IGNORED

OK SHOW OFF YOUR XMAS LOOT!

azkaisr

443127621_tF3tK-L.jpg

Diane got me this totally killer blind to set up and take pictures of critters out in the wilds. It is most worthy. Notice the fierce House Cat Daniel entering to keep me company as we stake out the area.

443127016_kiWF6-L.jpg

Pretty soon the natives weren't even paying any attention to me.

I also got some other stuff like clothes and a wallet. This was by far the coolest!

443128425_748L5-L.jpg

What did you get?

Very cool! Does it come with an attachment for the bike so you can slide past all those AZ cops? :rofl:

I got a sublime recording of the Bach Christmas Oratorio and an HP Digital Photo Frame. It's running a "baby" slide show right now. It holds 1000 pics has a bunch of different configurations, plays mp3s has a clock and a calendar.

It's hard to tell in my photo of it but the light and clarity are really beautiful!

443337160_8ApLY-XL.jpg

I'm curious to hear!

Just thought I throw that in for fun. It belongs to a friend's wife. She got it about a week ago, and brought it over so I could take it for a spin.

Here is my real present:

coalchristmas.jpg

I'm curious to hear!

Just thought I throw that in for fun. It belongs to a friend's wife. She got it about a week ago, and brought it over so I could take it for a spin.

Here is my real present:

coalchristmas.jpg

That looks like gem quality there, that does....

Nice n Easy Rider

Christmas08.jpg

Now my wife can keep tabs on me as I try some long rides with my new (well at least hopefully improved) back. Happy and safe New Year to all.

I scored big this year. The wife came to visit and brings me my very own Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback 1. It has to be one the finest putters made; purchased for the worst putter around.

At least I'll look good when my ball goes around the hole.

We are off to the Woodlands to find the wife her "perfect" gift. I was bad and didn't score her a gift before her arrival. I've got to do well this afternoon to keep out of the dog house.

scotty1.jpg

Shawn, golf is a very bad habit. Stop now! You will end up with clubs all over the house, self-help books by the bed, and the TV will end up stuck on the golf channel. At least thats how it is around here.

Have you started chipping and putting in the house yet? So far I'm down one ceiling fan and one hole in the wall. I'll say my short game has improved since I started my indoor program!

443544886_NN7Vx-L.jpg

Shawn, those pewter plates were a great find on your business trip. Maybe you should throw that nasty golf bag in the garage so it isn't blocking them.

Well I started the same thread yesterday but then deleted it. No pics but I got a stocking full of sweet treats (you Texans would love my cowboy boot stocking), new wind up LED flashlight/headlamp, fancy new Eddie Bauer H20 bottle with freezy sticks, camping food/H20 dish for Murray, laser tape measure, Kenneth Cole watch-nice, and this beautiful new 19" flat screen monitor I am using right now (ST member told me about the flat screen-THANK YOU).

Just a wonderful Christmas and I hope yours was too.

1bag_of_money.jpg

And, its the right size. I can exchange it for lights, fuel, food, you know the necessities :dopeslap:

Best of all, I didn't spend a dime on my x-mas presents.

-My brother #2 and sister-in-law, I bought them a x-mas village last year on sale.

-My brother #1, I traded a bottle of Bacardi Limon for a bottle of single malt scotch that my old boss had lying around. I also burned all of my mp3s so he could fillup his mp3 player.

-2 newphew and 1 niece, they also got all my mp3s. 500+ songs. The best part, was the youngest [11] was excited about the tracks with explicit language that "accidently" got burned on his DVD too

-My Dad, got a chocolate gift basket that I got when I purchased a Sam's Club card.

-My Mom, got a x-mas cactus from Lowes Gift card that my brother gave me last year.

-My x, spilt the Sam's Club card. So I used her $17 and the $10 gift card from walmart to by her a purse.

All ads up to Zero!!!!!

Christmas08.jpg

Now my wife can keep tabs on me as I try some long rides with my new (well at least hopefully improved) back. Happy and safe New Year to all.

George, that's what is called a "short leash". No more claiming that you're working late when the UTM coordinates say Hooters.

443127621_tF3tK-L.jpg

Diane got me this totally killer blind to set up and take pictures of critters out in the wilds. It is most worthy. Notice the fierce House Cat Daniel entering to keep me company as we stake out the area.

Tom, we make a battery powered HEATED seat cusion for use in there. We sell it under the Blind Heat name.

not technically for me, but this was Dustin's present, so he and I can go dirt bike riding. it replaced his very nice but way to small KX60

It is a KLX 125. It is a four stroke so not the power of the two stokes, but it will work for the next year. Let him work on perfecting his clutch usage. I had dec 24 off so he got it a day early and we went riding for about 5 hours. Hopefully headed out again Dec 28, and if weather holds Jan 1. I wish I had found out about dirt riding, and dual sporting 10 years ago with Ryan. I love going to the local parks. Safe trail riding and we go all day for 20.00 around here. Plus there are some great state maintained trails up in the GA mountains that we are just getting to know. One of the local parks has a 1/8 flat track. When nobody is using it, Dustin and I do our own 8 lap races. It is a blast. I have not learned how to slide it yet, but I am working on it.

442539937_qKz2x-L.jpg

Not exactly my x-mas present but mama did say "merry christmas" when I walked out the door to go buy it.

102_2164_00.jpg

Now I have a pair, although the green 97 is for sale:

102_2158_00.jpg

Hopefully it will make it to Torrey in September. Can you here me Tom?

mY cHRISTMAS present wasn't wrapped - it was having my daughter Kelsey Lynn keep her lips tight when she came over with her guy later Christmas early evening.

