IGNORED

Illegal immigrant charged with death of Dallas man

Yeeha! Stephen

Yeeha! Stephen

A rider in our local circle was taken out a week ago and we just now found out what happened. So sad...

"an F350 Ford flatbed turned left in front of Bob on a farm road and Bob T-Boned it. Gregg (Bob's brother) said the Trooper told him Bob’s body and head were not visibly damaged but force to the chest must have instantly killed him..."

Link

Bob had a "gonzo" personality and riding style, and nobody was surprised when they heard of how his end came. But gee whiz, we surely hoped it would've been another way.

That's the 2nd rider in a really close circle that I was personally aquainted with... and number "how many?" that I've actually known, that have checked out on their bikes.

Makes me wonder if my fate is written so. Whew!

Be a little wiser out there gang!

*Should I have put this in Ride Well? Sorry.*

Interesting how news is reported in Texas. Had this occurred in the SF Bay Area, the headline would have said, "man charged in death of motorcyclist".

My condolences nevertheless.

Stephen..condolences. I rode that road on Saturday as a friend of mine and I biked up to Tyler for Lunch.

Bob...I lived in your neck of the woods for 20 years until 2006. They would have more than likely written something like loud pipes causes migrant farm worker to go to jail....

My condolences! It seems like more and more every day I think about this subject! I have ridden many, many miles and just think the odds are becoming stacked against me! It never seems to be the things you are worried or cautious about, but it always seems to be some self centered dope that seems to be the cause of these types of deaths or accidents! Ok, my rant is finished! :mad:

Stephen, sorry for your loss, and my simpaty to his family. We can never be too careful.

Interesting how news is reported in Texas. Had this occurred in the SF Bay Area, the headline would have said, "man charged in death of motorcyclist".

Just anything to sensationalize the news adding some outrage to an already terrible event. Would the event have been less tragic if it had been a white anglo-saxon father of three who was at the wheel of the truck?

tragic but keep in mind that there are white anglo-saxon fathers of three that are illigal immagrants also!!

Most people, when they hear illegal immigrants they don't picture a WASP, but we're digressing from the intent of the post.

Stephen, so sorry to hear about this. I always think about the family when these things happen. "Dad said he was just going out for a little ride". And then you never see him again. Absolutely terrible.

I often wonder if that will happen to me. I've got about 250,000 miles under my belt but know it can happen anyday, at anytime, so I tend to be real careful as I get older.

My other activity is Slalom Water Skiing and lately been hearing about guys getting their heads caught in the rope when running the course. I guess death can come knocking in any number of ways.

Be careful out there fellas.

rpg

No it would not. However, being very close to the border and having dealt with the mountains of crime here I can tell you that MOST crimes are committed by illegals. There is a body dumping ground just west of Phx. To date the count is 17 i believe. All illegal, all unsolved, all drug deal retribution and all will continue until we get a grip on this situation.

Riddle me this?? If the "illegal" was not here in the US would the accident have happened? Probably not. It is true that this is a sad event. What makes it sad is someone died needlessly. The flip side of this is that a person who does not belong here in the US was driving in all probability w/o insurance, w/o a license and w/o the knowledge of traffic laws in the US.

A Phx police officer was killed in Dec. in an MVA by an illegal who had changed his name, been deported twice and was here again committing this time, drunken manslaughter.

So I can appreciate the comment entirely about an illegal. It is soooo sad that a person died b/c of him, or anyone else. Regards to all his family and friends who are suffering.

I have no problem discussing the subject of illigal immigrants, but I believe that this thread is not the place.

I anyone cares to, let's take it to "Riders discuss other topics"

I have no problem discussing the subject of illigal immigrants, but I believe that this thread is not the place.

I anyone cares to, let's take it to "Riders discuss other topics"

Thread did involve an illegal alien in the body of the report. So.........I gave my 2 cents on it.

Riddle me this?? If the "illegal" was not here in the US would the accident have happened? Probably not.

I generally agree with the intent of the OP's message, but come on! The loss of your friend is a tragedy, but are you suggesting that the legal status of the driver in this case had a CAUSAL relationship to this tragic event?

I would assume that someone who is already doing something illegal would be predisposed and inclined to continue committing unlawful behavior.

Illegal immigrants driving without a license, insurance or registration are more likely to be dangerous drivers since they have little fear of the consequences of their actions.

Riddle me this?? If the "illegal" was not here in the US would the accident have happened? Probably not.

