IGNORED

I need to bring a calculator to GROCERY store....

BULLman

to compare soda and beer prices :mad:

Why has PEPSI gone to 8pks and 18pks :S Is there an improvement over the 12pks and 24pks :S

Now I can't figure out which is cheaper - Pepsi or Coke without a calculator. (Which I think is why they did it)

Remember when the biggest math problem at the grocery store is getting enough hot dog buns for your hot dog? :rofl:

I've seen Bud gone to 20pk cs, too :dopeslap:

Okay, I feel better.

What at the store doesn't make sense to you?

:lurk:

skinny_tom (aka boney)

It's just like when Dryer's changed the size of the ice cream container to 1 3/4 quarts instead of a half-gallon. You can bet that you're paying more for the smaller containers.

Why has PEPSI gone to 8pks and 18pks

Obviously to pay for that incredibly stupid, vapid, idiotic, imbecilic, moronic, insulting commercial they paid good money to air on the Super Bowl.

Two things amaze me. First, that somewhere there is a group of creative people at Pepsi's ad agency who believed that the ad was creative, powerful, effective and a good use of their client's money. And second, that senior management in the marketing department at Pepsico agreed.

They should all be shot. I'm just having a tough time trying to decide whether they should be lined up against the wall before, or after, the authors of the Community Redevelopment Act.

Naw. After.

Francois_Dumas

I have two problems with stores - on the odd occasion I do food shopping for Nina, she doesn't trust me too much :

1. They keep displacing things. When I have finally learned where the canned food is... next time it is somewhere else !

2. There is too much of everything... I can't make up my mind which to take and when I return home I invariably have selected the wrong brand or size.

to compare soda and beer prices :mad:

Why has PEPSI gone to 8pks and 18pks :S Is there an improvement over the 12pks and 24pks :S

Now I can't figure out which is cheaper - Pepsi or Coke without a calculator. (Which I think is why they did it)

Remember when the biggest math problem at the grocery store is getting enough hot dog buns for your hot dog? :rofl:

I've seen Bud gone to 20pk cs, too :dopeslap:

Okay, I feel better.

What at the store doesn't make sense to you?

:lurk:

easy fix..quit drinkin :cry: and soda ain't good for ya. go back to hotdogs and buns with cheap mustard.

Or better yet, go to water. Here is Florida, the water sucks, so a good filtration system in necessary. But after that, it's very cheap to have a nice glass of ice water. And it has excellent hydration properties and zero calories. :wave:

But that doesn't help much for the deceptive grocery packaging that delivers smaller quanities at higher prices. :P

Joe Frickin' Friday
Why has PEPSI gone to 8pks and 18pks

Obviously to pay for that incredibly stupid, vapid, idiotic, imbecilic, moronic, insulting commercial they paid good money to air on the Super Bowl.

Pop culture references can seem awfully nonsensical if one isn't aware of the referent. It might help to know that the characters in that commercial were derived from the MacGruber series of skits on Saturday night live (and those skits, in turn, were derived from the old MacGyver TV series).

Then again, it might not help...:grin:

It's just like when Dryer's changed the size of the ice cream container to 1 3/4 quarts instead of a half-gallon. You can bet that you're paying more for the smaller containers.

It took me a while, but I did realize that they changed the sizes. Now THAT pisses me off.

Don't f*** with a fat-man's ice cream

The simple solution is that I don't like Pepsi (I drink Caffene-Free-Diet-Coke, so it is REALLY bad for me - thanks B-fish), but if I decide to drink one of their other products - like their root beer or Diet Dr Pepper (yeah I know it has caffene) I don't know which one is cheapest.

I do drink water, but I drink the Publix brand spring water. (I do recycle my PET bottles)

At least I know I'm not alone. :wave:

First, let me add my agreement to the observation that the Pepsi ad was stoopid.

I do most of my shopping at Jewel, which is a prevalent grocery store brand in the Midwest (part of the Supervalue group). One of the things I appreciate is the fact that their shelf price labels indicate a unit cost, usually in cents per ounce. That's pretty helpful, though the food companies continue to do their best to keep things confusing.

One of the things that has definitely occurred with greater frequency over the past few years is the downsizing of package contents . While it's something you wouldn't necessarily notice unless you happened to see the "old" and "new" packages on the shelf at the same time, I've seen it happening a lot over the past couple of years. Along these lines, I've gotten out of the habit of automatically reaching for the larger "economy" size of products. Quite often the per ounce cost is actually higher in the larger size containers.

If you want to keep abreast of all the changes in packaging that are being implemented to cust manufacturers' costs, MousePrint is a good resource. All in all, it's pretty confusing.

Don't confuse me; I'm still figuring out chewing gum. It started off as five pieces for five cents. Then it went to maybe seven pieces for a dime. Next was ten pieces for a quarter. Now there are all these strange packages and I've got no idea what I'm buying.

Dave in Doodah

While I agree with most of these sentiments, the older I get the less I worry about saving a few cents... compared to my monthly outlay for bills, mortgage, food, gas, etc, etc... 5 or 10 bucks a month extra for yummy, fizzy drinks is not gonna kill me. Life is too short to eat sub-par ice cream or drink crappy beer. :/

Oh, and for the record, Starbucks Java Chip is the BEST ice cream - bar none - no matter what size container it comes in. Yum.....

... shelf price labels indicate a unit cost, usually in cents per ounce

Yep, that's what I use for reference as well

Oh, and for the record, Starbucks Java Chip is the BEST ice cream - bar none - no matter what size container it comes in. Yum.....

Only if I can't find B&R Mint Chocolate Chip.

Archived