IGNORED

Problem with a important body part on long rides

Gar

Well I have a russel day long when I wear jeans or other pants on a ride over 1 hour the jewels just say no. If I wear comfort riding suit pants all is well. I do currently have bar backs and floor boards........2008 and 2006 suggestions please......seat angle or padding just no sure............stock seat about the same or worst.........Gar

Anti Monkey Butt powder(yes,it really exists!)

Wicking cycling shorts,or LD riding shorts

Stay away from jeans,cotton will hold in moisture and

lead to discomfort.

You need breathable wicking fabrics in that area.

Jeans also provide zero crash protection,the last thing you want

is burn care/skin grafts.

Yes,try altering seat position,you already have the best

saddle on the market.

JR356

Hmm, my buddy recently bought the Freedom Air pad and that part of our anatomy is part of its design. I use an older Airhawk and my, um, positioning seems fine. Of course for long rides I do wear those LD Rider shorts (two thumbs up from me).

I had a similar scenario with my seat. I sent it back to Rocky and they flattened the front part of the seat just a little, and that took care of it.

These might help...They do for me .......Never leave home without them.....

JockeyAlance.jpg

Jockey Elance......Two pack for $15..........

Look pretty buff don't I? :thumbsup:

I would suggest figuring out where and why pressure is being applied to the "sensitive area". Is it a result of sliding forward on the seat? Is it a steady pressure due to the design of the seat?

In the first case, the front of the seat might need to be raised to stop the sliding. In the second case it might need to be lowered to reduce the pressure.

Is the seat in the high or low position?

Try the other position. leg angle can make a difference.

Only you can tell.....

You are certainly not alone on this one, although I truly wish you were.

For me two things have improved the joy of the boys:

1. Synthetic boxer briefs.

2. Fourway stretch pants made by North Face, REI or several other companies that make boldering gear.

The briefs keep things cool and the pants move with me and keep things roomie. :thumbsup:

JockeyAlance.jpg

They won't look like this on me! Not for the last 50 years anyways...

Reshape your seat by removing the cover and grinding the foam with a disc sander to dish the seat slightly to transfer your weight to your butt and off of your package. UnderArmor shorts also help quite a bit. I tried Adiamo padded shorts, but they made the problem worse.

Good luck.

Dave

LD Riding shorts & Diamond Gusset jeans work great when not wearing riding pants. I'll never buy regular jeans again.

+1 on LD Comforts ! !

JockeyAlance.jpg

fine for skinny guys.....they rest of us would look like tommy boy!

Personally I had a ton of issues with the day long. Hated it. Better than stock but....

I got a Bill Mayer in leater and can ride for 12 hours without an issue.

Dennis Andress

Several years ago someone started a thread titled "My Balls Hurt" As a result of that thread the poster was given a very unique handle. For the life of me I can't remember what it was....

Several years ago someone started a thread titled "My Balls Hurt" As a result of that thread the poster was given a very unique handle. For the life of me I can't remember what it was....

"Tender Vittles"?

Dennis Andress

"Tender Vittles"?

That's it!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

JockeyAlance.jpg

:eek:

Everyone overlooked the obvious...........For 2009 be nice....Ride Naked!......

That's the best way to get "into the wind"

That would cause another ATGATT thread discussion wouldnt it?

...and create a new application for chapstick... :dopeslap:

Well, I can't pass this topic up. For me, Ex Officio briefs worked well, comfy and excellent wicking/venting - get 'em at REI. Kind of pricy but work well. Their regular boxers, not so much and I've never tried their boxer-briefs. The LD shorts are OK too but don't have the, um, support of the briefs.

Um can you imagine climbing aboard a seat that's sat in the sun for awhile. Can you say grilled vittles?

Francois_Dumas

Heck, I thought you meant your THUMB !!!!

(That's the part that gives me trouble, after having wrecked two of them with skiing accidents).

Apparently not..... :dopeslap:

"Tender Vittles"?

That's it!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Dennis,

No, the "Tender Vittles" is a tale of liberal application of the Gold Bond Powder that can cause a heating sensation upon application.

