IGNORED

Come Ridin

OoPEZoO

Man, I'm so sorry! How frustrating for you guys!

Thats a word for it

eh.....its not like we don't know how to be broke. I've had plenty of practice over the past few years. Now we just have to do it 7 months longer than we originaly planned. Such is life......that just means more miles on the RT

Sorry to hear the news. However, if thats the worse thing

that happens to you two. You did good. See you two soon. :thumbsup:

So, we are all going to meet Danielle, some of us were beginning to think she was an imaginary friend that you used as an excuse for various situations. :grin: Sorry about having to redo a semester.

OverMyHead

...and reservations made. I'll be coming in Thursday afternoon/evening.

Despite the unfortunate circumstances, I'll be thrilled to meet Danielle. Anyone who can put up with that rubber chicken has got to be worth meeting. :grin:

David

Hello Kitty

Shoot, they have a 'one pet per room' policy. I'll see if there's another motel nearby that I can bring both mutts. If not, I'll just have to miss out. I can't make them all as much as I'd like to.

Sorry to hear about the unexpected extra semester, but like someone else said, boy could it ever be worse...

Thats the thing about "policies", I'm not much of a fan....

nobody in this crowd will tell on you if you sneak in a 2nd pooch.

Matts_12GS

Well, my work trip got changed and they won't let me ride up to Boston anyways.

I guess I'll just have to ride up Thursday after all. PP anyone?

I agree with Keith. It's only one or two nights. Sneaking could happen, I'm thinkin.

If you really want to skip staying at CVR, well - there aren't too many hotels in the area much less that I would recommend - but perhaps one or two. There are B&Bs scattered all around. PM me if you need help.

vacation form approved. I will drive (trailer the bike) from Atlanta to Bristol, TN on Thursday June 25. Should be in Bristol around midnight. Get up on Friday ride to rally site. will have to leave early Sunday morning head back to Bristol, TN and load bikes up and drive back to Atlanta.

Awesome........that ride from Bristol to northern WV should be great day of riding.

If you are looking for a good route, check out "the blue grass trail". It is a group of nice roads you can pick up a little north of Bristol that parallels 81 all the way to Winchester. It is a beautiful ride. Just watch your speed when you get around any sort of civilization.......20 over is reckless driving in VA, and they like to drop the limit from 55 to 35 with no reason and very little warning.

Since this is now only 5 weeks away, here are some points of interest you may want to check out.

A thought for a ride this is only about 98 miles one way FLT98 Memorial

43 miles one way Swallow Falls

80 miles one way Cass Scenic Railroad

67 miles one way Potomac Eagle Scenic Railway

About 50 miles one way Winery

About 37 miles one way Caverns (not Luray)

About 35 miles one way Smoke Hole Caverns

About 65 miles one way Green Bank Radio Telescope

115 Miles one way 3 Water Falls

180 miles one way Coal Mine Tour

150 miles one way Another Coal Mine Tour

116 miles one way Luray Caverns

For You Slapshot Fans Only 125 Miles away

Home Of the Chiefs

Morleys Dog

Johnstown Flood Museum

A few Civil War sites

About 60 miles one way Camp Alleghenny

About 60 miles one way Camp Bartow

About 60 miles one way Chet Mountain Fort

About 45 miles one way Laurel Hill Battlefield

About 40 miles one way Rich Mountain Battlefield

About 144 Miles one way Antietam National Batlafield

Matts_12GS
How much are they payin' ya, John? :grin:

Nothin', he's one of the organizers.

You should try it sometime! :P

If you plan on visiting the Green Bank Radio telescope I highly recommend downloading their brochure for the restrictions such as this one.

Simple film cameras are welcome all over the NRAO site, but digital cameras, or 35mm cameras

with advanced electronics, cannot be used near the telescopes. Digital cameras and other

electronics create radio pollution which can ruin astronomers' data. We thank you for your

understanding and for helping us provide quiet skies at Green Bank.

Hello Kitty

I know all about sneaking, but don't feel comfortable at this point, with this responsibility because it's be ugly if we were caught and asked to leave...

However, I might still stay somewhere 'nearby' and pop in to the hotel at some point. Matt, I'll PM with cell phone info and we can try to stay in touch...

IMPORTANT MESSAGE for all who want to attend!

ROOM BLOCK END DATE UPCOMING!!!

As previously stated, according to our contract I must release the unused portion of our room block by May 25th (one month prior to the event). That's Monday, folks.

What this means is, when I give the unused portion of our block back to them they may lease them out to other people. So, if you don't reserve a room prior to next Monday (5/25), you run the risk of not having a room available for you!

However, as long as rooms are available they will give them to our poeple at BMWST rates up to the date of arrival.

This is what's remaining of our BMWST block:

June 25 – 7 rooms

June 26 – 11 rooms

June 27 – 11 rooms

June 28 – 1 room

Please reserve before Monday to ensure you have a room!

• 2 weeks later...
Matts_12GS

It's official...

Work has shifted some dates on me so I am out officially.

I hope you have a great weekend up there, I'll be stuck in my office looking for posts during the event.

Be safe up there you guys!

It's official...

Work has shifted some dates on me so I am out officially.

I hope you have a great weekend up there, I'll be stuck in my office looking for posts during the event.

Be safe up there you guys!

Matt, Sorry to hear that as I know you were looking forward to it. :(

Sadly, I'm writing to notify I'm out as well (nothing to do with Matt's work ;) )

Hope everybody has fun and stays safe. I'll be shooting for the Fall BRR so I can see you all :wave:

I got your message, Matt, but cell phone coverage in Canaan this wasn't very good (imagine that?).

