IGNORED

Come Ridin

OoPEZoO

A little reminder for everyone interested ...

While late June seems a very long way off, there is a bit less time for you to make a room reservation. The way our block of rooms works is ...

Rooms at our group rate must be reserved 30 days prior to the event. If not, the hotel has the right to take reservations against our block of rooms that we don't book. That doesn't mean automatically loose those not yet reserved rooms - only if they "need" them.

How likely that is, I cannot say for certain. This is our inagural event there. But having been there a couple times now while scouting, my gut feeling says its not tremendously likely to happen as there are about 250 hotel rooms.

However, why risk waiting? They've given us a very liberal cancellation policy (see orginial post) so ...

Make your reservations as early as you can! Can't wait to see everyone.

Looking good so far, I just read through the thread and we will have between 18 and 25 so far. Looking forward to seeing some of you again and meeting some for the first time.

Paul Mihalka

I'm sorry I won't make it, but I'm not sorry for the reason. We are fulfilling a long time dream and taking a Alaska cruise, and are coming back on that weekend.

And I know some people here are bringing some other friends (non-board members ... at present). If I had to guess, I'd say were easily going to have well over thrity folks there.

That is if everyone doesn't start going on cruises! (Just kidding, Paul. Have a great time!)

OK, ok.... I can't take the pressure.... reservations made and calendar blocked.

Is it time to go? Are we there yet?

Craig - you did promise to leave my lunch alone this time, didn't you?

Jim

gotta watch those short bald guys.........they are sneaky :grin:

tick tick tick......see ya in a few weeks Craig.

Hello Kitty

Thanks for the PM letting me know about this. Now everyone knows how long it's been since I signed onto this board...

I do have a 'little' ride in late August and early September so time and funds are quite tight, but... This might be a must for me. It's too close to miss if I can help it!

And it would be very nice to see my 100 CCC photographer(s)!

Hello, Hello Kitty.

Good to hear from you.

I'm probably out as I'm most likely attending a 2 week workshop on

Forces and Motion that I need for teaching Physical Science at that time.

Have fun,.

It was a pleasure meeting you on your ride.

What's up this time?

A 4 corners...

Yeah Kitty. Would love to meet you ... especially a local girl who's been away from the board a while!

Tim the tallman ... too bad. We'd have liked to have you there. Perhaps it'll still work out.

Jim, Yes I did promise to leave your samdwich alone. But I made no promises in regards to your dinner or dessert!

OoPEZoO ... I don't think 5'10"is short - you may - but I don't! As for the bald ... well I'm guilty as charged.

Hello Kitty

Heya Tim! I loved Physical Science, but Earth Science was my true favorite! Sorry you won't be able to make it. You should go for the RA rally if you can or some other time, it's a really lovely area.

Craig, 5'10" is DEFINITELY NOT short! Yeesh, you'll know short when you see me!

I will probably ride out on Saturday and hang out a bit. I really can't take any time off work but might come out Saturday and stay the night. For a ride like that, I might just ride the Yamaha, very fun little bike!

Late August... IBR, I think I've really lost my mind this time.

Craig, 5'10" is DEFINITELY NOT short! Yeesh, you'll know short when you see me!

Ain't that the truth! Looking forward to seeing you again Miss Kitty!

Hi,

New to the thread, and the group. Right now I don't know if I will make it - I'll try to schedule a trip to my wife's parents'place in Elkins for that weekend and join up with the group, but do not know if it will be possible. But in any case I have a suggestion.

Smoke Hole Road - close to Canaan Valley. Running south from rt 28/55 just east of Cabins to rt 220 near Upper Tract. I spent several days touring the area last summer and fall, and some locals I met at Seneca Rocks told me about this road. It is spectacular. From 28/55 until you bottom out along the Upper Branch of the Potomac it is wonderfully twisty and hilly, a bare two lanes, well-paved, virtually no traffic. Not a speed run - too many corners you cannot begin to see around - but a fun challenge. When you get to the bottom next to the river you may want to turn around and go back up.

Good luck to all.

Stepho, Welcome. Thatnks for the info. I thought it was parially gravel, too. I hope it all works out for you joining us. You already know the area is great riding. What you don't know is that it'll be a great group of people showing up. You'll have fun.

STEPHO -

What part of Ohio are you from? There is at least 1 person planning to go to the event from the Columbus area and I'm trying to talk another person or two into it as well. Welcome to ride down with us.

Jim

Jim-

Cleveland area, Shaker Heights.

If I make it I'll probably take 250 out of New Philly through Wheeling - makes it fun getting there.

So there would be another 08 Silver 1200RT?

All right kids ... I'm still a definite maybe, but I've reserved a room for Friday through Sunday (checking out Monday).

So ... who's going to ride out there with me or meet me along the way so I don't get lost or bored??

So ... who's going to ride out there with me or meet me along the way so I don't get lost or bored??

:-X

Let's talk routes, I'll meet you part way up.

:-X

Let's talk routes, I'll meet you part way up.

