MS Streets & Trips Questiond

Lockguy

I have the 2008 Edition of MS Streets and Trips. How do I successfully email a planned trip to a friend that also has the software and have him be able to open the file? I tried the drop down option of "send to" and "as attachment" but he says that he gets an error message and it will not open.

Thanks

Lockguy

I have the 2008 Edition of MS Streets and Trips. How do I successfully email a planned trip to a friend that also has the software and have him be able to open the file? I tried the drop down option of "send to" and "as attachment" but he says that he gets an error message and it will not open.

Thanks

Lockguy

Lockguy, try E-Mailing it to yourself.. If you can open it then your friend either has a problem with his M/S software,, or his anti virus or firewall is causing a problem,, or the E-Mail carriers are messing with it somehow..

Twisty

Thanks Twisty. I should have thought of that myself. I tried it and it worked so we will have to figure out what is going on at his end.

Thanks Again

Lockguy

Just to get a little more information,have your friend send you a trip he has planned. Find out if he is trying to open your trip by double clicking on it or going into S&T and opening the file you aend him. That will tell you more informaqtion.

instead of the street and trips menu, just go to the file (i forget the extension these file use) and zip the file. then send it to your friend. have him unzip it and save it to his hard drive. then have him open it. 99% of the time this works even with filter and virus protection.

S&T 2008 is not backward compatible.

Key point.....everything being equal -- your friend should be able to email you the *est file and everything should work just fine.

I am the friend LOCKGUY is sending to. To make it short, I have S&T 2006. So one reply mentioned that 2008 won't speak to older versions. Will just have to ride over to LG and look over the route, once the Snow, Rain and Wind stop.

Happy New Year to all, your all are my Good Riding Friends. Looking forward to a Very Good Riding Season in 2009

One of the options in Streets and Trips is to save as a web page or html file. You could try that and send it to him and he should be able to view it in his browser.

"...easy way to import Streets and Trips "

You can't import directly.

If you get the GPSUtility program (www.gpsu.co.uk) you will be set:

Plot all your waypoints in S&T. Close the file. Open the file using GPSU. Save to Mapsource file, or download directly into the Zumo by clicking on the 'download to GPS' icon.

The free version allows 10 waypoints, I think, and the full version is $40.00.

Archived