IGNORED

Callistoga Day Ride in norcal

cali_beemer

Well, it was a great day for a ride. I apologize for the short notice. I statrted the day out but taking HWY 50 over to davis and cutover to road 31. From there it was farm roads into Winters and over to 128. The weather was great and I continued up 128 to lake berryessa. Nice twisty road and not a car in front of me. I continued on hwy 128 to lake hennesy. Still no cars and nothing but tree covered twisty road. Once that got to hwy 29 I made a right and headed north for callistoga. I was going to try and make it to santa rosa for Willie Birds restraunt for lunch but I got off to a later start than I had planned so that was out of the question. However, once in Callistoga I did stumble upon Busters Southern BBQ. From the number of motorcycles parked out front, I knew this was a great place. Bikers always know the best food stops. They had a shelf of tri tips in the parking lot cooking, yummy. I had quite possibly the best tri tip sandwich I have ever had. The ribs looked great too and that will be for next time. So, I hopped back ont he bike, plugged calistoga road into the gps and headed down to Santa Rosa throught the pretrified forrest. From there it was a straight down HWY 12. I stopped when I happed to see a parking lot full of scooters. The place was having BBQ in the parking lot with lots of scooters. I even found an old vespa that was all original with a sidecar. For time purposes I just hopped on I-80 and straight home. It was a great ride. Callistoga made an excellent ride destination. Here are some pictures form the ride:

calistoga1.jpg

calistoga3.jpg

calisotga2.jpg

calistoga5.jpg

calistoga4.jpg

calistoga6.jpg

calistoga7.jpg

calistoga9.jpg

A true favorite ride of mine. I usually end up at Taylor's Refresher for food. I'll have to try Buster's.

Where are they at? I am always looking for new eateries.

This was the first time I have done this ride. I cant believe I have been missing this. I have done 128 taking my travel trailer out with the family but never on a bike. There are some spots where the roads were, wow, crazy potholes and weird things going on. But, I just slowed it down and that allowed me to take in the scenery more than some of my more sporty rides.

Heres the sign to look for if your going to Busters. Mmmmmm, I can still taste the BBQ.

busters.jpg

skinny_tom (aka boney)

Taylor's Refresher is just south of St. Helena on Hwy. 29. It's an old drive in that serves very un-drive in food. It's worth a stop.

Very nice ride. Someday we should do a NorCal ride to eat.

Someday we should do a NorCal ride to eat.

;);)

Oh yea!!!!!!!!! I'll be out that way in a month or two when James @ Renazco finishes my F800GS seat.

In Search of . . . yummmmmm!!!!!! Last one in this area was Fish & Chips, IIRC.

Taylor's Refresher is just south of St. Helena on Hwy. 29. It's an old drive in that serves very un-drive in food. It's worth a stop.

In, if after spring torrey. :wave:

AdventurePoser

Featured on "Diners, Dives and Drive-ins" I believe...

Great food!

Steve in So Cal

Archived