IGNORED

Come Ridin

OoPEZoO

That is a "working title", but here we go

A few months ago, we gauged interest in putting together an event as an attempt hang out, ride some twisty roads, and beat the heat in the summertime. So after months/weeks/days/hours of research, scouting trips, and phone calls............John (ltljohn), Craig (TyTass), and myself would like to invite you to join us this summer for a riding get together in the higher elevations of the mountains of northern West Virginia.

When: Friday, June 26th thru Sunday, June 28th 2009

Where: Canaan Valley Resort & Conference Center located near Davis, WV

For reservations call

800-622-4121 ("Press 1")

Hours: 8am-4pm EST

Group Rate: BMW Sport Touring

Room rates are as follows

Single: $87 ($81 + $6 resort fee)

Double: $91 ($85 + $6 resort fee)

(resort fee unwaiverable)

Also possibly available, but NOT at a discounted rate:

Exec King: $105

Eff Rm: $149.00

Cancellation Policy:

Deposit: One night's rate

Date: Individuals must cancel 72 hours to have deposit returned.

Keeping with the theme of most events posted here, this is being billed as an open ended event with very little structure. If it catches on and we end up doing it again, we might try to plan a group dinner/cookout.......BUT for our initial installment, we just want you to show up and have a good time.

Some pics of the facility

Lobby

350114313_F65zc-M.jpg

Restaurant

350114790_m5HzC-M.jpg

View from Restaurant or Lounge (shows pavilion, climbing wall, outdoor pool, and golf course

350115426_4k2R3-M.jpg

The Lounge

350115915_wTQzw-M.jpg

Snack bar

350116279_WykDY-M.jpg

Indoor pool and Jacuzzi

350117155_TgaAc-M.jpg

Stock room photo, but Craig and I have both stayed there and it is accurate

350463409_mhuyB-M.jpg

There are a lot of things to do in the area besides riding, so certainly feel free to bring the whole family.

I think that pretty much covers the basics. I am on vacation this week (toughing it out on the ski slopes of VT), and have somewhat limited internet access and attention span, but I will do my best to field questions or concerns until I get back to civilization. I'm sure my cohorts will also be chiming in with other tidbits of information. Hope to see everyone there.

Hmmm, with calendar issues still Unresolved for NH, and BRR III looking like a NoSox run (up for dinner), this may be a go.

Thanks.

Keith, looks like a beautiful spot! My Plans to finally make it to Glacier NP this July may get in the way of those dates but, i've had plans fall apart before. :dopeslap: Thanks for putting all the effort into this, it looks to be a great time.

Pat

Tee Hee.

Maybe this is whi I haven't felt like buying a lottery ticket lately :/

Beth has to be in Orlando that weekend.

I may not be needed (what's new :) ), so I'm sorta in.

Keith, looks like a beautiful spot! My Plans to finally make it to Glacier NP this July may get in the way of those dates but, i've had plans fall apart before. :dopeslap: Thanks for putting all the effort into this, it looks to be a great time.

Pat

Pat,

I'd hate to think that your plans to visit Glacier NP would fall thru. Well, actually ... hate is a bit strong. It's more like I would be bummed if your Glacier NP plans fell thru. Nah! How about ... dislike? Hmmm ... that doesn't really cover it either. Let's try this again.

We would love it if you could come to WV and ride!

Pat, you should come THROUGH WV on your way to Glacier and spend a night there.

You can buy me a beer then! :clap:

Did it warm up any yet? :wave:

Wow! you guys are making feel a bit special! Stop it! :grin:

Matt, what was the name of that beer again? It was very good. Yes, it warmed up enough to dump ten inches of snow yesterday. :mad:

Pat

Matt, what was the name of that beer again? It was very good.

It was called ... the "beer-paid-for-by-someone-else" beer! ;)

Matt, what was the name of that beer again? It was very good.

It was called ... the "beer-paid-for-by-someone-else" beer! ;)

AA41~Free-Beer-Tomorrow-Posters.jpg

I'm going to be such a social butterfly this year! The BRR in Maggie Valley, the MOA in Johnson City, and now this. All within 300 miles of my house. I may need to tear down a curtain to make myself a new ball gown. I'm in.

Good stuff you guys!!

I'll have to check my calender (there are jury trials already being set into the summer months and I think I've got at least one in June).

But, will take a look at making it.

How about you Christine?? Wanna go hit some more WV toll roads with me?? :grin:

Uh oh - if both Shannon AND Christine are coming, that's it. I HAVE to come!! Those two party gals will get in too much trouble and someone has to watch, take notes, and be ready with bail money. :grin:

Checking the calendar to be sure but probably IN.

