IGNORED

Everything's amazing and nobody's happy !

Richard_D

Good observations , watching how people react to the impositions of reality onto their perceptions of themselves is a good way to entertain yourself during delays.

One time while delayed due to fog in Melbourne , we watched the reponses that different people received as they complained bitterly to airport staff about the fog , I am still not convinced that airport staff can change the weather regardless of how many complaints they receive. Some passengers actually became offensive to some staff , which is kind of sad for the staff. No one was going anywhere ,even the most important and influential man in Australia at the time , Steve Waugh , was delayed by the fog.

It's like the people who rush to stand up and take their luggage out of the lockers even though the plane has barely stopped ,

trust me , if everyone is exiting via the front door , those in the front of the plane are getting out first ,no matter how quickly you leap to your feet.

That reminds me of a story a Condo. manager once told me. People have oceanfront condos. and live in the lap of luxury. One person complained to the manager because the birds flew too close to his balcony. The manager with his quick witt said he would notify The Florida fish and Game Commision. :grin:

Many years ago, I worked for DHL and during a very bad winter storm in New York. I was helping man the phones trying to help the Customer Service Agents who were being overwhelmed with calls. One woman called me and basically demanded that she needed some documents to be in LA the next day. I explained to her that there was 2 ft of snow on the runways and she cut me off stating "I don't want to hear excuses sir, you own the planes make them fly and let me tell you my husband didn't get to be wealthy by letting the snow get in the way". She didn't find it amusing when I asked her if she could spare her husband and a snow shovel to help come clear the runway. Some people just live to complain.

He has a certain point, but he misses / doesn’t address the core reason why nobody’s happy despite having all these amazing things – because happiness doesn’t come from (amazing) things.

So true.....

(By the way, he said something about a new type of phone without rotary dials. Does anyone know anything about this???)

:grin:

He has a certain point, but he misses / doesn’t address the core reason why nobody’s happy despite having all these amazing things – because happiness doesn’t come from (amazing) things.

Judging from the video and this board, happiness comes from complaining!

Archived