IGNORED

Malvern hills and Chipping Campden

Steve1962

Today me and Andy [ the old pals act ] went for a ride out to the Malvern hills , taking in Chipping Campden on the way home .

The day started in an odd manner , when we had agreed to meet in the market square at Stow on the Wold at 10.00 am ......I duly arrived and parked up to wait for Andy .....eventually I called his mobile at 10.25 , concerned that he had not arrived ........ he answered , telling me that he was in the market square , but I couldn't see him - he was parked up somewhere else , but jumped on his bike and nipped down the road to meet me , and off we went . We rode down the B4077 to Tewkesbury , with the sun and clouds dancing across the rolling countryside , and the breeze keeping us cool .

Having arrived at our destination , we decided to nip into Malvern where Andy showed me the smallest theatre in the world , 109 square feet and capable of holding 12 people , as documented on the front door .

Then the fun started as we tried to extricate the bikes from the car park - we had parked on a downhill slope and it was a bugger to get the bikes back on level ground - in particular we nearly lost Andy's bike as I heaved it backward and it nearly toppled over !

Back on the road , and having completed a circuit of the Malvern hills , we pointed the bikes eastward and set off for Chipping Campden , arriving to find the market town bathed in sunshine .

We had a good look at the church , then walked up and down the main street , bejewelled as it is with fine architecture and steeped in history .

Thirsty work this is , so we nipped into a pub for a dite coke [ honestly ] , before getting back to the bikes and riding home ......... I peeled off the A44 to head back to Stow on the Wold , and Andy carried on [ after originally trying to follow me before I pointed him in the right direction ] .

Andy,

I hope you got home safely , thanks for the company once more .

Here are the photos I took today .

http://steve1962.smugmug.com/gallery/6885377_tYJm6

Steve

Great photos of a great area. Thank you for taking us along.

i am curious about the face masks. Is there a story behind them that you know of? :wave:

They were set in the ground around "The Theatre of Little Convenience".

Thanks for a great day out Steve, I stopped off at my In-laws for a cup of tea on the way home - my pictures to follow once I have processed them.

Andy

Great pics...as always. Thanks Steve and Andy.

Marty,

We had a great time today , although I'm not sure Andy will be asking me to pull his bike backward up a slope again any time soon .... he was holding the handle bars , and leaning into the slope ...... me , in my usual thick headed heavy handed manner ..... I was just pulling the bike with all my might , not realising I was also tipping it away from Andy - he soon shouted though .then I cottoned on !!

Steve

My favorite rides are with people who like to stop and make photos, see what's there, walk around some. You are very lucky to have a riding a partner that is in the same mold.

Great shots, as always. Some truly spectacular lighting on some of them.

Thanks for another glimpse of another part of the world.

My favorite rides are with people who like to stop and make photos, see what's there, walk around some. You are very lucky to have a riding a partner that is in the same mold.

Great shots, as always. Some truly spectacular lighting on some of them.

Thanks for another glimpse of another part of the world.

In the same mold ...........they broke the mold and threw it away after they made us two !!

Steve

Archived