IGNORED

SoCal Tech Daze--- Jan. 24,2009--Canceled

Dave C.

Okay gang, here is the official thread for the Southern California Tech Day.

It will be at my place in Corona. The address is

1309 Radcliffe Circle Corona, Ca. 92881 (near the 91 and 15 interchange)

Start time is 8 AM and I will have coffee, juice and other things to eat and drink. Lunch will be my smoked babyback ribs and beef empanadas with greek pasta salad.

Please respond to this thread if you are going to attend and what services you plan to do.

I am looking forward to meeting and wrenching with all that attend.

Dave

I'll try to be there to eat some of your ribs & empanadas and help any of the other members that need a hand with whatever they plan to do to their bikes.

Personally, I don't need to do anything on mine right now, but I have some very fond memories of the tech daze we've had in the past around here.

I hope some of the other members from the past, show up to this one.

IN. I would like to do a brake and clutch fluid flush but,

if I can just observe and help with someone else's I can do my own at home later.

From previous posts there might be a quite a few being done. :grin:

IN!! I am coming for the food. Forget the bike stuff. :grin: I am thinking about a brake flush and new alternator belt. Does anyone have a 34 mm socket in their toolbox I could use to reinstall my belt? After that I would be happy to assist anyone with maintenance on their bike. ie. valve adjust, fluid changes, etc.

Thanks for hosting Dave. See ya in 4 weeks.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone on the board!!

IN!! Does anyone have a 34 mm socket in their toolbox I could use to reinstall my belt?

I've got one that I can bring if I remember too. :wave:

Holy cow "smoked babyback ribs and beef empanadas". Now I have never been to one of these but that menu is a GREAT reason to go. More important though its time to get to know the folks that post and go to these events. SO! count me in!

If you'll have me I think I would like to come on over. Hopefully my scoot wont need anything seeing how this is after DVD. So I have better have done my tune up BEFORE going out there.

thencamebronson

Still planning to attend, 94 RS, plan to change fluids and rear drive seal. Maybe fuel filter while I am at it. I hope Cajon Pass isn't closed!

Thanks Dave, I'm in!!! Don't need to do anything to my bike, but would like help were I can, and meet some of you guys.

Can I bring anything for the BBQ?

IN!! I am coming for the food. Forget the bike stuff. :grin: I am thinking about a brake flush and new alternator belt. Does anyone have a 34 mm socket in their toolbox I could use to reinstall my belt? After that I would be happy to assist anyone with maintenance on their bike. ie. valve adjust, fluid changes, etc.

Thanks for hosting Dave. See ya in 4 weeks.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone on the board!!

Keith I can help you change that belt without a 34mm socket if you don't get one, it's really easy.

AdventurePoser

Sounds like fun! I'm not around much anymore, so this will be a good way to reconnect with old (and new) friends. I don't think my bike needs any service, but I do need some reminders on how to take off the plastic!

Hopefully will be able to come on down....

Steve in So Cal

"I do need some reminders on how to take off the plastic!"

Steve you can help remove mine when I do the brake flush! :grin:

Bob, PM sent to your mailbox. Thanks

In !!! I hope to be changing my alt belt. What can I bring for the food portion ?

we have the food portion taken care of. Unless you have certain dietary restrictions then bring what you need but other than that we will put on a feast :clap:

Dave

AdventurePoser

Soon as I am IN, I am OUT. :dopeslap: I've been drafted to BBQ for a graduation party..and the date was just changed to the 24th.

Happy Wife, Happy Life, :grin:

Steve in So Cal

Alrighty then! I'm in. Might do a valve adjustment and TB synch. All else is taken care of for right now. Been looking forward to a TD for some time in this area!

I'd like to do this but I don't have the equipment to do it.

Does anyone out there have the set up and want to bring it over and help me with it?

Same here but unless you got a New school K and didn't tell us about it, you don't need any of that "stuff" to change your coolant.

If anyone does have that tool, I'll bring the KS, coolant & beer :-)

Eric - Wow!!! This sounds Awesome!! I actually have work(oil & filter change) I was going to have done due to partial laziness (is there such a thing?), but what a great idea! I MAY even bring new tires if the equipment in there!

I'll let you know how this is looking at it gets closer!

TotallyOpposed

I am sneaking up on my 24k service interval. I also need to change the rear diff fluid.....

I may just get in on this.

Do I need to bring all of my own tools for this?

Do I need to bring all of my own tools for this?

I'll chime in on this one. Dave C can fill in what I leave out.

It is in your interest to bring the most used tools. Meaning the ones that remove plastics and are generally in someone's hand at any given moment.

This will limit your wait time and can put you in your own work mode (time frame) without worring someone is waiting on you or vice versa.

