IGNORED

PC Cookies Management Tools?

Ken H.

Used to use AdSubtract, but Trend Micro has killed it (and it was a bit of a performance hit anyway), and the old reliable Cookie Cop doesn’t work with IE 7. Any other good cookie management tools out there?

John Ranalletta
How does it work with Vista?
+1 with Vista Business. Been using for 2+ years w/ no problemo, plus, it will automatically check for updates. CCleaner has some other tools as well including a registry cleaner and uninstaller.

My cookie management policy is simple. White listing via Firefox. I deny ALL cookies, until I find a site which I want to use and which doesn't work without cookies. Then I manually add that one site to my white list. By doing it this way, third party cookies are never a problem.

This is probably too extreme for most people.

Hey Ken,

+1 for Ccleaner, and +1 for FireFox. I set Firefox to except cookies, but then to dump everything when I close FireFox. (Cookies, Browsing History, and even saved Passwords) Go to Tools/Options/Privacy to change the "Cookies" settings.

FYI Silver Surfer, I'm using Vista Ultimate, and the Ccleaner works fine.

I usually get my shareware from File Hippo.com

Linky

Good luck,

Andy Norris

Not to sound like a fool, but what's wrong with using "tools" in IE? I am a clean freak and empty mine every time I'm done on the computer. That way my wife starts with a clean slate. Am I missing something? It seems to work just fine. Kelly.

Not to sound like a fool, but what's wrong with using "tools" in IE? I am a clean freak and empty mine every time I'm done on the computer. That way my wife starts with a clean slate. Am I missing something? It seems to work just fine. Kelly.

That works of course, but there are a few (about 10) cookies I like to keep. Such as, oh, say; @bmwsporttouring[1].txt

It would be easy enough to write some batch process or something to copy/restore them, but I’m lazy.

Unfortunately IE doesn’t have the ability to white list.

I’ll check out CCleaner, thanks all!

+1 for crap cleaner!

Question for CCleaner users – Does it have the ability to keep track of certain cookie files, recent URLs, etc that you don’t want it to kill? I.e. - A white list funtion?

+1 for crap cleaner!

Question for CCleaner users – Does it have the ability to keep track of certain cookie files, recent URLs, etc that you don’t want it to kill? I.e. - A white list funtion?

CCleaner has a cookies whitefile and also has seperate include and exclude files to further customise its operations.

Andy

Archived