My part-time Super Bowl job....

BULLman

For the first EVER, I helped my friend that has a limo service. He needed help for the superbowl.

On Friday, the first time behind the wheel of any kind of limo, he set me up for 8+ hrs of driving this....

stretch101_lrg.jpg

No, I didn't comute from DC. That is a 101" stretch limo. Take a towncar and add an additional 101" of car!!!!

Depite being totally clueless on how the car worked (I had trouble opening the truck :eek:) I got a nice c note for a tip :Cool:

Last night, I drove Chris Matthews from Hardball.

2153661438_24a30e2c0a.jpg

I wonder who I'll be driving today :S

BTW, if you think this glamour - I went to bed at 5am Sat morning than arose at 7:30am to do my Sat trips :dopeslap: I'm tired.

:lurk:

People talk about being smooth when riding 2up...

Try driving 10up and working for tips :dopeslap:

I kept repeating to my self

sssssssmmmmmmmmmmmoooooooooooottttttttttthhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Nice tip! Pocket change for Chris I imagine.

He wasn't paying. He was a part of a 25+ party we had to get from the Vinoy to a restaurant in Tampa. The client was such a VIP, they made arrangements to get 6 matching black Escalades - so they would match. WE looked like the secret service driving down the street. Big time fun.

For the Super Bowl, I had a owner of one of the NFL teams and his party in a Lincoln Town Car. Trip went well, until I got a call from the office to check my pockets. Apparently, I kept the key to the van I was moving, but gave back my personal car keys to the office :dopeslap: A few excited phone calls, I was able to leave the keys with the head of security and we on our way. I don't think my customers realised anything was the matter. The kid picking up the keys made it back in time to do his pick-up at the airport. He arrived. Opened the door and his clients arrived.

Oh well, the search for the perfect trip continues. :lurk:

:eek: its 2am!!!! I need to get back to my REAL job in a few hours :P

Am I the only one affected by wishful thinking dyslexia who mis-read "Super Bowl Job" as intimate oral encounter ?

BTW, good super bowl; nothing like a blow out.

Wooster w/imagination

Am I the only one affected by wishful thinking dyslexia who mis-read "Super Bowl Job" as intimate oral encounter ?

BTW, good super bowl; nothing like a blow out.

Wooster w/imagination

Freudian Slip ?

Jacqueline , I'm not picking on you :rofl: , just defending Florida. I understand why you don't think Florida has curves. I remember looking in my mirror going around one and seeing you continue straight off into the grass! :rofl: :rofl: I won't tell any one though . :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sound like a fun {but ehausting) way to make a few extra bucks. How was the traffic in Tampa?

Friday nite, my guests wanted to go to Channelside and Jacksons. Well, there were 2 huge parties/concerts happening. I told them that we wouldn't be able to get close to either of them - they wanted to go anyways.

And guess what, we didn't get close to them. After making a couple of circles, we did end up at the Maritott Waterside and met their friends (I was betting against). We went to a strip club almost next door to where we started. Kids these days - can't tell 'em a thing.

In the mornng Sat, I went from the Mariot Waterside to Riverwalk Hote and back again. linky

They wanted me early, in case of traffic. There wasn't any. In fact, I just pulled to the side of the road and acted like I knew what I was doing and nobody bothered me. That is the one of the cool things about driving a limo - turn on your blinkers and you can park anywhere you want. I even stopped in the middle of a street to find out what there 2nd choice was. My passengers took that opportunity to pee. Kids these days.... damn, I repeating myself :rofl:

Gameday wasn't bad. The pick up time was 2pm. We directly to park and had no problems - thanks to the many maps and my GPS :thumbsup: On the way back was just as easy. I went the back way, acted like I knew what I was doing (and it worked), and had NO gridlock. Nice weekend. Nice tips. Need to catch up on my sleep. :eek:

Archived