IGNORED

Autocom--news at 11:00 ?

bobbybob

I see at their UK website http://www.autocom.co.uk/index.php?autocom=dealers that there is NO dealer now listed for the US--only the UK address. Wonder what gives? And the pics on the UK site (but not on the Topgear US site) of the new "Logic" and "Independence" units look VERY interesting...? I know Effbee took a stab at it a few weeks ago, just wondering if anyone else has any new-news ? I am kinda in the market for *something* but sure do wanna see whats coming before I make a decision. Seems like it would be good marketing for them to let their loyal fans decide whether to buy "old" and save some $$$ or pay top dollar and get the latest/greatest....? But I get the feeling they want to sell all their "old" inventory before letting the new stuff out. So I'm sitting on the fence...and they're not getting my order. Yet. And maybe they don't really care, if they're giving Topgear the axe since it will be up to them to unload the left-over goods...? :lurk:

Yeah, I read both of those. No mention of Topgear or US distribution. But he did say in the 12-18 post that new product details would be forthcoming in the next 2 weeks. So I'll be watching and waiting.

I would say that the decision on old vs new would depend on whether the new models have significant advantages for you. There is no point in saving money and be dissatisfied with the result. I am sure that Autocom will sell every old style unit without any problems.

Tom has told us that the amplifiers on the 2009 models have significantly less hiss - a major plus if one uses earbud speakers.

The outputs on the Super Pro Auto have been reconfigured so the the Zumo should work with cable 1299, rather than needing the bluetooth module (Aux 2 is not muted by speech) - a plus for Zumo users. It is still more expensive than a half price unit plus a bluetooth module.

The Logic Independence will be great for folks who don't want to tie themsleves or their pillions into the bike for every journey. pure battery power will always have some limitations.

I can't guess at the ordering arrangements for those living in the USA - but the market is surely very important for Autocom.

autocom did this a few years ago.....everything half price but soon put the prices up. I think they must have realised that other companies such as STARCOM were half the price and maybe taking over the market.

If any member is having difficulty getting a product send me an e-mail. - reason being - I had a friend who lived in Louisiana years back and he would buy in the US' on my behalf then send me the goodies from USA as the customs charges were cheaper.

:clap:

It's my understand that new products are coming out early part of next year and that there is a possibility that there will be more dealers in the US besides Topgear. Lets hope for the best, I'm waiting a month or so before I place an order. I want to see what is coming down the road.

There is an important distinction between "distributors" and "dealers". The value of "master distributors" (such as Malcolm Smith or Helmet House) which typically sell wholesale only - not consumer direct, is that this marketing level stocks and sells in volume and can pass savings on to dealers and (hopefully) to consumers. In the case of Autocom, unless they choose to establish a direct USA presence including stocking warehouse, master distributor(s) which supply to dealers such as BMW moto shops seems more prudent.

Jeff

I like their current arrangement (not necessarily Top Gear) where their "importer" sells both to dealers and individuals. I can order it from someone who has what I want in stock and ship it right away! And they are familiar with the product line and can discuss it intelligently. Works for me. :thumbsup:

I just ordered a Super Pro AVI solo system . For the price I couldn't pass it up . I have been looking at them for a while now .I cant wait to try it.Dave

Archived