IGNORED

12 RT Bar Backs.......

Redbrick

I want to get the bars back and up a little and am concerned about the clutch cable not having enough slack when at right side lock when the Suburban Machine units are installed...Would appreciate info from anyone with these mounted....Does the cable have to be re-routed or is there some slack that can be used somewhere on the lenght of the cable?.....Or maybe they just work and I shouldn't worry about the taut cable.....

Thanks........

Nice n Easy Rider

I think I remember a couple of earlier posts that said that with the Suburban Machinery risers the cables are tight but that they do work without rerouting. Someone with a better memory than mine can probably confirm.

I want to get the bars back and up a little and am concerned about the clutch cable not having enough slack when at right side lock when the Suburban Machine units are installed...Would appreciate info from anyone with these mounted....Does the cable have to be re-routed or is there some slack that can be used somewhere on the lenght of the cable?.....Or maybe they just work and I shouldn't worry about the taut cable.....

Thanks........

Redbrick, if this is on your 1200RT that bike doesn’t’ have a clutch cable as you have a hydraulic clutch on that bike..

Usually on the hydraulic clutches you can get enough hose slack to use bar backs (you might have to re-route slightly & cut a tie strap or two)..

Twisty

I had the Suburban bar backs on my RT. There was just enough slack. I ended up with moto techniques barbacks instead though. They work too. The suburban are more up than back, the moto techniques are about the same back and up.

You should have looked at mine last weekend! I've posted these pics to other threads, but same risers, no cable issues. If you want a closer look, you know where to find me... :wave:

Jeff

305910999.jpg

305911001.jpg

The Suburban bar backs just go up. The MT bar backs go up and back, and to so without cable rerouting or lengthening. I have the MT backs: a terrific improvement to the bike, as is the Suburban peg lowering kit. The two turn the bike into a 1,000 mile day machine without compromising sport side of sport touring (though I still have to do something about the damn seat)

Here are pics of my moto techniques bar backs. I managed to work in a craftsman tool chest in the background to make the comparison with the suburban pics fair.

The tightest thing is the cable bunch on the left side, followed by the clutch hose on the left side. Both are snug.

I threw in pics of the Suburban peg lowering kit, front and back. As has been previously mentioned, they add a lot of comfort. Like all things your mileage may vary. High res pics are at my smugmug site.

460335125_2akxS-L.jpg

460334960_fghAs-L.jpg

460335020_5QJTk-L.jpg

460335070_nZQTo-L.jpg

460334893_b8s4q-L.jpg

460334828_xiBKL-L.jpg

460334685_BFz9V-L.jpg

460334719_CG323-L.jpg

460334766_U56GG-L.jpg

460334667_PDDRY-L.jpg

460335417_Yevgd-L.jpg

460335475_JVB7C-L.jpg

460335475_JVB7C-L.jpg

460335365_NPitu-L.jpg

460335190_U8CuJ-L.jpg

Hey, is that a Mount Rushmore parking permit on the handlebars. I have the same one on my 1200RT. Nice!

Ended up there in September, on a roundabout trip to Denver. They put it on and I thought, hmmm, that's a cool memento of the trip. It is approximately as far east as the bike has been, although I did go out to Badlands National Park while I was there. Really great trip.

I managed to work in a craftsman tool chest in the background to make the comparison with the suburban pics fair.
Hey, same toolchest! :rofl:

Jeff

Hey, is that a Mount Rushmore parking permit on the handlebars. I have the same one on my 1200RT. Nice!

Ended up there in September, on a roundabout trip to Denver. They put it on and I thought, hmmm, that's a cool memento of the trip. It is approximately as far east as the bike has been, although I did go out to Badlands National Park while I was there. Really great trip.

I was there in July. Mt Rushmore was my ending point for my IBA 1500+ miles in 24 hours. I am keeping the parking permit on until it falls off. Then, I'll have to go back for it to hang in the garage.

I managed to work in a craftsman tool chest in the background to make the comparison with the suburban pics fair.
Hey, same toolchest! :rofl:

Jeff

Thanks Jeff! :rofl: :rofl:

Archived