Cam Chain Tensioner Upgrade for R1150RT

Mr. Frank

I remember someone claiming they had a procedure that did not require disconnecting the throttle body but I cant find it.

I just used a socket with a universal joint and I didn't have to remove anything at all, it fit in tight but it worked.

I remember someone claiming they had a procedure that did not require disconnecting the throttle body but I cant find it.

I just used a socket with a universal joint and I didn't have to remove anything at all, it fit in tight but it worked.

I needed to use 2 U-joints and a shorty extension to angle behind the strut but it was easy. Was even able to get a torque wrench in there after removing the left oil cooler cover on my Roadster....

All-

I have completed an updated procedure for this and it's coming out in the March edition of Motorcycle Consumer News. I believe the procedure I outlined (learned from Tom Cutter) is simpler (less chance for error) and less expensive than these older threads illustrate.

-MKL

We should have an installation party! My garage is yours on "my" weekends. Here's a picture of the upgrade kit.

cct.jpg

The installation procedure I outline as Cutter instructed will save time, effort, and money over the older threads on this subject.

-MKL

• 1 year later...

Archived