IGNORED

Perplexed

SKYGZR

Good.

But I'd be careful about letting an oilhead sit and idle until the 5 bars showing.

As is often the case, the last thing we did is directly related to the next problem a bike has.

Best wishes.

I'm so glad you're getting somewhere with this problem.

So are you planning on leaving the original HES in there with the original wiring?

I'm so glad you're getting somewhere with this problem.

So are you planning on leaving the original HES in there with the original wiring?

Please NO!

Andy

For now, i'm gonna leave. Will eventually replace it, or at least carry a spare. But considering that a "new" one was actually causing this..perhaps will have to carry TWO :(

Great news, I have been watching this thread like a soap opera. I hope the fix holds. :thumbsup:

:lurk: I ran out of popcorn....Checked this thread everytime I got on lately....Congratulations...... :thumbsup:

Glad you got it fixed. I too have been watching this thread like a soap opera. Note that several guys picked this as the culprit.

I guess its human nature, but we tend to disregard a new part as possibly at fault and look elsewhere. Just look at all the possibilities that were suggested.

I've said it before .. Just because something is new, doesn't mean it is good.

What are your plans for the “new” one that gave you trouble?

I have a jig that test HES assemblies under actual use (spun trigger rotor at 2 – 2000 RPM) and I can observe their output under actual load with my dual-trace scope and compare to a trace from a known good unit. If you’d be willing to ship it to me, I will return it, I’d be very interested in putting this one on it to see if it has a malformed output waveform or something that would explain this all.

PM me if interested/willing.

I’d be very interested in putting this one on it to see if it has a malformed output waveform or something that would explain this all.

Curious minds want to know !!

Archived