IGNORED

DWA???

flattwin

I just replaced the original battery in my 2005 R1200RT with a non-BMW battery recommended on the forum. I trickle charged it the night before, installed it, held the throttle open for a couple of seconds with the ignition on to let the computers recognize the throttle body position per the manual, set the clock and started her up just fine.

Only one issue: I am now getting a DWA warning with a half charged flashlight battery symbol underneath it when I turn on the key for the first few seconds. The manual says it has something to do with not enough current to run the alarm system, but is not much help otherwise. Is there another battery I need to change out somewhere on the bike? Does it have something to do with my new battery? Any thoughts?

Thanks for the advice. I see a rectangular box back by the tailight basically under the luggage rack--is the alarm battery in there or am I looking in the wrong place. The box looks like it contains computer stuff(?)

No, I have not...could the FOB be telling the bike it needs a new battery? If so, mystery solved.Very cool as well. Can anyone confirm?

It's not the key fob battery. It is for the alarm system battery. The 2008 owners manual has it in there. Our 2005 manual does not. If the little battery symbol partially filled in the battery is weak. Empty and the battery is "flat".

Where exactly is it? Is it in that black box in the tail I mentioned in my earlier post? Also, is is commonly available or a special BMW one-off part?

Archived