IGNORED

The '09 World Superbike season gets underway this weekend

JerryMather

Jerry, do you know if Speed is going to carry WSBK, MGP and whatever they're calling AMA? Nothing on their website regarding schedule.

I believe they have multi- year contracts with all of them that run through '09.

They're shown on the SpeedTV website under Moto Racing. The broadcast times will be shown on their site a week or two before each race.

I've given up on SpeedTV. About 70% of their broadcasting seems to be NASCAR dribble. Two-Wheel Tuesday was interesting and entertaining till a couple years ago. Now they have an hour or two of young hooligans doing wheelies on public roads.

Dave in Doodah

Okay, duh, I am not so surprised now that I did some looking... this looks like serious road course racing - not for an oval with an infield.... :S

russell_bynum

Looks like Shakey Byrne has got Biaggi's old bike figured out pretty well.

And Spies is right on his tail. :grin:

BMW is back in 12th (Corser) and 25th (Xaus), which isn't bad considering it's a brand new bike and the last time BMW went superbike racing the bikes had wooden wheels.

Aprilia is in 17th (Nakano) and 18th (Biaggi).

Story on Soup

Wow! This season of WSBK should be pretty exciting; look at the times for this top ten at the practice session in Portugal! So close! And, as Superbikeplanet.com says, we have our reigning AMA champ and our reigning BSB champ on the grid together, so it should be pretty entertaining!

1. Byrne S. (GBR) Ducati 1098R 1'43.294;

2. Spies B. (USA) Yamaha YZF R1 1'43.484;

3. Haga N. (JPN) Ducati 1098R 1'43.487;

4. Sykes T. (GBR) Yamaha YZF R1 1'43.546;

5. Checa C. (ESP) Honda CBR1000RR 1'43.657;

6. Neukirchner M. (GER) Suzuki GSX-R 1000 K9 1'43.674;

7. Smrz J. (CZE) Ducati 1098R 1'43.767;

8. Fabrizio M. (ITA) Ducati 1098R 1'43.951;

9. Rea J. (GBR) Honda CBR1000RR 1'44.115;

10. Haslam L. (GBR) Honda CBR1000RR 1'44.170;

Archived