IGNORED

GO Steelers!

KevinH

I hope you enjoy the game. Here in Tampa, it's the Ho-Hum Superbowl. A local ABC tv station did an informal poll. 25% of the people polled did not know what "big" sporting event was happening in Tampa this weekend. 80% of those who did know the Superbowl was here did not know which two teams were playing.

I live 10 miles from the Stadium but I'll be doing 'pigs-in-blankets' and Budweisers at a Superbowl party 15 miles from my house. :wave:

p.s.---I'm sure it'll generate more tv viewers than the World Series. You remember. The Tampa Bay Rays lost to...what was that other team?

I hope the Cards win just because...

Oh, and because I hate the Steelers in large part because of a few interactions I've had with their fans at games here in Jacksonville.

And because they hired Bill Cowher..

And... :rofl:

Above all, I want good commercials because the games usually suck.

Thanks.

It would be hard for any sponsoring city to get in an uproar over a small town team showing up for the big one. If it was the Giants, Patriots or Cowboys the media hype would be out there on a larger scale.

I hope the Cards come in ready to battle and the game goes down as one of the best two teams showing up ever.

Sorry for the poor representation of the fan base you ran into.

Commercials and the Puppy Bowl!

Probably would have been nice to have Arizona host the Superbowl. The local fans would love it. Good weather. The Steelers would win anyway.

But the local Tampa economy does appreciate the hosting opportunity.

And considering Tampa's, ahem, unique capacity of providing entertainment to the visiting guests, I'm sure it is also appreciated! (My local radio sports talk hosts visiting Tampa haven't been talking about sports lately :/ - it doesn't seem as though they've had much sleep this week)

It's hard to imagine the Steelers losing. They're a quality team with some of the best players in the league on both sides of ball (I'm a big fan of Palamalu, Big Ben and Hines Ward), not to mention a great coach and decent owners in the Rooney family.

I'm rooting for the Cards anyway. Just because.

Hines Ward is my favorite player in the entire league. He's got a big monkey grin on his face normally, and it gets even bigger when he's ready to get hit over the top down the center of the field.

And he doesn't have the height or the elite speed of many receivers (and certainly not the prima donna attitude), just great hands combined with ball savvy and guts.

I'm rooting for the Cardinals just because they have no Superbowl history. But I'll not be disappointed if the Steelers win. So it's going to be a more or less neutral viewing for me. Hopefully, the ads will be good.

I'm rooting for the Cardinals just because they have no Superbowl history. But I'll not be disappointed if the Steelers win. So it's going to be a more or less neutral viewing for me. Hopefully, the ads will be good.

Kinda same here, with Seminoles on both sides for spice.

It is hard for me to be a Cards fan after all these years of crap from them. It is amazing how the City of Phoenix is really taking to them though and it would be nice to get the win in a year where bad news is the norm not to mention the implosion of the Phoenix Suns here. Most people not from Arizona have no idea how tight this state is to that NBA team and the recent changes have been horrible to date (lost to the Spurs last night included). But with the Cards in the Super Bowl, it isn't as painful to watch.

So with all respect to the Steelers, I hope they end up like the other playoff teams that were favored of the Cards. Wondering what hit them.

Kaisr

Considering the amount of help they had from the refs in their last visit to the big one I will have to say..

GO CARDS! But I think the Steelers will win.

Considering the amount of help they had from the refs in their last visit to the big one I will have to say..

GO CARDS! But I think the Steelers will win.

Wow, are Seattle fans still singing The Ballad of Darrell Jackson Didn't Push off on Chris Hope and That's Really Our Super Bowl Trophy? ;)

wATCH oUT for supposed washed up, older Iowa quarterbacks that can still wing it all over the place...

I used to believe that defense won BIG games...I hafta believe that the Cards and their passing prowess have a puncher's chance in this tilt.

Archived