IGNORED

Antenna Mount for R1200RT?

decorbin

Has anyone found a good antenna mount for the RT yet? I designed my own for previous bikes (two RT's, K12RS, and three RR's) but don't really see anything that looks too promising at this point. Right now, I have my no ground plane required GMRS antenna attached to the topcase with dual lock. Works fine with that short antenna, but I would like to switch to an amateur antenna from time to time.

Has anyone seen a good mount yet? An R12RTP perhaps?

Thanks.

Right now, I have my no ground plane required GMRS antenna attached to the topcase with dual lock.

Can you tell me more (or shoot me a link) about the non-ground plane GMRS antenna your using? I'm using an Audiovox handheld GMRS and the range leaves a bit to be desired.

Top box is probably the easiest.. I've looked at the LT atenna mounts, but haven't gotten a hold of one to see how they could be mounted back by the rack.

Craig

I buy a lot of antennaes from www.antennex.com. If you have a good ground plane, the TRAB4503 is a slick antenna. If not, use the B4502N. You can buy the necessary coax and some mounts from them too. Depending on where you are, they may have a dealer in your area. I generally order direct and probably pay more than I would if I could find someone who carries their products.

Archived