IGNORED

Battery replacment 1150 GSA

ChuckS

I am the proud new owner of a 2003 1150 GS Adventure. The problem seems that most every day when I go out to ride the dang thing won't quite start.. I have tried a tender, and that helps some. The nice fellow I got it from claims the batters is fairly new, but we have had such a cold (for us) snap and the bike did sit for quite awhile between he deciding to sell and my picking it up in the snowy land call Spokane. I did have it into the shop for maintenance and believe all is ok. I think I will put in a new battery and see if that cures the issue.

Question, how do I get to the battery? OK, never mind this.. I just looked in the book... duh.. What type of batter do you think is the best for the bike? Interstate has one that is a conventional, (unsealed) battery for under $100. But thinking that this bike might should have a sealed??

Any advise is welcomed.

Thanks,

Chuck

.. I have tried a tender, and that helps some. The nice fellow I got it from claims the batters is fairly new, but we have had such a cold (for us) snap and the bike did sit for quite awhile between he deciding to sell and my picking it up in the snowy land call Spokane. I did have it into the shop for maintenance and believe all is ok. I think I will put in a new battery and see if that cures the issue.

Any advise is welcomed.

Thanks,

Chuck

Hi Chuck,

Why not pop the battery out. Fully charge it, then take it along to your battery depot. Ask them to do a capacity test on it. That will tell you straight away if you need to replace the battery.

Chances are you will, but it is worth the effort I think.

Andy

Archived