Jim

I'm going to be such a social butterfly this year! The BRR in Maggie Valley, the MOA in Johnson City, and now this. All within 300 miles of my house. I may need to tear down a curtain to make myself a new ball gown. I'm in.

Ya know ... you've got us all expecting you to wear this ball gown! :rofl:

Ya know ... you've got us all expecting you to wear this ball gown! :rofl:

+1

Keith,

Thanks for the excuse to get back down into WV. I hope to make it.

If you're in Vt this week you've hit it right. Polar air is gone and there is plenty of snow on the mountains. Have fun.

I won't be able to take the weekend, but I'll try to ride up Saturday PM for dinner and take a loooong way home on Sunday.

This could work - any excuse to get out of the deep south in August and nicely spaced between the Un and Spring BRR and the Un. Count me in...

Keith,

Thanks for the excuse to get back down into WV. I hope to make it.

If you're in Vt this week you've hit it right. Polar air is gone and there is plenty of snow on the mountains. Have fun.

Thats right Tom......we did hit it right. If you are in Burlington, we are just up at Smugglers Notch. Early in the week was a little chilly, but yesterday and today were just perfect. Looks like the rest of the week will be just as good.

Cheers.....now back to the libations and watching the snow fall :grin:

Put me down as IN, and I'll just have to lean on the boss ...

------------------

Chris (aka Tender Vittles )

Little '77 KZ400 in the Big Apple

Black '99 RT for Everywhere Else, such as ...

310287-mar2004.gif

Great Ed. Bring anyone you like.

I invited a neighbor (who also not part of this board). He just recently sold his R1200C and bought an F800GS and is loving life on that nimble machine and can't wait to hit the good roads in WV.

Lone_RT_rider
How about you Christine?? Wanna go hit some more WV toll roads with me?? :grin:

I think you had better take Todd along....just in case. :)

That is a "working title", but here we go

A few months ago, we gauged interest in putting together an event as an attempt hang out, ride some twisty roads, and beat the heat in the summertime. So after months/weeks/days/hours of research, scouting trips, and phone calls............John (ltljohn), Craig (TyTass), and myself would like to invite you to join us this summer for a riding get together in the higher elevations of the mountains of northern West Virginia.

I chance to meet AND ride with "The Rubber Chicken Guy"... Count me in please. I will be attending.

Cool......looks like we might be having a nice turnout.

I just got back into town yesterday evening, but haven't been able to catch up with the thread till now. I had the pleasant experience of having my hot water heater fail while I was gone so I had some slightly more urgent issues to deal with........like a lightly flooded garage :dopeslap:

Oh well.....I'm back from vacation, the garage is dry, and the water is again hot.......so bring on spring

Well, I'm not going to hit the Spring BRR this year ... so, I'm looking at trying this as a warm-up for Torrey in the Fall :grin:

Will check schedules and try to make this work ... would be great to see all of you again!

:wave:

Well, negotiations are in full swing, and beings I'm gonna be missin out on the spring fling at the Maggie Valley Inn, I believe I'm gonna prolly make it back to WV after a 25 year hiatus (I hope they've purged the warrants)...so with that said, if ya'll can keep me outa Morgantown and Fairmont, I am in!!! Maybe!

...and no Matt, the sheep ain't skeered of me no mo

That's good to know your technique has improved Pete, I guess it's because you started wearing a kilt? Rumor has it a sheep can hear a zipper at 500 yards :rofl::wave:

I am in!!! Maybe!

We hope you can make it!

Thanks, I'm gonna do my darndest!

Aye, but we may be! :eek:

Nahh, no need to be....wait, are those banjo's I hear???

That's good to know your technique has improved Pete, I guess it's because you started wearing a kilt? Rumor has it a sheep can hear a zipper at 500 yards :rofl::wave:

Humm...been out playing mythbusters again have you?

I finally looked at my January OTL magazine and noticed that they are having their International Rally there 23-26 July? Looks like you might get some over lap.

Alan

We checked dozens of groups (motorcycle and car rally schedules) to see who might be anywhere in the area. As best we could tell there was nothing in WV/VA/MD within two weeks. The RA rally is a month later in July, so I doubt that would cause any overlap. But thanks for lookin' out for us!

• 1 month later...

Things are looking promising for this one guys!!

Wondering if there's anybody else heading from my neck of the woods who I can link up with for the ride out or back?

Archived