IGNORED

Reset Service message?

timboaz

I just finished my first 6M mile service on my 2008 R1200RT, and actually it wasn't any harder than my 1996 or 2004. Comes apart and goes together more easily. Finding TDC was a challenge at first, but pictures from this web site were very helpful. THANKS TO ALL. TBS was fast and easy since it was dead nuts on the Twinmax. I have new horns installed and CB installation almost complete(J&M 2003).

Now comes the request for help. How do I reset the service notice on the screen so it starts counting all over again?

I just finished my first 6M mile service on my 2008 R1200RT, and actually it wasn't any harder than my 1996 or 2004. Comes apart and goes together more easily. Finding TDC was a challenge at first, but pictures from this web site were very helpful. THANKS TO ALL. TBS was fast and easy since it was dead nuts on the Twinmax. I have new horns installed and CB installation almost complete(J&M 2003).

Now comes the request for help. How do I reset the service notice on the screen so it starts counting all over again?

Try:

Turn ingition on, let check complete, hold right indicator switch, press horn three times, jump up and down.

It will be something like that.

Ian

There is currently no DIY way to reset the service indicator. The people who make the GS-911 are supposedly working on it but until then only the dealer can do it.

Archived