IGNORED

Quick disconnect fuel line

KCB

http://www.smallparts.com

No affiliation, just a source for stuff.

Part # QCB-05-01 which is 5/16" barb for 8mm fuel line. Solid brass with Buna-N

oring seals, nice quality.

One set each fuel line- for tank removal jobs. Two sets required per bike.

$28.00 total price shipped, that's two sets. Use the Sixty bucks saved on

a nice ride to lunch.

Happy New Year,

kc

• 2 months later...

Confused as I'm not sure what bikes either of you have. My bike has no quick disconnects so the brass seem appropriate?

Do they make them in different colors so I can remember which hoses hook up where? BTW, does it matter since it's a closed loop of flow/return? What about the vent hoses? Dang BMW for not having any good illustrations.

B

Confused as I'm not sure what bikes either of you have. My bike has no quick disconnects so the brass seem appropriate?

Do they make them in different colors so I can remember which hoses hook up where? BTW, does it matter since it's a closed loop of flow/return? What about the vent hoses? Dang BMW for not having any good illustrations.

B

Mulepick, the pressure & return line connection does make a difference as the pressure is unregulated with the return being post injector regulated.. Just swap the quick connect direction on one or the other then you can’t hook them up backwards.. That also allows the tank hoses to be clipped together so the ends don’t get dirt or crap in them when the tank is removed..

As far as the vent & water drain lines go just mark them before removal or disconnect them with the connector on the tank side on one hose & the connector on the bike side on the other.. It’s easy to trace out the water & vent lines into the tank as you can just blow air into them with your mouth & see where the air comes out..

Twisty

QUOTE: Do they make them in different colors so I can remember which hoses hook up where? ENDQUOTE

If you're adding quick disconnects to a bike that doesn't have them already, just put one in one direction (like with the male nipple on the tank hose and female on the bike hose), and the other in the other direction (female on tank hose, male on bike hose.)

That way there's no way to mix them up! (er, unless you manage to plug the two tank hoses to each other and the two bike ends to each other!) :}

There are some additional smaller diameter hoses as well. I wasn't sure if it made a difference if they hooked up the same or not, so to keep them straight, before I took them apart, I put a pair of "zip ties" snug-but-not-tight on one of the lines, one on each side of the pull apart connection. That way it was easy to see which two to join together when putting the tank back on later.

BTW, the reversed orientation of the quick disconnects is how the disconnects on my RTP were already setup, and when/if I add some to my 1100RT, I will check the RTP and use the same orientation as I find there.

Paul

I think only the female side of the brass fittings I ordered prevent drainage. I'll have to see when I get them.

B

Please post the answer when you find out if the drainage protection of the quick disconnects is only in one direction. But I didn't notice any leakage from either (setup in reversed directions) when I pulled the tank off my RT-P, and the tank was NOT empty at the time.

If you DO want to set both quick disconnects with the same orientation, just use the zip tie trick I mentioned in my earlier post. Doing so is more likely to last than marking with a Sharpie pen.

Paul

Will do. After spelunking around today (and squirting gas hither and yon) I've got the lines hooked up correctly and the bike starts. I put a blob of red liquid electric insulator to keep me straight. Until the gas makes it drop off.

Also, my tank was pretty full and only the return side of the tank gravity fed when loose.

B

• 2 weeks later...

The smallparts.com quick disconnects got here today and the male sides are simply tubes which won't restrict backflow.

B

The smallparts.com quick disconnects got here today and the male sides are simply tubes which won't restrict backflow.

B

Place the tank-side male in the flow line, the pump will stop fuel escaping. The valve in the female will stop fuel escaping from the return line.

Andy

Replaced my stock ones with Jiffy-Tite fittings. Outstanding quality/ease of use.

Didn't trust the same manufacturer who made the plastic ones.

• 6 months later...

Archived