IGNORED

Ripping CD to MP3

Jerry Johnston

Jerry Johnston

There's a free program that is very simple and easy to use called Freerip that may interest many of you. I've tried it out and it couldn't be easier to use.

www.freerip.com

Another recommended program that enables free ripping as well as creating playlists from MP3 format is Media Monkey

Using MM, I created several playlists by genre and uploaded to Zumo SD card. I also burned CDs for my truck using same...

Jeff

Jerry Johnston

I just found out that Windows Media Player 10 also works. The freerip also makes ring tones if needed. At least all the programs mentioned above make you less dependent on MS.

I'd suggest using a program that utilizes the LAME MP3 encoder which is pretty widely regarded to be the best available right now. FreeRip and MediaMonkey do, iTunes and WMP do not (and the iTunes MP3 encoder in particular isn't considered to be the greatest.) This is admittedly a small consideration as any audible differences that might exist are likely to be very small, but just FWIW...

Another recommended program that enables free ripping as well as creating playlists from MP3 format is Media Monkey

Using MM, I created several playlists by genre and uploaded to Zumo SD card. I also burned CDs for my truck using same...

Jeff

++1 to Media Monkey

Archived