IGNORED

An offer I couldn't refuse.

Silver Surfer/AKAButters

Silver Surfer/AKAButters

So, Friday I'm hangin out not much to do (Devil's playground), so I tool on over to the BMW dealer. Big mistake. There are two 08 K12 GT's sittin' there, one with 2,300 on the clock (demo), and the other brand spanking new silver one. Salesman says,"we are going to sell that Black one with 2,300 on the clock as used, only need to put another 700 miles on the clock to make it legal. He says,"Interested in helping out?" Of course I say yes, so he throws me the keys and I'm gone. I get back 6 hours later racked up another 350 miles with big grin on my face. I am hooked. What an amazing bike.

Anyway, he starts grinding away and the next thing I know he is offering me $5,500. off the sticker. He tells me don't worry, If I am not interested, he has another guy who has been looking at it that will prolly buy it if I don't. I am very weak at this point, and thinking he was bluffing, so I decide to leave. Needless to say I am grinding on the numbers all night and finally decide to go work him a little harder. Well, next morning, I have a few errands to run, so I get over there at about 11:30, just in time to see someone else ride off on the black beauty. SOLD! My heart sank. I couldn't believe it, there actually was another buyer.

Now, a little discouraged, I start to look at the brandy new (10 miles on the odometer)silver one. Keep in mind, this is the only '08 left in the shop. The showroom is full of '09 GS's, GSA"s, Dual Sports, RT's and this thing is just in the way and the 1300's are right round the corner. These guy's want to move this thing. So he throws a few numbers around, talks about a $3500. BMW rebate, yada, yada, yada. Not interested, and then I go over the parts counter to lick my wounds and check on some heated gloves. Five minutes later he walks over and says," wou;d you be interested in the same deal I offered on the used bike?" I say, "throw in top case for your cost", he says, "okay." I say, "write it up!"

Ladies and gentlemen, meet the Silver Surfer. All the goodies less TPM and ASC:

K1200front1592.jpg

K1200newwebrer1594.jpg

Silver Surfer/AKAButters
Nice deal,,,That top case well hold a nice WARM sleeping bag and pad,, :rofl:

Well, since camping to me always includes a motorhome or hotel, prolly won't be necessary. :)

I just couldn't pass up on the group being so close, and not checking in.

YES!!!!!!!!!! We gots us another con-vert!!!!!!!

Sweet ride.

So, when you gettin' converted? You sold that ol' GS but still sportin' it on yer sig line. wuz-up w'dat? Seems I remember you talkin' it up a bunch 'bout a 1300GT. There out. Where's yours? mmmmmm? All dem gazillion dollars you firman make...
YES!!!!!!!!!! We gots us another con-vert!!!!!!!

Sweet ride.

So, when you gettin' converted? You sold that ol' GS but still sportin' it on yer sig line. wuz-up w'dat? Seems I remember you talkin' it up a bunch 'bout a 1300GT. There out. Where's yours? mmmmmm? All dem gazillion dollars you firman make...

They're not out yet. Deposit been down since October. March '09.

Sig update - Yeah, ya got me there! Hold that thought! FIXED!!!

Silver Surfer/AKAButters
You're gonna bring it up to Spring Torrey, right? :lurk:

That's the plan!

"When he does bring it to Torrey you know it's going to be in the room with him. I guarantee he wont let THAT tree incident happen again."

Worked out okay. All that new plastic made it easy to unload. ;)

Congrats on the new K. I nearly found myself in the same situation last month. Went looking for a used RT at the dealer, didn't have what I wanted, salesmen gets me back in the shop to peak at a K1200GT demo, Has big bucks knocked off it. Whoa. . sweet bike. Comfy . all the toys but the gal. Fortunately for me, it was raining and cold outside. And the dealer is an hour away. By the time I got back there, I'd found my RT.

But I've seen the future . . and there's a K in it.

Enjoy!

You are going to love it. A few of the '08s have the old air box--mine did. Check the VIN to see if it is > ZN47596 and have your dealer swap for the new box and software if you bike has the old box.

pRETTY hOT sled there Butters - ..!

So, who made the kool-aid and who is still drinking it..?

(Les'see : Lime / McKinley / Phillippe' / Buttahs / who'd I miss..)

Daaaang maybe I should rethink the GSA route........hmmm....

pRETTY hOT sled there Butters - ..!

So, who made the kool-aid and who is still drinking it..?

(Les'see : Lime / McKinley / Phillippe' / Buttahs / who'd I miss..)

Daaaang maybe I should rethink the GSA route........hmmm....

Paul made the Kool-aid, & Whip was the first to partake.

Blame Whip. :grin:

Congrats on the new ride. Looks fast when parked. Think what it will look like to the LEO's at speed. :wave:

PS Thanks for keeping the economy afloat.

Silver Surfer/AKAButters
You are going to love it. A few of the '08s have the old air box--mine did. Check the VIN to see if it is > ZN47596 and have your dealer swap for the new box and software if you bike has the old box.

Between the dealer demo and mine, I've racked up 700 miles already and I am in love. The VIN# is ZN47975 so, guess I'm okay. Then I'll don the rain gear and see how those Bridgestones handle the wet stuff on my way to schedule the first service for next week. Who needs phone.

Welcome to the dark side.

:thumbsup:

+2

Now if only your "new and improved" versions

were as good looking as the original... :grin:

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Oh we, suffer, or is that Surfer ?

:wave:

Silver Surfer/AKAButters
Now if only your "new and improved" versions

were as good looking as the original

Couldn't agree more on the looks. I always thought the new GT was a slab sided ugly battleship of bike. I loved the looks of the old RT, but I'll opt for the technology as soon as my wallet catches up every time. Funny how the cognitive dissonance is kicking in, she's looking better already. Even the new 1300 looks like the old one to me with a hokey vent in the ide. Don't get it.

I feel the same way about the new 5 Series cars, but again for me, the technology outweigh the aesthetics.

MMMMMMMMM........ the force is strong with this one.

Welcome to the dark side. BTW I think the K1200GT is MUCH better looking than the 1200 RT. Been there done that.

WOW !! What a deal. I have ridden the K1200GTs and fell in love, but could never seem to make a decent deal. Probably good that I didn't anyway as I would be in deeeeep doo doo if I were to come home with one.

Best of luck and enjoy that great ride.

Phil said, "They're not out yet. Deposit been down since October. March '09."

LOL! You know I was just funnin' with you. You know, they have been out here for two weeks now. I seen one at work.

Archived