IGNORED

Houston area members?

DaveTheAffable

DaveTheAffable

I may be making a trip (flying) to Houston area this spring for business/pleasure. No details yet, 'cause I don't have them.

Any members in that greater area that would be interested in coffee, dinner, or 'somethin' with DaveTheAffable picking up the tab... let me know.

DaveTheAffable
If your riding.....you gotta pass by my house on the way.

Let me know.

Whip

BTW....I'll fight ya for the tab.

About 28 years ago while living in Los Angeles, I was sent to San Antonio for some training. I spent 6 weeks in "Turtle Creek" industrial park training for a company called Datapoint/Intelogic Trace. My wife of 2 weeks (that I refused to leave home at that point) and I lived in some run down "efficiency" apartments and were introduced to some cockroaches (y'all call 'em waterbugs) that were big eneough to walk off with a new born child (which we didn't have yet, but worked on it).

Other than those bugs, I really liked San Antonio, and even made some trips up to New Braunfels and other areas. (Alas... it was in a cage)

I do want to return. MOST likely I will fly. But if I can get some money for parts, and hook up with Jerry Mather, and get my K12RS rear main seal fixed, and get a couple extra days off for travel..

...I'd love to come down on the bike and fight ya for dinner. :wave:

I live on the far west side of Houston. Let me know when you get to town, if I am in town I could meet you for dinner. You don't even have to buy, unless you choose a really hoity-toity place to eat that is!

Where in Houston are you going to be staying, it is a big place. It can take you an hour to get from one side to the other. Or in my case, an hour to get downtown.

DaveTheAffable
I live on the far west side of Houston. Let me know when you get to town, if I am in town I could meet you for dinner. You don't even have to buy, unless you choose a really hoity-toity place to eat that is!

Where in Houston are you going to be staying, it is a big place. It can take you an hour to get from one side to the other. Or in my case, an hour to get downtown.

Well... I googled. I'll be in the area of Stafford / Sugar Land. I guess thats not like IN Houston

Well... I googled. I'll be in the area of Stafford / Sugar Land. I guess thats not like IN Houston

No, not in Houston, but closer to where I live. There are lots of choices for restaurants in Sugarland. Let me know what you like, food wise and we can figure it out from there.

...I'd love to come down on the bike and fight ya for dinner. :wave:

PM and I can give you some good tips

What, kick him in the shin? That wouldn't be fighting fair!

I'm in! Only an hour or so from Houston.

The best food I've ever had in the Woodlands: Jaspers

http://www.kentrathbun.com/ Look at the Woodlands

Just an idea for some excellent food.

Woodlands is more like south Dallas than Houston...

At least that is how it seems from here in East San Antonio.

East San Antonio...must be the Katy mass parking area!

I actually made Hobby to the Woodlands in rush hour the other night in just under an hour.

East San Antonio...must be the Katy mass parking area!

Close, I live between Katy and Richmond. Just 1.7 miles north of the Swinging Door.

Nice area, Chris. Are you on Mc Crary lake? Some nice places back there.

Close. I am across the street from it. We are one of the houses without waterfront in our neighborhood. Just makes the kids and dogs safer when we get an alligator or two in the lake.

I am still trying to get used to them here in SE Texas. Out west it was rattlesnakes and here it's the gators.

Don't forget water moccasins and copper heads.

Dave, let us know when the trip nears. I live in Missouri City, which is next to Sugar Land and Stafford. No end to places to eat, depending on what you might like to try! Hard to beat Pappasitos' for a get together like this. There is one at the Sugar Creek exit on 59 South.

Archived