I generally agree with the intent of the OP's message, but come on! The loss of your friend is a tragedy, but are you suggesting that the legal status of the driver in this case had a CAUSAL relationship to this tragic event?

???????

according to the new homeland security boss,the former governor of arizona we shipped back 113,000 illegal criminals last year. and according to her we have in our jails and prisons 450,000 illegal criminals. they cost us 450 billion a years for incarceration,medical and schooling...we got what we deserve....we voted in people who are in favor of amnesty and thats what we will get and deserve..

Stephen, sorry for your loss, and my simpaty to his family. We can never be too careful.

Just anything to sensationalize the news adding some outrage to an already terrible event. Would the event have been less tragic if it had been a white anglo-saxon father of three who was at the wheel of the truck?

i think the point is if the illegal immigrant had not been in this country in the first place the rider would still be alive. it's always tragic when a good person dies but this accident could have easily been avoided if illegals were kept out of this country period regardless their race.

???????

If my comment was confusing, I'll put it this way:

An American citizen is just lethal to me as is an illegal immigrant if they are driving idiotically.

Dave McReynolds

An American citizen is just lethal to me as is an illegal immigrant if they are driving idiotically.

Which would be a perfectly logical conclusion if crimes were committed at the same rate by American citizens and illegal aliens. However, even ignoring the basic crime of being here illegally in the first place, that is not the case. Since illegal aliens commit disproportionately more crimes than American citizens, identifying an illegal alien as being the perpetrator of a crime seems to serve a legitimate journalistic purpose other than just stiring the pot.

Which would be a perfectly logical conclusion if crimes were committed at the same rate by American citizens and illegal aliens. However, even ignoring the basic crime of being here illegally in the first place, that is not the case. Since illegal aliens commit disproportionately more crimes than American citizens, identifying an illegal alien as being the perpetrator of a crime seems to serve a legitimate journalistic purpose other than just stiring the pot.

Would this serve the same purpose if he were black? Asian? A tobacco user? Would it serve the same purpose if the victum were a motorcylist instead of a Dallas man? If the victum were a black man? Just wondering what the "legitimate journalistic purpose" was.

Would this serve the same purpose if he were black? Asian? A tobacco user? Would it serve the same purpose if the victum were a motorcylist instead of a Dallas man? If the victum were a black man? Just wondering what the "legitimate journalistic purpose" was.

That is the point!

We all make mistakes regardless of race, creed, national origin, sexual orientation or migratory status.

To say that nothing would have happened if there were no illegal immigrants in the country is inane. A totally unstainable position.

Those who have some resentment towards illegal immigration may have a valid point. No one likes for a stranger to come into your house, pour himself a beer and take your favorite chair with the remote in hand and light a cigar. However the illegal immigration issue has many tonalities; after all how many Public utility customer service, Police, COO's, teachers, Space System directors, Systems engineers, Government public servants, CPA's or Xerox tech reps were displaced by illegal immigrants?

On the flipside of the coin, how many of us with jobs similar to those mentioned have had to re-invent ourselves because our jobs have been taken to India, Brazil or China? Who sent them there?

The core of this thread is the sad death of a fellow rider. I take exception at the inflamatory headline because that is only meant to exacerbate a tragedy with the mercenary purpose of ratings. To focus on that instead of the untimely demise of Stephen's friend is reproachable, and I have done so.

Xenophobia is an easy route of escape. It is appealing to most, regardless of education level, it readily unifies by placing blame outside of our immediate circles, thus rigteously vilifying those different from us. It has been used successfully throughout the ages by many to justify ulterior motives. A lowly German Corporal used this technique quite advantageously some time ago.

Sadly there isn't a unique universal truth. There is the Bible, Kuran, then the Talmud; and within there are different interpretations; Catholic, Pentecostal, Protestant, Sunniism, Sufism, Orthodox. And we havn't begun talking about Budhism, Hinduism, etc. And that is just about ways to look at religion.

I hear the same ring when I hear "Illegal Immigant" being used as a synonym with "evil" and "criminal". Let us not be naive, most foreign criminals come illegally to this country, but not all illegal immigrants come here to commit crimes.

This is not a conversation we'd be likely to overhear:

INS: "And what brings you to the U.S.?"

Hispanic tourist: "I'm here on business, I was sent to collect on a debt incurred by a group of U.S. citizens who placed a large order for Cocaine and have neglected to remit payment, so my employer has sent me to either collect, or murder them"

INS: "Oh, OK, here, please sign here, and here is your B-1, that's $95, have a pleasant stay"

You can convolute and distort all you want....the reality is they are a huge problem. And to the poster who makes the comment about color etc. It really doesn't matter what race one is.

