IGNORED

Jalama Beach Ride.....

Redbrick

Thursday was a perfect riding day on So Cal as the six of us set off in quest of Jalamaburgers..... :thumbsup:...

Only found at a remote store/cafe on the coast north of Santa Barbara...

The Questees.....Redbrick, Beemerbabe, Effjay, Norm, Bob and Gary...

DVDBMWST2009007.jpg

The Quest..........

DVDBMWST2009011.jpg

Success?......What do you think? :clap:

Jalama Gulls.....

DVDBMWST2009015.jpg

Jalama Vista looking west at Point Arguello.......

DVDBMWST2009013.jpg

We met in Ventura, rode towards Ojai and Casitas Lake, up over Hwy 150 to Carpinteria....North through Santa Barbara, up over Hwy 154 past Cachuma Lake and on to Solvang and Buellton....Slipped off on a farm road called Santa Rosa Road over to Hwy 1 and south to the Jalama turn off....Fourteen miles later we were in a different world...Jalama Beach....A Santa Barbara County campground that's always filled in the summer and all that's there is the store/cafe..It is a complete campground with restrooms (flushing type).....Really a beautiful, remote location...The burgers are excellent and BIG......Plan on skipping dinner after one of these babies.. :grin:..Those burgers are famous in this area....

Return trip was south on Hwy 1 after the ride back out Jalama road to Hwy 101...Then north to the turn off to Najoqui Falls road which leads back to Solvang.....Back to Santa Barbara and Hwy 101 to Ventura and home....

The hills are just starting to green up after the rains..The start of the "pretty season" in the hills of Southern California............

A really nice ride with some good folks skillfully led by Norm.....

AdventurePoser

It takes a bigger man than I to eat a Jalama burger....but I still give it a try.

Thanks for posting. One of my favorite rides.

Cheers,

STeve

It takes a bigger man than I to eat a Jalama burger....but I still give it a try.

Thanks for posting. One of my favorite rides.

Cheers,

STeve

Got to admit Steve that I didn't sleep too well last night...Slightly overstuffed...And the onion :P.....Felt like I should have ridden home with the face shield open... :rofl:

Kathy and I agreed before we got there to split one...Didn't happen....."

And then there were the fries :dopeslap:.........

...And the onion :P.....Felt like I should have ridden home with the face shield open... :rofl:
Yes - wonderful weather, a great ride and a tasty Jalama burger. I knew those onions would be "the gift that keeps on giving" all the way home! :grin:

Jeff

Archived