IGNORED

Adjusting Linkage to Master Cylinder

Rob F.

I am going to put on some lowering pegs and in order to get the right adjustment out of my brake pedal, it looks like I have to adjust the linkage to my master cylinder so my rear brake doesn't rub. Is this easy or best left up to my dealer? Thanks.

Rob, it’s more complicated that it first sounds as you have to set the brake pedal stop then set the pushrod & blow-by hole slack.. You really can’t move it a lot & stick with the service manual settings so to follow the manual you will end up about where it is now.. Does the info that comes with your lowered foot pegs specify a new brake pedal or offer a pedal modification idea?

Twisty

The pegs are from Suburban Machinery and they suggest the linkage adjustment. Maybe I'll put the pegs on and see if it's really needed. They offer a new shifter but no new brake pedal or modification. Thanks for the info.

The pegs are from Suburban Machinery and they suggest the linkage adjustment. Maybe I'll put the pegs on and see if it's really needed. They offer a new shifter but no new brake pedal or modification. Thanks for the info.

I have the suburban's and didn't adjust my linkage. It was different at first, I haven't thought about it since about a week after I put on the pegs.

Here is a pic...

460335475_JVB7C-L.jpg

Rob, I presume you could tweak the pedal stop bolt,, that would then require a re-adjustment of the link & setting the blow by hole clearance.. I’m sure it has been done but that would leave the stop bolt head contacting the pedal stop & switch at a funny angle.. Probably not the best approach but like I said I’m sure it has been done before..

Twisty

Archived