IGNORED

World Superbike at Miller again!

JerryMather

Yeeha! Stephen
May 31, 2009 That's great but it's still two weeks after Torrey this year and I can't afford to hang out at Killer's for two more weeks until they show up at the track. :cry:

Shoot, that's an easy one... Just move Torrey! :thumbsup:

Yeeha! Stephen
Already bought my tickets two months ago. Can't wait...

Steve, or anyone else that's been...

Recommendation on seating location?

From the Web site, the Tooele or Erda Grandstand looks OK. The Highest elevation according to the seating map.

May have up to 4 riding buddys going along, so I may need to act soon to get 4 to 5 seats together. Ya' think?

Wanted to go Last year, but Work screwed my whole Spring Season up. Not this year... I really want to go.

TIA for any info :wave:

Just want to extend the invitation to anyone attending to come on into SLC on your way to, or from, or during the event if you get a chance. We are happy to provide a bed, share a meal, or go for a ride in the local mountains.

If I remember correctly, Steve said we have access to the entire course. You can ride up to any part of the course and stake out a spot to sit and watch or go sit in the stands.

We are arriving on Thrusday and departing on Sunday afternoon. I'd like to overnight in Logan on Sunday and depart via Logan Canyon on Monday.

See you there?

During last years event I had a grandstand seating. Thursday and Friday grandstand seating was open and only one Saturday and Sunday were they reserved. I spent most of my time in a lawn chair on the fence in front of the grandstand. So this year I purchased general admission with a paddock pass for Greg and I. Miller is a great place to watch a race, you can ride around the track (remember it is a huge facility) and park behind any grandstand and walk up and watch. The main parking lot is really the best place to park though as the rest of the circuit roads are dirt and you will find a layer of white dust covering your bike after the race. The best place to watch the the race is at the end of the front straight as they riders arrive at speeds of 180 mph and brake to nothing tip it in and get on the gas. So in summary, I think the grandstand seating is not the way to go (for me, I have been wrong before) I did not spend much time there. The only benefit to them would be for bad weather. Hope to see you there!!!!

Already bought my tickets two months ago. Can't wait...

Steve, or anyone else that's been...

From the Web site, the Tooele or Erda Grandstand looks OK. The Highest elevation according to the seating map.

May have up to 4 riding buddys going along, so I may need to act soon to get 4 to 5 seats together. Ya' think?

Wanted to go Last year, but Work screwed my whole Spring Season up. Not this year... I really want to go.

TIA for any info :wave:

Seven of us had seats at the Tooele stands after the Miller ticket agent recommended it highly. Will probably gets seats at Tooele again. Could park our bikes right next to it, had a good view of the track, many exhibits located very close. Only downside is the long trek to the paddocks.

Just want to extend the invitation to anyone attending to come on into SLC on your way to, or from, or during the event if you get a chance. We are happy to provide a bed, share a meal, or go for a ride in the local mountains.

Just want to build on Jan's invite. Maybe we need a meet and greet?

• 4 months later...

Bumping old thread....Stephen are you going? I am heading out solo from Austin in the wee hours of Wednesday morning, bound for Moab. I am picking up SWMcKinley in New Mexico on the way.

Let us know if you are going to be there and we can grab some dinner.

If anyone is arriving for the race with no tickets, the local dealer- http://www.bmwmotorcyclesofsaltlake.com/

Has some at a nice discount...

I would suggest a phone call to be sure you can get them.

I was at the dealer on Friday and was told they were having a tent at the race. Not entirely sure but believe this means a BMW Motorcycle Corral will be nearby. Also was told that people from BMW Motorrad (mothership from Deutschland) will be in attendance, and the 1000rr will be introduced.

Is the race not going to be on today? I can't find it in the TV directory, anyway. Maybe aired later?

Is the race not going to be on today? I can't find it in the TV directory, anyway. Maybe aired later?

Race is next weekend... yes will be aired- it shows on my Dish Network schedule at 3:00 pm 5/31 speed channel under FIM racing...

Archived