The "My Balls Hurt" thread included discussions of apparel, under garments, cremes, salves, Butt Butter,

diaper ointment, and other lascivious lubricants.

The name given to the OP escapes me at the moment, perhaps it will be recalled by someone?

I don't think the OP is active anymore.

I would suggest figuring out where and why pressure is being applied to the "sensitive area". Is it a result of sliding forward on the seat? Is it a steady pressure due to the design of the seat?

In the first case, the front of the seat might need to be raised to stop the sliding. In the second case it might need to be lowered to reduce the pressure.

Is the seat in the high or low position?

Try the other position. leg angle can make a difference.

Only you can tell.....

SageRider is sage... I am going to guess part of the problem is what is against the skin that is applying pressure. All of the undies spoken of in this thread have seams and seams are the bane to anyone riding more than a short time on a bike. [yes, a well made custom seat is important, too.] Having many LD and IronButt-type rallies on my bikes, I will say the best you can do for what is next to your skin is LD Comfort riding apparel - long sleeve shirt, riding shorts or riding tights. I prefer riding tights year round, along with the shirt, because they are excellent against the skin; the skin doesn't stick to the 'stich in the summer; and in the summer the garments can act as an air conditioner when used as recommended.

All of these garments are made of a dual layer material that really does wick moisture away from the skin. The outer layer can be cooling with some ventilation in your riding clothes. Cotton is not the key either for inner or outer wear.

I have no interest in LD Comfort other than supporting the company because they stand behind what I have found to be the best undergarments in the industry! Check 'em out http://ldcomfort.com/

I have a similar issue with my RT. I don't have the issue with my Road King. The difference between the two: The Road King's seat slopes back and the RT slopes forward.

You might want to check with a urologist and make sure riding is not causing a flareup of epididymitis . Antibiotics will do the trick. You sure don't want it to go untreated, it can go south on you in a bad way.

Edit:

DAMHIK :P

Tim said:

...the "Tender Vittles" is a tale of liberal application of the Gold Bond Powder that can cause a heating sensation upon application...The name given to the OP escapes me at the moment, perhaps it will be recalled by someone?

That was ChrisNYC I think.

I like the boxers from Patagonia. Very comfy. Also the Convertible pants from REI. Legs zip off on hot days.

Kevlar riding suit from Motoport keeps my skin where it should be. Boots by Cruiserworks.

LOVE my Day Long!!

What helps me most however is flexing all my muscle groups in order starting from my feet up to my head. I do this often and it really helps.

I learned this technique from a long post by Dick Franz(?).

Where did he go?

Tim said:

...the "Tender Vittles" is a tale of liberal application of the Gold Bond Powder that can cause a heating sensation upon application...The name given to the OP escapes me at the moment, perhaps it will be recalled by someone?

That was ChrisNYC I think.

By the way,the regular Gold Bond is fine.It was the other version(menthol?)that was reported to cause the"issues"

JR356

Hmmmm! My Doc said my wife is to blame for to much use of that particular body part! :S

Doh, sorry, I guess I misunderstood what the thread "Problem with an important body part on long rides" :eek::dopeslap::rofl:

Sorry, I just couldn't pass that one up!! :lurk:

Or a new definition of Chapstick :thumbsup:

Why Oh Why Oh Why did no one save the

"My Balls Hurt" thread... :dopeslap::rofl:

That was a classic... I used to have a copy on my old PC but lost that. That thread kept me in tears for days!

Mike O

• 1 month later...

I bet if you contact Chris NYC, he probably has that saved and would repost it.

That was a classic... I used to have a copy on my old PC but lost that. That thread kept me in tears for days!

Mike O

I found it. I knew I had seen it recently.

Third or forth down. grab it while you can.

Gold Bond

Mike O

I found it. I knew I had seen it recently.

Third or forth down. grab it while you can.

Gold Bond

One of my prouder moments, with the 3 pointer going to Mayormob!

However, see Tim's post above. The "Gold Bond" thread should not be confused with the "My Balls Hurt" thread. The question remains about the forum handle as to the OP of the latter. Of course, I'm giggling as I type this...

Archived