IGNORED

Anakees vs Tourance

Heck

Apologies for another tire thread, but for those of you riding 1200GS iron, am curious about the wear differences and handling differences between the Michelin Anakee and the Metzler Tourance.. Am currently on 2nd set of Tourances but am looking for other options..

Thanks-

Your friendly neighborhood "Heck"

Heck, I've had both and the Anakees did not last as long and also the front wore much more unevenly. I got ~10K out of Tourances and only ~6K on the Anakees with the same bike and same riding style. If I ever go back to a more street oriented tire from my TKCs, it will be to the Tourances.

Apologies for those of you riding 1200GS, am curious about the wear differences and handling differences between the Michelin Anakee and the Metzler Tourance.. Am currently on 2nd set of Tourances but am looking for other options.

My 06r12gs had 19,400 miles when the OEM rear tourance finally got down to the treadbar. Front still has 4/32 of tread left. I put on a set of ME880's and love them.

max

Metzeler Tourance is known for its longevity, albeit, at the expense of some grip. Double check but isn't there a new Tourance out that more closer resembles, lasts like, the Anakee? Double check what you are getting if you go Tourance. Anakee is also coming out with the Anakees II though I've not heard of or seen them yet.

I ran Anakees on my Adventure. Definitely lasted less time but they were, IMO, a much better tire.

I spooned on a pair of Conti Trail Attacks and was immediately smitten!!! That is a fantastic tire!!!!!!! Great grip, excellent wet weather, good off road, etc. They were good for 7000 miles on the rear with some serious hooning on them. Front still had about 700 or so left at the time of the rears end of life.

Take a look at these tires. I loved them and will possibly be putting a pair on the F800GS after the Deathwings are done.

276476551_nbP4z-M.jpg

Archived