I have done a lot of traveling. Cambodia for instance. I was told at the border that if I did not check into a visa station within 14 days I would be charged as an illegal entry, fined up to 10,000 US and prison up to 7 years. Guess what?????? I checked in @ 10 days. So the point to all of this is......don't be here illegally, don't even think about recklessly, knowing, or even mistakingly killing anyone while you are at it.

A personal note. In 1992 I was assaulted on duty by 3 illegals. A battered face with a pipe and severe head trauma requiring plastic surgery. The only thing, and I mean the only thing that kept me from killing all of them was a woman that stepped in front of them and asked them to stop the beating. Surgery, rehab, loss of income, physical and emotional healing all b/c of their conduct, not mine.

They beating stopped only after another LEO came up and had them at gunpoint. So sir, don't tell me that they are all here in the US to look for a job blah blah blah.....don't even try.

Dave McReynolds

What if the perp were a Moslem terrorist? Sometimes, identifying something about the perp's background adds useful information to the article, and other times, as in your examples, it may just stir the pot. Maybe the difference is whether the information identifies a serious problem and also leads the reader to think that something more could be done. For example, if the perp were a Moslem terrorist, maybe the reader would think that we're not doing enough to prevent the entry of Moslem terrorists into our country. There are probably millions of Moslem terrorists who would do us harm, and knowing about one who got through the net would be newsworthy, I think. On the other hand, if the crime were committed by an Eskimo terrorist, maybe including that in the title of the article would be gratuitous. To me, there is considerable potential for harm from crimes committed by illegal aliens, and there is also something that can be done about it. So I place the value of identifying an illegal alien perpetrator in the title of a news article as being more comparable with a crime committed by a Moslem terrorist than one committed by an Eskimo terrorist or some of the other categories you mention. You may (and no doubt do) differ with this value judgement, of course.

You can convolute and distort all you want....the reality is they are a huge problem. And to the poster who makes the comment about color etc. It really doesn't matter what race one is.

I have done a lot of traveling. Cambodia for instance. I was told at the border that if I did not check into a visa station within 14 days I would be charged as an illegal entry, fined up to 10,000 US and prison up to 7 years. Guess what?????? I checked in @ 10 days. So the point to all of this is......don't be here illegally, don't even think about recklessly, knowing, or even mistakingly killing anyone while you are at it.

A personal note. In 1992 I was assaulted on duty by 3 illegals. A battered face with a pipe and severe head trauma requiring plastic surgery. The only thing, and I mean the only thing that kept me from killing all of them was a woman that stepped in front of them and asked them to stop the beating. Surgery, rehab, loss of income, physical and emotional healing all b/c of their conduct, not mine.

They beating stopped only after another LEO came up and had them at gunpoint. So sir, don't tell me that they are all here in the US to look for a job blah blah blah.....don't even try.

First, let me set clear that I have no intent to offend any one.

I won't venture to comment on your personal experience. I'm sorry you went thru that.

Your anecdote about Cambodia makes an interesting point. Many other countries have much more stringent immigration laws; that in itself makes a statement about the lax methods employed here. One could surmise that authorities must know that a certain number of those asking for temporary tourist permits are going to stay as illegal immigrants, yet the process seems to ignore this. Moreover there is another subgroup, those who do not cross at border checkpoints, but are smuggled and sometimes held prisoner until a significant amount is paid.

I can visualize members of the Siux, Cheyenne or Black Feet refering to those pale-faced immigrants as savages and evil. Now the descendants of those who literally stole the land of the native americans, now raise the same clamor against those who come seeking to till the soil, harvest crops, wash toilets and mow lawns. The complete and unqualifiable truth belongs to neither group.

Not all pale-faced men were evil, many co-existed with the natives in peace and were only interested in forging a new life. Yet, strictly speaking, they were illegal immigrants..

The core of my position, however, if you read my wording a bit more openly, is that although I acknowledge that most foreign criminals are illegally in th ecountry, I can't accept that ALL illegal immigrants are criminals, or criminally inclined, nor can I accept that by deporting all illegal immigrants crime would be erradicated.

The "pale faced immgrants" were not "illegal immigrants" as the Sioux, Cheyenne etc had no clearly defined borders nor, indeed, a homogenous nation or an immigration policy making such entry illegal.

There were a lot of "fluid borders" across the planet "back in the day" and such fluidity was generally created by force of arms, followed by a strategic alliance, royal marriage or a treaty.