I'm in. Need a valve adjust. Thanks in advance for holding the event and offering up the fantastic menu. Let me know if you need anything...I'll bring basic tools (torx, drivers, etc.), and the 2nd edition maintenance DVD for the newer R bikes (K26-K29 models); basically whatever I can fit in the bags and the back of the bike :)

Dave

If you are keeping a list of services to be done by each attendee scratch my brake flush. I did it today. :grin: My plan is to change my belt and Jerry don't forget the 34mm socket ( :thumbsup:). Once the belt is done I will be free to assist or instruct other people with service. I will plan to bring my Ministan for brake bleeds on 2003-2006 R bikes with servo brakes (it will not fit 2002 R bikes) if anyone needs it.

Dave

Jerry don't forget the 34mm socket ( :thumbsup:). Once the belt is done I will be free to assist or instruct other people with service. I will plan to bring my Ministan for brake bleeds on 2003-2006 R bikes with servo brakes (it will not fit 2002 R bikes) if anyone needs it.

I got ya covered.

I picked up a MightyMac for brake bleeding that I can bring also.

Just bought a 99 R1100GS that could use a 54K valve and throttle body check. If it's too much to do, I'd still like to come up and watch someone else do one.

Hello and welcome to the board. Congrats on your new GS. Bring up the tools to remove the valve covers and will get those valves adjusted and the TB'synced. No problem.

I would give it 2 hrs. max if the temperature is anything like the temps lately (35-39 degrees). You can also put a fan on the jugs which will cool them down pretty quickly. I rode to my buddies 3K miles ago to do mine and we put a fan on them. We adjusted them within 2 hrs. of me getting to his house. I look forward to meeting you.

KB

P.S. Just saw that you are in San Diego.

FWIW, an email newsletter received just this morning from BMW of VC announces a new Monthly Tech Workshop at the dealership every 4th Thursday of the month at 5:30PM (starting 22-Jan). The newsletter included a registration link.

Note: I believe this is an opportunity to learn - not wrench on your own bike, so it doesn't replace the need for Tech Days such as this topic provides.

Jeff

FWIW, an email newsletter received just this morning from BMW of VC announces a new Monthly Tech Workshop at the dealership every 4th Thursday of the month at 5:30PM (starting 22-Jan). The newsletter included a registration link.

Note: I believe this is an opportunity to learn - not wrench on your own bike, so it doesn't replace the need for Tech Days such as this topic provides.

Jeff

where is BMW of VC?

I'm most likely in for a oil change and perhaps a bit of TB synching if time permits. I also need to redo a fork seal but unless I can cook it over your stove I think it's best to let the boys at Brown's handle that one...

TotallyOpposed

Bad News for me.

I won't be able to attend.

Have to sell the bike.http://bmwsporttouring.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=432052#Post432052

Hi Folks,

I'm kind of a late comer here, but I would like to attend along with my friend Guy who rides a 2003 1150 RT. My K1200GT does not need anything important, but I would like to lift the tank to route an audio cable under it. Being a mechanical dunce, I have no idea how to do this or how much more complex this is to do on a GT over an RT. Is there anyone in attendance that might be able to show/help me do this, that would be great. If not, it's no biggie.

Paul

Guys, I am sorry to have to do this but, I have to cancel the event at my house. I just got home from spending the week in the hospital and now the Doctor has me on one month of bed rest. My right leg was bothering me and I thought it was a groin pull, turns out it was a pocket of infected puss that they had to remove with a 4" long incision that now needs to heal from the inside out. I am on a wound vac machine that tethers me down and that is the situation in a condensed form. Of course the pain meds are preety good ;)

Again I am sorry to have to cancel but I don't really have a choice.

Dave

David

I am sure I speak for all of us who hope you get well real soon and understand your decision to cancel. NOW GET THAT LEG BACK IN SHAPE!!!

On your behalf, Dave, I have made an email inquiry about a possible alternate location to hold the tech day. Not sure if it will workout but I am asking just the same. Unfortunately, I will not have any kind of answer till Tues./Wed. January 13/14.

I NEED A QUICK SHOW OF HANDS WHO IS COMING TO WORK ON THEIR BIKES AND WHAT YOU PLAN TO DO TO YOUR BIKE (COULD BE A MAX. OF 20 PEOPLE WORKING ON THEIR BIKES SO IT IS FIRST COME FIRST SERVED). THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR RESPONSE.

David

I am sure I speak for all of us who hope you get well real soon and understand your decision to cancel. NOW GET THAT LEG BACK IN SHAPE!!!

+1 Get well soon!

I NEED A QUICK SHOW OF HANDS WHO IS COMING TO WORK ON THEIR BIKES AND WHAT YOU PLAN TO DO TO YOUR BIKE (COULD BE A MAX. OF 20 PEOPLE WORKING ON THEIR BIKES SO IT IS FIRST COME FIRST SERVED). THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR RESPONSE.

:wave: I really do need to learn how to do the Brake and Clutch fluid flush. So if you can make this work I'm in and will help any way I can.

Archived