Jacket recommendation

Gkgeiger

I'm looking for a 3/4 length lacket that I can wear from a cool morning to a hot afternoon. The best one I ever had was a Tourmaster Cortech Lite that I had about seven years ago. It was waterproof, light weight, and had a zip out thermal lining. I've since had several similar style jackets, most recently the Olympia AST which I can't wear above 75*. It has a lot of zippers but is still too hot. What do you use. By the way, I do have a vented jacket for those extremely hot days. My greatest concern is when traveling, where storage is a concern.

Jamie just picked up a Scorpion XDR Shock. There are three styles in the XDR line.

These jackets are unbelievably nice. I may look at a new one once the new K13 appears in the garage.

Here's the Scorpion site to look them over. I would give these jackets serious consideration for what you speak of.

The attention to detail is amazing on these jackets. Right down to color coded zippers and snaps for the liners. Genius!

LINKY

2 thumbs up

Silver Surfer/AKAButters

Lots of folks raving about the Olympia AST. I have the Olympia Airglide and could not be happier. Excellent build quality, great price. With the liner, the jacket is useable form 110 down to the 30's.

+1 on Olympia Airglide Mesh Tech :thumbsup:

I notice at BMWST gatherings how many of us have one - even for colder temps. The zip-in nylon liner is a jacket that can be worn by itself off the bike or under the outer jacket not zipped in. A well made and and versatile garment!

Jeff

Motoport Ultra 2 Air Mesh is comfy for me from about 55-60 w/o a liner. A North Face jacket made with Gore Windstopper fabric, probably gets me into the 40s, but normally I just switch to the AST when it gets cooler.

I do know a guy that has a Airglide Mesh Tech and he really likes it.

Also, the Motoport shirt is great when it's really hot & humid (90F+/90%).

Hi,

Couple suggestions.

Olympia Bushwacker.

Tourmaster Transition2.

JR356

I had a transition and a t-2. Didn't like the fit. Sleeves too tight.

I picked up a TM Transition II in November, and absolutely love it. This is my second Tourmaster in 10 years; the basic design has evolved incrementally over that time. These jackets seem to be designed by riders for riders. Sizing tends to run slightly large; I wear a 40S suit, and the Small Tourmaster jacket is a little long in the arms. It's very warm with the liner in; too soon to tell how well the vent system is going to work in southeastern US heat.

+3 for the Olympia Airglide. Been wearing mine for 3 years. On really hot days I'll use an evaporative vest ... really cold days it's foundation+Gerbings+Airglide. Expansion tabs on the jacket, and a bit of elastic in the pants allow more layers (fleece) if needed.

In the spring through summer, I use an inexpensive bib stlye raingear over the Airglide.

I manage to ride from the low 30's to the high 90's without great discomfort. I have ridden into the low 20's for shorter periods.

I swear by the Aerostitch Darien jacjet. It is the most waterproof piece of grar I have ever owned. I wear a Gerbings liner under it ans it is good from the 20's-60's. Without the liner and the vents open it will keep you cool only while moving over 90 degrees.

I use my Motoport Ultra II almost year-round. I only feel the need for a mesh jacket above 103-ish degrees. If you get the liners, try the non-insulated Goretex because my insulated liners are too hot for anything > 65 degrees.

Hi,

Couple suggestions.

Olympia Bushwacker.

Tourmaster Transition2.

JR356

I had a transition and a t-2. Didn't like the fit. Sleeves too tight.

Yup,not for those with beefy arms.

JR356

Archived