sw moto tire delivery times!

krussell

I hemmed and hawed for a while about what tires to run next and ended up settling on Dunlop Roadsmarts. I placed the order with SW moto yesterday at lunch, the tires arrived today. That was FREE shipping. Sweet, new boots!

I love SWMoto tires. I ordered a new tire for my RT and had them drop ship it to another memebers house where we were going to put it on. I emailed him at 4pm and they were there the next morning. SW moto tires rock. I have used them multiple times and never dissapointed.

Kevin, I have ordered from S/W moto & had tires delivered in 3 days (that’s to Michigan) then the very next order have them take 6 days..

S/W moto seems to use Tucker Rocky Distributing to drop ship from (not sure if all the time or just sometimes or just in some instances).. When my tires come with the Tucker Rocky Distributing sticker on them it is usually quick shipping..

Twisty

I've used them twice, last time it was two days. Anyhow, I wondered about this when I got the tires and checked the return address, it said AZ. Then I saw your post and checked the tracking information from UPS. Sure enough, the shipment from Portland to Portland took just one day. :-) They have a Tucker Rocky sticker was well.

This sort of defeats the notion of going to a larger vendor to get more up to date stock. The little local warehouses can get just as stale as the local dealer warehouse.

I've used them twice, last time it was two days. Anyhow, I wondered about this when I got the tires and checked the return address, it said AZ. Then I saw your post and checked the tracking information from UPS. Sure enough, the shipment from Portland to Portland took just one day. :-) They have a Tucker Rocky sticker was well.

This sort of defeats the notion of going to a larger vendor to get more up to date stock. The little local warehouses can get just as stale as the local dealer warehouse.

Kevin, that is one of the reasons I use S/W moto.. Between the S/W moto & Tucker Rocky I seem to get very new production tires from them..

Just got a set delivered Monday & one tire came with a date code of 48/08 (48th week of 2008) & the other came with 36/08 date code..

I can find tires cheaper but in a lot of cases they carry a date code of over a year old.. Been very happy with S/W moto as far as tire age goes..

Even a lot of dealers have older stock as they buy from places that carry older stock then sit on them for while themselves as they sit in their warehouse..

Twisty

That's what I was thinking, but as I mentioned in the D220 deal thread I ended up with 4407 front and 2008 rear on the Roadmarts I received today.

There is a ton of information on the web about how old tires should be, I think I'm fine. And most of that information points to excess heat as a factor, so if they have been stuck in a Portland warehouse I'm in good shape.

Silver Surfer/AKAButters

Pretty sweet having SM moto down the block. Great selection, great prices and $20. install while you wait.

Pretty sweet having SM moto down the block. Great selection, great prices and $20. install while you wait.

And with that many bikes to keep good tires on they must like you too!

Rich, I have dealt with S/W moto for a long time.. In all that time I have never been in his shop or seen a picture of the inside..

Does he stock most tires there & ship from there or drop ship more than he ships from his shop? In the beginning I would get what I believed was coming from his shop but for a long time now it seems like they are all drop shipped from a more local warehouse to my area.. Makes sense cost wise to drop ship from a local warehouse than ship to Michigan from AZ..

Twisty

By the way, I believe the previous owner (Blain) has sold out and retired. They are now incorporated into the largest Honda dealership in Tucson but using the same processes and drop ship warehouses as before. Hopefully, the service and prices will continue.

By the way, I believe the previous owner (Blain) has sold out and retired. They are now incorporated into the largest Honda dealership in Tucson but using the same processes and drop ship warehouses as before. Hopefully, the service and prices will continue.

Yep, the Mastercard entry at the bank says "ARIZONA HONDA". They warned me in the order confirmation that it would.

Silver Surfer/AKAButters

John Cartwigth over at Iron Horse BMW was telling me that it is now his baby (SWMoto) and we would now be getting the same great deals through Iron Horse. A little confusing, but that's what he said. Ill check it out the next time I get a tire.

Archived