And many of the treaties were broken by the winning side as the losers generally couldn't enforce their side of the treaty anyway!

Things have improved a little since then. ;)

Oh! And Mexico has one of the more Draconian immigration policies and the worst jails. Ever driven through Mexico and been stopped (a little too frequently) by the "Fruit Police", "Meat Police", Federales and the "I'm just checking your vehicle for snicks Police"?

Our LEOS couldn't get away with such profiling in the U.S......!

Let me interject some facts.

In the year 2000 I lived in Houston. My riding buddy, in his pick-up truck was T-boned by an illegal immigrant running a red light on FM 1960 at the Champions Forest road intersection.

The investigating officer told my friend, before the ambulance arrived, that the dude had no insurance, and was not driving with a valid license. The dude got a citation and left the area. Never heard from again.

Appalled by this turn of events I, personally, went on a fact finding crusade. In short, I contacted the Harris County justice system, the state Department of Public Safety in Austin, plus had private conversations with a good number of people in the "justice system". I told them I was collecting information for an article for publication (which I never wrote). I made Public Information System requests of several agencies in the area.

With hardly any exceptions everyone was friendly, helpful and forthcoming with their own opinions. Only a few were able to provide "official data".

The official factual data was astounding. Of the 307,671 recorded accidents in Texas in the last full year that data was available, 566,223 vehicles were involved. 36.4 percent did not have insurance. The great majority of these vehicles were driven by undocumented persons, mostly natives of Mexico. Most of these were given citations. Few appeared in court or paid fines. Those who did appear were given dates for trial (for the accident and for failure to have the required insurance). It was the norm that these persons failed to appear.

There were 60,265 D.L. suspensions that year for failure to have insurance as a result of all sorts of traffic stops and accidents.

The law enforcement community, off the record, told me repeatedly that the chance of a Mexican who was involved in an accident having insurance was just about unheard of. Houston, being a "sanctuary city" took no action on any of this. It was their policy to do nothing about it.

As a result, the law abiding citizens of that part of the country carry large Uninsured and Under Insured Motorist riders on their own policies. The insurance rates in that part of Texas are among the highest in the nation. This is but one cost of the problem.

The fact of the matter is that any nation that will not enforce its boundaries and which will not deal with persons without documentation will suffer the consequence. We are all paying for those failures of our system and for the choices that are being made.

This sort of stuff is not why I moved from Harris County, but it is one of the reasons I am really glad I did.

I am sorry the fellow lost his life in Dallas. I am also believe that if there were fewer undocumented aliens in our country and on our roads there would be fewer such cases and we would all be safer.

The other day on T.V. a guy said you have the right to your own opinions but you do not have the right to your own facts.

The "pale faced immgrants" were not "illegal immigrants" as the Sioux, Cheyenne etc had no clearly defined borders nor, indeed, a homogenous nation or an immigration policy making such entry illegal.

There were a lot of "fluid borders" across the planet "back in the day" and such fluidity was generally created by force of arms, followed by a strategic alliance, royal marriage or a treaty.

And many of the treaties were broken by the winning side as the losers generally couldn't enforce their side of the treaty anyway!

Things have improved a little since then. ;)

Oh! And Mexico has one of the more Draconian immigration policies and the worst jails. Ever driven through Mexico and been stopped (a little too frequently) by the "Fruit Police", "Meat Police", Federales and the "I'm just checking your vehicle for snicks Police"?

Our LEOS couldn't get away with such profiling in the U.S......!

:rofl:

I know what you are saying about borders back then. There were none, I was just drawing a remote parallel which would not injure anyone directly.

And as to Mexican immigration policies... who ofered them as an example?

In the year 2000 I lived in Houston. My riding buddy, in his pick-up truck was T-boned by an illegal immigrant running a red light on FM 1960 at the Champions Forest road intersection.

The investigating officer told my friend, before the ambulance arrived, that the dude had no insurance, and was not driving with a valid license. The dude got a citation and left the area. Never heard from again.

Appalled by this turn of events I, personally, went on a fact finding crusade. In short, I contacted the Harris County justice system, the state Department of Public Safety in Austin, plus had private conversations with a good number of people in the "justice system". I told them I was collecting information for an article for publication (which I never wrote). I made Public Information System requests of several agencies in the area.

With hardly any exceptions everyone was friendly, helpful and forthcoming with their own opinions. Only a few were able to provide "official data".