But both of you? Double-Bummer! Well, if things should work out otherwise than you think right now, I hope you guys can change you plans back to attending. I doubt the Resort will fill up. 250 rooms is a lot of rooms.

Several of us were just there this past weekend scouting routes. We found some more good roads that we previously weren't familiar with as well as quite a few that won't end up be in the ride routes ... because after a few miles they turned into gravel (or worse). Many won't even be suggested as GS routes. At a minimum we know where to tell you not to go. :grin:

But worry not, there are lot's of beautiful roads in that region of WV. Technical and/or scenic. Over the next several weeks we'll be putting some suggested routes together and will make them available before the event.

But worry not, there are lot's of beautiful roads in that region of WV. Technical and/or scenic. Over the next several weeks we'll be putting some suggested routes together and will make them available before the event.

SEVERAL WEEKS, Craig, it's only 24 days away!!!! Can't wait!!!!

But both of you? Double-Bummer! Well, if things should work out otherwise than you think right now, I hope you guys can change you plans back to attending. I doubt the Resort will fill up. 250 rooms is a lot of rooms.

Sorry Craig ... Due to the dogs, the I.R.S., and an ill-advised new hobby (triathalon) ... things are tighter than normal and the finances just aren't there. :(

I will hope to see you in the Fall though.

Hope everybody has fun!

and an ill-advised new hobby (triathalon)

Yeah.....I don't know about those. I heard they can be hazardess to your health. :grin:

and an ill-advised new hobby (triathalon) ...

Shannon you had a theme going there Marathons, Mountain Climbing, Motorcycles why mess with it and add Triathalon?

SEVERAL WEEKS, Craig, it's only 24 days away!!!! Can't wait!!!!

OK, OK. Let me change it to, "...over the next couple weeks..." Is that better? ;)

TO ALL WHO HAVE NOT YET RESERVED A ROOM ... ROOMS ARE STILL AVAILABLE ... (for now)!

Though the remainder of the block of rooms has gone back to the Hotel (per contract), there are still plenty of rooms left and the Hotel will honor our BMWST group rate as long as they have rooms available.

Five of us just spent some time in the area scouting and at the resort. The roads were fun, the beer was delicious, and the food was very good (breakfast in particular). The views were however were SPECTACULAR!

So make plans to join us on June 26-28, or sooner as several of us are showing up on Thursday June 25th.

and an ill-advised new hobby (triathalon) ...

Shannon you had a theme going there Marathons, Mountain Climbing, Motorcycles why mess with it and add Triathalon?

Well, if you put Triathalon first ... you end up with Tri(ple) M's...

So ... I'm not really messing with it! :grin:

...hazardess...

Hmmm, a new nickname for Shannon, perhaps? :grin:

Duchess of Hazardess

...hazardess...

Hmmm, a new nickname for Shannon, perhaps? :grin:

Duchess of Hazardess

I've been called far worse! ;)

Lone_RT_rider
All you need to do now is paint that 1100S...

general_lee.jpg

Hmmmmmmm..... do I detect another BMWST.com Photoshop challenge about to occur?

OverMyHead
:rofl: Danny still hasn't forgiven me. I'm not sure I can have enemies to the south and the north. Besides Shannon is a prosecutor and I like visiting Tennessee. :grin:
Yeah, yeah... The pink RT of Danny's was mighty funny though.

Depends on who ya ask. DirtDOG.gif

Tell ya what, David. I'll meet you on The Parkway at Hwy 19. First one to 23/74 pays the ticket. And lunch at the Pisgah Inn.

Pick the weekend. :Cool:

OverMyHead

No bet. I've seen you ride and I'd loose money. I already owe you drinks and lunch for helpin' a newbie learn a little.

But just in case anyone missed the pic... :grin:

danny.jpg

OverMyHead

Hmmm...not a photoshop, but with some imagination you could see Shannon carving corners with this.

GeneralLeeScooter_resized.jpg

...and now I might have warrants in Tennessee. :dopeslap:

Hmmm...not a photoshop, but with some imagination you could see Shannon carving corners with this.

:rofl:

Matts_12GS

Can't you see her riding that to court in that robin's egg blue jacket of hers?

:wave:

I have been mostly a lurker on this board but would like to try an outing. I have a small dog too and so I called the hotel and they are telling me that it's a zero pet policy! I have a cage on the back of the bike but would like to leave him in the hotel during the day. I may send him to his favorite humans to puppysit for the weekend :grin:

Okay, apparently I'm a dork or something. I am sure she told me no pets last night but when I called again this morning... the story matched what you guys said. :dopeslap:

Oh well, Ms. Kitty told me I was crazy, I guess she was right. :grin:

If it was anything like our stay there a few weeks ago......you will get a different answer each and every time you talk to someone at the front desk. Its kind of frustrating. Jim and Craig almost had to spoon for the weekend due to them not allowing us to add a cot to our room (fire code violation) after specificly asking them about it when Craig made the reservation. Craig ended up saving the day err....night with aranging a 2nd adjoining room.

Its kind of frustrating. Jim and Craig almost had to spoon for the weekend due to them not allowing us to add a cot to our room (fire code violation)

...annnnddd there's an image. :rofl:

What happens in Canaan Valley stays in Canaan Valley.

David

BMWGirl,

Either way you decide to take care of you pooch, we'd love to see you there.

Part of the problem the hotel has with reservations is they outsource much of their reservation system. If you get the front desk, you're guaranteed good info. If you get their reservation service, not so much.

So, when you make a reservation I suggest requesting the front desk as opposed to "Reservations". You may have to call back a couple times.

Either way both the Front Desk and the Reservation service know about the BMWST group rate. Don't forget to reserve under our name.

Archived