IGNORED

THE WORLD

ESokoloff

Well we saw the one time smallest three wheeled car here.

How about the biggest running motorcycle?

Link.

Not sure if I'm impressed with it or pissed that they/he ruined a (apparently) perfectly good rotary engine to make this beast.

Not sure if I'm impressed with it or pissed that they/he ruined a (apparently) perfectly good rotary engine to make this beast.

Huh? Where'd you get that from?

I'd love to stand by and watch one of their guys take this thing apart just for a look at what's gone into it. And I'd like to ride it once, but owning one could be, uhhh, "problematic", which is how I once described the tranny in a ratty Oldsmobile I had once as a kid.

Pilgrim

Well we saw the one time smallest three wheeled car here.

How about the biggest running motorcycle?

Link.

And why would you care that they "ruined a (apparently) perfectly good rotary engine to make this beast"? Unless it was yours. :grin:

And why would you care that they "ruined a (apparently) perfectly good rotary engine to make this beast"?

I'm a war Bird fan and they/he lopped 2 cylinders from a nine cylinder motor for this scooter.

I gotta think that finding parts for these old birds to keep them in the air are getting harder to find.

Huh? Where'd you get that from?

Here for starters.

I'm sure if I had the opportunity to see it real & in person, I would be impressed.

What you show us Larry is (perhaps) the longest motorcycle but is it the BIGGEST?

Also does it run & more importantly is it "The World's Biggest Running Motorcycle, built in series?

I unfortunately inadvertently omitted this important part of the claim :P

I have seen the image that you posted several times but never have I heard the story.

Anyone know anything about it?

What you show us Larry is (perhaps) the longest motorcycle but is it the BIGGEST?

Also does it run & more importantly is it "The World's Biggest Running Motorcycle, built in series?

I have seen the image that you posted several times but never have I heard the story.

Eric, there was a write up in a motorcycle magazine a few years ago (sorry I can’t recall what magazine) about I believe that bike (if it wasn’t that bike it was almost identical)..

It has/had hydraulic rams that the rider could raise & lower when it came to a stop to hold it upright,, automatic trans from a car,, etc..

I don’t recall the entire article but it seems the motorcycle evolved over a long time so the original builder/rider managed to keep up with it’s increase in size & weight so could ride the darn thing.. He apparently died & someone (I think a motorcycle magazine reporter or writer or motorcycle collector of some sort) bought the thing & tried to ride it but couldn’t & kept falling over..

If it is the same bike that was in the article the guy (original builder) actually did some traveling on that monster..

If I can find the original article I will add more info or correct any errors in the above info..

Twisty

Joe Frickin' Friday

It's called Roadog.

Thanks Mitch

Roadog

There's an article somewhere by John Burns where he rides the monster. He crashes it. Not a bad crash, but the present owner put it back in storage. The original owner died, either his girl friend or his wife killed him. I don't remember the details. I think they called him "Wild Bill" and he used to ride it back and forth from work. 100 miles round trip somewhere in Wisconsin.

I can't find the John Burns Article

Whip

And why would you care that they "ruined a (apparently) perfectly good rotary engine to make this beast"?

I'm a war Bird fan and they/he lopped 2 cylinders from a nine cylinder motor for this scooter.

I gotta think that finding parts for these old birds to keep them in the air are getting harder to find.

Ahhh-ha!! You mean a very early rotary engine, such as powered a WWI fighter, not the one that propels my Mazda RX8, not a radial as I first thought you meant.

Those were out of style by the 1920s; this motorcycle engine has no impact on the restoration market, being bespoke in every piece, apparently.

Pilgrim

Well I apologize for the apparent confusion.

God made me a much better rider then writer & every now & again it shows.

Heck I had to look up "bespoke".

I would have used that word to tell you that the rims on my motorcycle were cast but my bicycles bespoke :P

• 1 month later...

Archived