The official factual data was astounding. Of the 307,671 recorded accidents in Texas in the last full year that data was available, 566,223 vehicles were involved. 36.4 percent did not have insurance. The great majority of these vehicles were driven by undocumented persons, mostly natives of Mexico. Most of these were given citations. Few appeared in court or paid fines. Those who did appear were given dates for trial (for the accident and for failure to have the required insurance). It was the norm that these persons failed to appear.

There were 60,265 D.L. suspensions that year for failure to have insurance as a result of all sorts of traffic stops and accidents.

The law enforcement community, off the record, told me repeatedly that the chance of a Mexican who was involved in an accident having insurance was just about unheard of. Houston, being a "sanctuary city" took no action on any of this. It was their policy to do nothing about it.

As a result, the law abiding citizens of that part of the country carry large Uninsured and Under Insured Motorist riders on their own policies. The insurance rates in that part of Texas are among the highest in the nation. This is but one cost of the problem.

The fact of the matter is that any nation that will not enforce its boundaries and which will not deal with persons without documentation will suffer the consequence. We are all paying for those failures of our system and for the choices that are being made.

This sort of stuff is not why I moved from Harris County, but it is one of the reasons I am really glad I did.

I am sorry the fellow lost his life in Dallas. I am also believe that if there were fewer undocumented aliens in our country and on our roads there would be fewer such cases and we would all be safer.

The other day on T.V. a guy said you have the right to your own opinions but you do not have the right to your own facts.

Bravo, well said and very true. I deal directly with the examples you state on a daily and very frequent basis. The tickets I write might as well be on toilet paper.

I should also mention that any collision involving an uninsured, unlicensed driver directly increases the chances that driver fleeing from the collision scene if said vehicle is still operable. Fleeing on foot is likely if the vehicle is no longer drivable.

Our beloved US 9th Circuit Court also prohibits towing of vehicles being operated by unlicensed drivers.

Zero tolerance! Two immigration status' in this country: Legal and illegal. If your tourist Visa is expired, straight to immigration detention, fined, deported. Simple as that.

The immigration court is a joke. Illegals are granted bond and promise to appear for deportation hearings. Yeah right. Our immigration policies and enforcement are a joke.

Last week I was working a round up of violent criminals in San Francisco. SFPD learns that ICE had been requested to check the criminals immigration status' and SFPD pulled out the night before the operation due to their "sanctuary city" status. They should receive $0 federal funds.

Yes, I'm angry!

Stephen,

So sorry for the loss of your friend. I've had a similar experience and while the pain has dulled, it'll never go away. Cherish the quality time.

Regards,

Mike O

Illegal aliens are “alien invaders”, invading the sovereignty of our nation. They should be deported as soon as apprehended, but if suspected of committing a crime, they should be given a quick trial by military tribunal and if convicted, sent for a minimum of 5 years/no parole incarceration at a tent-city prison for alien invaders established about 50 miles south of Tucson in the desert. And deported upon release. If captured in the US again, the sentence is automatically 10 years, just for being here again. Once the word is out, maybe things will change. Yes—alien invaders who commit crimes should receive much harsher sentences & treatment than citizens or legal aliens. Check out the laws of other nations.

Since illegal aliens commit disproportionately more crimes than American citizens, identifying an illegal alien as being the perpetrator of a crime seems to serve a legitimate journalistic purpose other than just stiring the pot.

Probably a more relevant point would be whether they are involved in disproportionately more traffic accidents than American citizens, rather than "crimes". I doubt there's much connection between, say, a proclivity to rob convenience stores and a tendency to make stupid traffic moves.

Lee

1150RT

Just to add a little more fuel to the fire, an unlicensed, illegal immigrant blew through a red light last Sat. night and mowed down two motorcyclists in Long Beach, CA. The result one dead, one in a coma.

Since illegal aliens commit disproportionately more crimes than American citizens, identifying an illegal alien as being the perpetrator of a crime seems to serve a legitimate journalistic purpose other than just stiring the pot.

Probably a more relevant point would be whether they are involved in disproportionately more traffic accidents than American citizens, rather than "crimes". I doubt there's much connection between, say, a proclivity to rob convenience stores and a tendency to make stupid traffic moves.

Lee

1150RT

======================================================

Lee, I don't know what the % of illegal aliens is in Kentucky, but come here to NC and watch the evening news or look at the crime reports from the CMPD and then you'll understand. There appears to be an obvious proclivity to commit crimes and cause traffic accidents WAY in excess of their percent of population.

Amen!