That's a deal ... Let me get through the 1/2 marathon next weekend and then I'll give you a call. :-)

Awesome planning guys!! I'm going to try to make this happen. I am on 5 day so work isn't a problem. Still semi-bikeless. The '74 is out of service right now. I would hope that we'll have it up and running by June! If anybody can't make it but wants their bike to go, let me know. Be glad to give her a good workout thru the mountains :)

STEPHO -

Yes, another Silver RT will be there. And there might be a couple more, knowing this crowd.

I'm 'kind of' heading your way on Sunday (if it all works out correctly) - I'm going to Lodi to get beef jerky. If I see another Silver RT, I'll wave.

If you're thinking about heading down, we might be able to meet up in the Wheeling area. Always looking for someone to ride with - safety in numbers, etc.

Jim

Hiya Matt!

There's a reason I'm not coming to the BRR this weekend.... I LIKE my reuben.... after I finally get it. :grin:

Unfortunately, spring is bicycle season so I'm skipping BRR this weekend but I'll see you in WV. Hopefully I'll bring a friend to help distract you from a beer or two....

Jim

Hiya Matt!

There's a reason I'm not coming to the BRR this weekend.... I LIKE my reuben.... after I finally get it. :grin:

Unfortunately, spring is bicycle season so I'm skipping BRR this weekend but I'll see you in WV. Hopefully I'll bring a friend to help distract you from a beer or two....

Jim

Hey Jim!

Beers come in 6 packs... Reubens are single items....

Missed you this weekend!

I hope you....

had lots of fun! I did like those reubens and I'm hoping to get another one this fall.

Always a chance in WV we'll find another good reuben place.

Jim

Very good point... I guess next time I should order 6 reubens?

Looking forward to seeing you either in WV or at the fall BRR.

Jim

Matts_12GS
Very good point... I guess next time I should order 6 reubens?

That'll keep us quiet, what're you gonna eat?

Another reminder for everyone interested in this event ... the reservation indow approaches!

Please make reservations by May 25th if you're thinking of attending.

The reason is that the hotel has the right to take back unbooked rooms from our block after May 25th, should they fill up all other rooms (not in our block). How likely that is, I can't say for certain. I've been a couple of time and they have a lot of rooms. But why risk waiting? The hotel has given us a very liberal cancellation policy (see orginial post)!

All that said, if we were to book more than our original block or should someone come in late, they'll give the BMWST group rate as long as they have rooms available.

Can't wait to see everyone.

A few of us are headed out to Canaan Valley the weekend of May 30/31 to do a bit more scouting to find more route possibilities, great vista, decent eateries in the area, etc.

If you're interested in helping us out, just want to tag along for the fun of it, want to hang out at a nice resort during the day and hang out with us in the evenings, or your not available for the late June event but are available to ride the last weekend in May, or whatever ... just PM me.

OverMyHead

Allrighty. Unless Danny has a copyright on "Probably In", I'm probably in. If I don't get a decent ride in this spring, I'll have to turn in my roundels.

At some point you've got do the livin' part of "workin' for a livin'"

David

Matts_12GS

Looks like my hope of a mini pied piper run have fallen aside for this trip. If things proceed the way they are going, I'll be in Boston the week of the get together and will ride out of there on Thursday evening and arrive sometime Friday.

Ah Yes, the best laided plans. It was a good thought.

Dont worry Matt I'll have a seat warmed up for you. ;)

Hello Kitty

And my plans are kind of messed up... I still want to go, but I HAVE TO watch a friend's dog during that time. She takes mine ALL THE TIME and only asks me once or twice a year... So I have TWO dogs. I might drive out with the mutts and take them for a hike and meet up to say hello. Any thoughts on when ya'll would be back to the hotel on Saturday? I looked at their website, but I don't see any info about whether or not they allow pets? If so, I might stay the night. They're both very well behaved - I swear!

All,

Canaan Valley Resort (CVR) doesn't have an outdoor Tiki Bar like Maggie Valley Inn (MVI). However, they do have a very nice, comfortable bar/lounge with a pretty spectacular view.

Being that it is a resort and we make up a small percentage of their rooms (and thus customer base), they do not allow people to carry open containers around the grounds. But I know they've had rallies there before, and people simply pour their drinks in paper, plastic, or styrofoam cups. So, if someone wants to hang outside to "drink" and converse, I recommend bringing some in your side bags/top case.

Kitty,

I just spoke to their reservation desk. They do have a few rooms that they keep for those with pets. However, the rates are very different, plus $40 for the first night, +$5 each night following. Seems a bit stiff to me but then they do keep the place nice.

And since there are only a few rooms so designated, they can go quickly. So, you might want to reserve a space now. Dont forget to tell them you're part of the BMW Sport Touring Group.

As for when people will get back from their rides on that Saturday, I don't think anyone could say this soon. I will recommend that you come early and just enjoy the resort or take the dogs to one of the state parks in the area. And if you're up for a little bit of hiking with the dogs, there are some spectacular sights and scenery not far away at all in Dolly Sods (click here).

So by all means, come enjoy the area first, and then meet up with us in the evening.

ugh......good news and bad news.

Good news: Danielle will most likely be able to come along for the weekend

Bad news: Its because she didn't get a good enough grade on her final today and will have to repeat her last semester of nursing school in the fall instead of graduating on Thursday :(

That also means giving up the job that she already accepted at the hospital and staying in her current position. Hasn't been a fun afternoon......

Archived