IGNORED

J&M intcom, CB, music installed.........

motorman587

Started this 9AM around 9A and just finished, 230P. Bought the unit from Sierra Electronics. Antenna bought from cycle gadget, firestick and a shelf from BMR products. Had to order another mount for CB antenna waiting for that and still waiting for shelf. Otherwise it is ready. Easy install, easy direction and I very please with the out come. Did notice a little whine noice, but nothing to complain about. Do like the hot mic, in fact like it better than what is on the LT.

4219.jpg.43e6a5ff6275c8492d55e5e28ef0ea9b.jpg

I got the mount from Cycle Gadget. http://www.cyclegadgets.com/Products/product.asp?Item=FIRESTIK

And made the backet myself, which scary itself. Mounted it under the rear rack. There is a little pastic area that I drilled two holes. You have to remove the rear rack by removing 6 bolts. You have to remove the rear tail light, two bolts to get to two bolts for the rack. The backet is straight shot to clear the trunk. The metal I got from ACE hardward store. About 1/4 thick and bout 3 feet long. I should got aluminum, a little easier to work with. I thought that metal would be more steardy. Have not got the mount yet so do not know if all this is going to work. Will post once all is done.

Hey John,

Looks good. All of the guys around Enterprise that I ride with use the J&M and love it. They have mastered the install process and I think even have been able to eliminate the whining. Very clean and great range. Truckers are very helpful on the open road. I will install mine this summer when I return home for good.

When you get a chance can you ask how the stopped the whining?? Like I said it is not that bad, just could be better.

thanks

Here is the BMR shelf installed. Got in today and put it on after work. Had little time with washes and bolt caps, otherwise easy. Like the four point contact points. Very solid.

4222.jpg.5275d6e0d37a77a8e5e0faa8853e5923.jpg

Nice pics John, thanks for posting them and sharing the details. How is your GPS mounted to the BMR shelf? Is it a BMR mount or do you have some RAM stuff behind it. I have the BMR shelf and their bracket with the GPS in the center, always interested in what others have done.

Here is another up date. I got my CB antenna mount and mounted it. Also take to a metal guy and he will make a nice power coated backet for the antenna.

4225.jpg.5cd58086c77af9752a1130b33c2c67a1.jpg

Nice pics John, thanks for posting them and sharing the details. How is your GPS mounted to the BMR shelf? Is it a BMR mount or do you have some RAM stuff behind it. I have the BMR shelf and their bracket with the GPS in the center, always interested in what others have done.

I use the ram mount system. Round base with the ball. Cycle gadget cheapest. $8 and fast on deliever. I use two one on each of the V shape in the middle. Will use one side for the GPS and the other for cell phone. Starting to look like a fighter cockpit. :thumbsup:

4226.jpg.b85c7f33e4a014a75f8cd3fc6b512f85.jpg

Last put not least, was the PTT button. Did not like the velco around the handgrip. Found a old BMW cop bike PTT button we do not use. With a little velco, glue and zip tie and looks like this. I like the postion hope it last.

4227.jpg.e5473f9054e2f9904a3725bae8a8d653.jpg

Up date. Dropped off my prototype bracket. It will be thicker and will be power coated black. Will post with pictures once one the bike.

Your J&M installation looks very close to the OEM J&M/BMW installation on my R12RT. The OEM install just a little to the left of yours I think. I don't have a photo but can take one and post if anyone is interested.

I installed a J&M radio like yours on my VTX1300 with a FireStick antenna; worked very well. My antenna installation was similar to yours.

How much was the OEM/BMW installed?? Just for fun.

My backet I heard today will be powercoated next week so, will get it some time late next week I hope.

Hey Motorman,

I replied to your J@M question on another thread, disregard that. This is the system i want for my RT and it looks great on yours. All my buds ride (mostly hondas) with cb's and i like that it integrates into the Zumo. Do you play any mp3's through your helmet? How does that sound?

IPOD but that should be the same as the mp3. The sound is awesome and better than the sound system that came with my LT. It does not have the whine cause I ran it off the internal battery of the IPOD. I will get the whine fixed.

Archived