They had just come from their Mother's gathering and heading over to her guy's Mother's home.

After about 45 minutes of gabbing and sipping a beer - knock knock knock at the door - I'm thinking "...carolers..."? - Moose is thinking ... well - she doesn't know what's she's thinking.

I open the door and in front of me is my OTHER daughter Kate and her we just drove in from the east coast of Conn. husband who is on surgery rotations around the country. (didn't let anyone in on that they were coming home for Christmas)...oh, and they had there new puppy MoMo and pure bred Golden Retriever with them too. MoMo is around 3-4 months old.

Silvie our Weim and MoMo (actually Morgan) went at it for hours...all in a good way after the prelim sniff-growl I'm the Alpha dog - etc.

What a riot.! All I could shout when I answered the door was "WHAT" "What"..! I was for the first time in a looong time dumbstruck.!

The next day we all went to the movies to watch "Marley & Me".

(*dewd - bring the friggin' kleenex...wow what a show.*)

They'll be here for the 1st of the year and start heading back for his final 1 month in rotations through January.

Justin is currently at YALE medical center(s)...he's already been to HARVARD and JFK in Palm Beach FLA and PITTSBURGH and JACKSONVILLE --- all since June 1st 2008.

Really proud of this guy...podiatry surgeon after graduation here in Des Moines in May then 3 year residency probably in the NEast - YALE or HARVARD. We hadn't seen either of them since June...so getting them back unannounced was a very very BIG deal.

That's our Christmas - couldn't of asked for more. (Oh, and I got Moose some Fracas spray perfume...wOOhOO)

I received several great gifts! Here are a couple I received from Richard...

443597815_rtu5T-L.jpg

A DeWalt battery and a C clamp! Not sure what I'll do with the battery :/ ... but that C Clamp :thumbsup: will come in handy when I use these...

443596911_qWR6b-L.jpg ...

which I received from my son.

Joe Frickin' Friday

Masako got me a new stereo for my car.

Background: I Bought a Nissan Maxima in 2002 with the "Bose Premium Sound System," and went through no less than FIVE HEAD UNITS while the car was still under warranty. The final one they put in, the CD player STILL skips when the ambient temp is below 50F. :mad: So the new Alpine should take care of that, since it doesn't include a CD player at all.

What it does include is iPod input - although I don't have an iPod. :grin:

What ELSE it includes is a USB port that accepts memory sticks. :clap: It's no coincidence that I received a 32-GB memory stick from my mom; that's big enough to hold my entire collection of CD's (300+) as MP3 files, and the memory stick can be nicely concealed out of sight under the dashboard with a USB extension cord. :Cool:

I plan to start installing it today, although I wish we had gotten home a day sooner: yesterday it was 60F here, today it's 30F. :(

Joe Frickin' Friday
Is woodworking a hobby? or are you more in to construction?

Just curious :lurk:

Can't be. Woodworking requires an entire room full of clamps. DAMHIK... :grin:

My wife got me a Wii Sports, I have no idea why. She said that I can exercise and play games on it. I told her that just the other day I thought about dusting the Bow-Flex and Elliptical and that was strenuous enough, and I don't play games. I get dizzy playing video games and out of breath just thinking about yard work.

I had better look and see if there has been any increase in my life insurance policy.

Background: I Bought a Nissan Maxima in 2002 with the "Bose Premium Sound System," and went through no less than FIVE HEAD UNITS while the car was still under warranty. The final one they put in, the CD player STILL skips when the ambient temp is below 50F. :mad:

You too? I went through nine replacements with no improvement, although on at least one occasion they faked the replacement (I could tell from a very slight mar on faceplate). They kept trying to blame me, kept implying I was lying when they allegedly couldn't recreate the problem, kept telling me it was my CDs (all commercially produced), that no one else had this problem and it was a total mystery, etc. :mad:

Background: I Bought a Nissan Maxima in 2002 with the "Bose Premium Sound System," and went through no less than FIVE HEAD UNITS while the car was still under warranty. The final one they put in, the CD player STILL skips when the ambient temp is below 50F. :mad:

You too? I went through nine replacements with no improvement, although on at least one occasion they faked the replacement (I could tell from a very slight mar on faceplate). They kept trying to blame me, kept implying I was lying when they allegedly couldn't recreate the problem, kept telling me it was my CDs (all commercially produced), that no one else had this problem and it was a total mystery, etc. :mad:

This is good to know, I've been having problems with the Bose in my Vette and was thinking about keeping it stock.

What does a 240lbs crime fighting, LT/RTP riding motorman do/get at x-mas.

That is the party bus, this is what I had to put together.

4167.jpg.6d9273a7c919cf06b04829839d49471b.jpg

Jacqueline...

Is woodworking a hobby? or are you more in to construction?

Just curious :lurk:

:rofl: Richard thought he was being cute by wrapping the C clamp with a CD he gave me and the battery he put in another box with something lite... They were in boxes with my name on them so I'm KEEPING THEM!

The hole saw kit... for making bird houses... I'm sure I can use the C clamp and the battery in that same venture.

Richard says I need to put the clamp and battery where they belong.... my response.... YES in MY tool box! :thumbsup:...

I received them as gifts and I have witnesses...

443597761_zRT6b-L.jpg

Yes, you are correct and the one on the left is my nephew...the two spent a lot of time together growing up. I hadn't seen my nephew for almost nine years... I flew him out here and had the best Christmas ever with three great guys... even if all three of them did better then I at Go Kart Racer and one of them (and surprisingly it was not Richard) crashed me into the wall :eek: !

Archived