IGNORED

Disconnecting Fuel Lines Help

Rob F.

How do you disconnect the quick release connections on the fuel line hoses from the gas tank on an '08 R1200RT? I am putting a longer clutch line on because my bar risers stretch my hose to far. Thanks.

When you reconnect, make sure you push in the clip you used to disconnect when you push the two halves together. If not, you'll damage the o-ring.

Paul, do I push in the clip before I reconnect or after I reconnect the hoses? Thanks for the heads up.
You maintain it pushed in while you push the two halves together, then release it. Then you push/pull a bit on the connection to make sure it connected well.

Didn't you install the Suburban Machinery risers? Is it essential to lengthen the clutch cable? I ordered the SM risers, and I expect them to come this week. If I have to worry about lengthening the clutch cable, I may well sell the risers on ebay!

Yes. I installed the risers. You don't have to put a new clutch line on but I'd rather have the extra play in the line because it is stretched to the max when the bars are locked right. Besides, I like to work on my bike. Keep the risers and don't replace the line. You'll be okay. Sometimes these forums can cause unnecessary panic.

I had the SM bar risers, they work ok with stock cables but there is very little slack.

If you decide they don't work for you the SM return policy is pretty liberal, probably better in the long run than an ebay transaction.

Archived