Immigration control is about national sovereignty - period. A nation that cannot control its borders and define the "citizenship" of its natives, forfeits legitimacy. In not ONE other nation in the world is immigration control seen as an issue of racism or class.

American welcomes immigrants. My wife is a naturalized citizen and my kids are not white. We will ALWAYS welcome immigrants, as it is almost universally recognized that America was made great by both the Constitution AND the foreign immigrants who have flocked to American to live under the umbrella of our Constitution.

The "racist", or "cultural elitist", or "lawless immigrate" issues all evolve from the government's, and namely Congresses' failure to do it's duty. Certainly, the activists who "under-appreciate" our national heritage (to put it politely), frequently use race-baiting to obfuscate what should be a clear, legal issue, and intentionally stir the pot of nativist passions. A person who objects to illegal immigration, supports legal immigration and enforcement of immigration laws, is labeled a "racist" and "xenophobic".

The reaction of Americans who see friends either put out of work or in this case killed by illegal immigrants (i.e. not just "undocumented" - obfuscation) is reasonable and understandable. True, the issue in the case sited is in fact legal, not racial or related to immigration. A white American can kill me just as dead as a Mexican or Latin American driving the US roads in just as undisciplined a manner as in his or her native country. However, the white American is more likely to be prosecuted due to political considerations. The law, devoid of political considerations should read something like this:

"If you are cited for lack of insurance, your vehicle is impounded, you will owe a fine, you go to jail until bail is made or the fine is paid, and your identity will be established. If you are not a US citizen, you will be deported with a $500 gift for a new start in your own country. You will also be offered the immediate opportunity to apply for legal immigration to the USA. If you return illegally and are apprehended again, you will charged with a felony, almost certainly convicted, will serve hard time in a US Federal prison, then be deported again, and will never again be eligible for legal status on U.S. soil. If you are apprehended a third time, you'll spend the rest of your life in a desert prison managed by someone like Joe Arpaio."

Simple. Effective. More humane and moral than how 90% of the other countries in this world treat illegal aliens. And, it defends America for Americans, native and naturalized alike.

A rational debate on immigration policy is required, absent the demagoguery. The current policy in the USA, by default, favors Mexican immigrants over any other enthicity, and regardless of the immigrant's need, ability to contribute, or other qualifications. Americans need to ask their politicians, "Why?. If you are Mexican, you have the first place in line, i.e. just slip across the border. On the other hand, if you are a former Polish Spec-ops soldier who served along side U.S. Navy SEALS in Iraq, you go to the back of the line behind any Mexican who pays a few hundred dollars to cross the US Border to become a "illegal alien". If you are Filipino, you will wait 20 years or longer for your chance, even if your Mother or Brother or Sister are waiting in the US for you. Is a Mexican "worth more" than a Pole, a Filipino, a British citizen, a Canadian, a Russian, an Israeli, a Palestinian, Arab, or Persian immigrant? Is it good for America or even fair to admit 30,000,000 more persons of one ethnicity over all others? (Note that this "value comparison" is not personal, i.e. every human being has worth, and illegal immigrants are some of the hardest working people in the US.)

We need to separate the issues and discuss them reasonably. It is quite correct that the ethnicity and citizenship of a driver without insurance, without a drivers license, without driving experience, and generally without accountability, should not be the issue. Identifying them by nationality, however, is not the same thing as identifying by race or ethnicity. Until the politicians address the questions of "Who?", "How many?", "What qualifications?", and "What's best for American" over "What's fair?" (in subjective moral terms), Americans who are livid that their homes are being overrun, that their jobs are being usurped, that their taxes are 20% or more higher, and in extreme cases, their loved one's and friends are being injured or killed by those who have no moral, legal, or Constitutional right to be here to do so in the first place, are going to be flat-out pissed.

Americans are fair, proud, kind, and welcoming people, but the current state of immigration policy in the US kind of makes us kind of want to take the welcome mat in at night.

Regards,

Scott

Americans are fair, proud, kind, and welcoming people, but the current state of immigration policy in the US kind of makes us kind of want to take the welcome mat in at night.

Regards,

Scott

You have presented my intent in a way much more elocuent that I could, or I was able to convey. I did not want to condone illegal immigration; it needs to be reigned in. With immigration come many people seeking a better life, and some too lazy or too dumb to appreciate the gift.

Well said.

Well put, Scott!

And, as some of you know, I, myself, am a legal immigrant.

Actually, the majority of folks in this country are either legal immigrants or descendants of legal immigrants. Except for that colony of Martians just outside Las Alamos. :grin:

Archived