IGNORED

Tampa Area after Christmas

Matts_12GS

Hey you Bay Area folks...

I'm going to ride down to my Dad's place after Christmas for a couple days, and I'm looking for some of the fun roads coming south from the east side of Ocala going down toward Seminole.

Anyone got any tips?

Yea... wear a...........

helmet. :grin:

MB>

Always do, it makes my harley easier to find at a bike night! That big Evel Knievel full face helmet stands out nicely!

Matt,

Some of us might be able to meet you north of Brooksville for lunch and then take you back to the Tampa area on some pretty good roads. We do a Wednesday ride every week. (And I'm sure some of us would do it on other days too.) Does that work for you? But you gotta promise not to share the whereabouts of these roads with Danny.

Rich,

I appreciate the offer, but I'm going to be coming in on the 27th after meeting some folks at the Blackwater Inn.

RogerA and I had chatted about some of them after belt sander races, and I was just looking to tie a few more good stretches of road together to make a trip out of it.

Oh, and your secret roads are safe with me!

Hey you Bay Area folks...

I'm going to ride down to my Dad's place after Christmas for a couple days, and I'm looking for some of the fun roads coming south from the east side of Ocala going down toward Seminole.

Anyone got any tips?

I'm not a super slab person at all but having lived and ridden in Tampa, Clearwater and now Central Florida for the past 29 years I'd do I-75S to 275S and spend the saved time with my parents (wish I had that option...)

Otherwise head toward Floral city from Ocala (hopefully you went through Ocala Nat. forest right?) and take your pick of back roads from your map heading south and west.

Avoid US19, especially the closer you get to Hudson and southward When I grew up in Clearwater in the early '80s they sold bumper stickers "Pray for me I drive in US19" - still holds true today - maybe more so with the influx of people and constant road construction.

happy motoring.

I grew up in Clearwater/Largo and have done the slab so many times between here and there I'm on autopilot.

I'm planning on dropping down through Montverde, maybe toward Croom into the Land O Lakes area. I just did 460 miles round trip on the slab last weekend in the truck and I'll be damned if I do it again so soon, especially on the bike.

Fortunately the largest wave of snow birds will have their RVs parked by the time I get there.

From Land O Lakes go West on SR 54 till you hit Little Rd [say hi - that's my neighborhood] and take a left till you hit Mitchell Rd or Trinity Rd if missed Mitchell[Take a Right] and follow that to East Lake - McMullen Booth across the Bayside bridge to Pinellas Park then to Seminole. That is the way I go to Pinellas - I hate 19, too :dopeslap:

I appreciate the offer, but I'm going to be coming in on the 27th after meeting some folks at the Blackwater Inn.

I'll be at the Champions Bowl in Orlando that day. It'll be very stessful since my friends Tim (Tallman) and Beth will be rooting for Florida State and my girfriend Candy will be rooting for Wisconsin. And I'll be sitting between them. :dopeslap:

If you can work with Mapsource, I can send you a route from your start to your finish (if I knew exactly what they were.)

PM Sent Rich...

My dad's a Badger too, sooo

pooo ooOnnnnn Wisconsin...

Fixed. :wave:

LOL, you suck!

But I mean that in the nicest way! :P

PM Sent Rich...

My dad's a Badger too, sooo

pooo ooOnnnnn Wisconsin...

Fixed. :wave:

LOL, you suck!

But I mean that in the nicest way! :P