IGNORED

A Ferrari on Paris Streets

Pilgrim

I can't believe this hasn't been posted here, but I don't find it with a search.

IMHO, it exceeds the "crazy" factor of a similar video shot from a Porsche as it made a dawn run through Stockholm.

High-speed in Paris

I don't quite know how to characterize someone who'd do that, other than suicidal/homicidal. Personally, if I'd been along I'd have been sitting bolt-upright in the right seat, eyes wide open, 'cause I haven't ever seen a BIG accident and I wouldn't want to miss it.

Pilgrim

I figured that had to be a commercial of some sort because I've driven in Paris several times and the streets are never that sparse of traffic. :/

I say, FAKE! The overtake rate of other traffic is the dead give away. Either the flow of traffic is doing about 110, or this guy is all sound effects and no go.

It would be interesting for someone familiar with the terrain (or anyone else who cares enough to spend the time) to take some time/distance measurements from the video to calculate actual speed. (Assuming of course, that the video speed itself hasn't beeen tampered with.)

I dunno, Scott. The intro I saw didn't say he was doing 140 all the time. The passing speeds don't look all that bad if he's running 90 - 100.

Pilgrim

I say, FAKE! The overtake rate of other traffic is the dead give away. Either the flow of traffic is doing about 110, or this guy is all sound effects and no go.

The sound is totally amusing. All the redundant tire squeals usally at totally wrong times made me laugh :grin:

I wont even get into the shifting.

Without sound it's better.

Ever seen any Isle of Man

vids?

Kinda the same feel.

I was told about this by a movie industry friend that the guys who made one of the first autogyro camera mounts hired this guy to do this highspeed run through the Paris Streets as a demo of their new product.

This was done way back in the 70's and at the time there were only a handfull of guys that could have pulled if off. Supposely the cops pretty much knew who did it but they couldn't prove it. Now it's become an urban ledgend type of thing.

True. Saw a video of it at least 20 years ago. Pretty sure the car used for the soundtrack was a 275GTB/4, one of the greatest and most beautiful Ferrari road cars, a sound you don't get to hear every day.

275-- 275cc x 12 = 3.3 litre

GT-- Gran Turissmo

B-- Berlinetta (coupe)

/4-- 4 cams, with 6, 2 barrel Weber carburators

Archived