Quick, widen the doorways . . .

Firefight911

Ya had me thinking (I know dangerous) that you needed to widen the doorway to park Mr Pierce in the living room. :dopeslap: You know... away from the two hoodlums in the garage. :grin:

Pat

That's gonna cost him. Gotta go and buy a bigger helmet now ! :rofl:

Just don't get the same style as Dianne this time!

Rich, Here's one to show you were there. Not in the water, but close...

262514117_eQmGT-M.jpg

I made sure I got a chance to call him before he would no longer speak to "the little people". You would think by now he would know better... :dopeslap:

I should be in that picture too. I went in the water to help him get out.

159476190_9SQjd-L.jpg

It's true. Without Richard, I'd have had water in my helmet. Really! I was listing hard port, up to my knee, & going down FAST. I called for help, & Rich came in, bad back & all. BTW, photos were by Roadscholar.

See the series here.

Oh, & Tim? The two pics you've seen are two of the shallowist parts of the creek. Look to the right of Rich. He was standing on the rock out of the water, & the one just under, helping to keep me from going under. The water there was valve cover deep, & there was no good footing. Real men ride K bikes. Hmmph! :grin:

If only the GS were a trials bike. :P

Thanks, Phil, I owe you one. ;)

Oh and Danny...

If you'd have turned left, ya coulda gone downstream. :rofl:

Nice stuff Hollywood, I'll get your autograph at the UN.

MB>

Silly Salt Lake Boy, left & downstream of the rock, it was an easy six feet deep. I don't think so.

I'll bring prints. Autographs five bucks a pop. :Cool:

You know what they say; always opportunity in a down economy. :grin:

Francois_Dumas
I should be in that picture too. I went in the water to help him get out.

:rofl::rofl:

Maybe this one would've been more to the point

159476174_P88nn-L.jpg

Pshaw, I've had water over my boots on I-10, in hurricane feeder bands.

We had to go over to the access road.

There were cows.

twister.jpg

Looking forward to the new K GS Adventure. :lurk:

Danny does deserve alot of credit for having the strength to not drop the bike. I bet there's not too many people who could keep it going like he did before help arrived. That was one tricky crossing.

Danny does deserve alot of credit for having the strength to not drop the bike. I bet there's not too many people who could keep it going like he did before help arrived. That was one tricky crossing.

Wow, did Danny just pay big money for that PSA or what?!?!? Hee hee.

Without the training wheels he never would have kept it up.

We remember where that spot is. Anyone with a GS should go and try it. 800, 1200 , whatever. I'm not trying to kiss up but I really think he was crazy and that crossing is impossible on a bike that size.(without help) I would probably end up in the water with my 250 lb. KTM 450 EXC.

I couldn't believe he was gonna try it. My mission was to get to the other side as quick as possible and snap off a few, you know, just in case. :grin:

I think he was just having an "adventure" moment or maybe an adrenaline spike from the play-race we'd just had down the mountain. :grin:

It is truly amazing how much extra strength you get when the adrenalin kicks in as you picture the huge rock dent in a pretty much pristine BMW fuel tank, let alone the extra kick when you suddenly remember that your leg is under there also.

And I'd do it again, now that I know which line NOT to take. Shoulda gone a little upstream.

Borrow the 800 Bill? :grin:

Would you settle for a pitiful, old, worn out, and dilapidated KLR? :)

Archived