

If I get the munchies, I'll get fat and get heart disease or something, and then big brother will raise my health care premiums...or take away my twinkies...I'm not really happy about either of those choices.

Who cares about twinkies, but I'm not letting anybody take away my TastyKakes!

I wonder if the health care system covering current/retired members of congress would be exempt from the requirement...... If the test was usefulness of lives, none of them would even get an aspirin.

Francois_Dumas

I could FED Ex ya the pipe......you'll feel much better.

You may get the munchies.

If all else fails you can all come to Amsterdam.... no need for pipes, just roll your own cigarettes ......

...... and the beauty is: it is government approved !!! :rofl::rofl:

I find myself in an odd state of mind (never mind snide comments from the peanut gallery :P ).

As I said to someone a couple months ago, "If you've been worried about your constitutional rights (he thought GWB was the antichrist for authorizing the NSA to listen to phone calls), you ain't seen nothing yet." And now we are presented, for a start, with this medical record thing.

My capacity for outrage is at the snapping point; this "stimulus" bill has pushed me to the edge. I am, no s**t, ready to throw my hands up in the air and say, "Whatever!", and turn my face away. I have never been here before; I've always cared what happened to this country. Now . . . I just don't know. It will get what it deserves, the worst part of that showing up after I'm dead. So what?

It's not that it will become a bad place; there are lots of Europeans happy with their models of government. Samuel Johnson said, "How small, of all that human hearts endure, That part which laws or kings can cause or cure!" Life goes on, being what you make of it.

But it is the loss of illusion that hurts. Maybe that's best; maybe she really is a whore.

Pilgrim

ready to throw my hands up in the air and say, "Whatever!", and turn my face away. I have never been here before; I've always cared what happened to this country. Now . . . I just don't know. It will get what it deserves,

But it is the loss of illusion that hurts. Maybe that's best; maybe she really is a whore.

Pilgrim

+ 1

Kent...I don't understand why you feel that way.

Then ......

http://www.news-press.com/article/20090210/OBAMA/90210040/1075

I love this country.

“This is the greatest time of my life,” he said. “He picked me in person. I have never felt this good except maybe when I got my Playstation3 for Christmas."

It's knowing that Julio is just one of millions that set the course for government policy in this country that reinforces my belief that people get the government they deserve.. :thumbsup:

“I jumped up on my chair, screamed my lungs out and shouted ‘your the man, pick me, pick me. I felt good,” Osegueda said.

....if "your" the man, who's the editor?....

How do you get a job as a newspaper reporter and not know the difference between "your" and "you're"? How do you get out of middle school and not know the difference?

Archived