IGNORED

:..sHOULD i go..?..:

hANNAbONE

oNE oF my fav movies of all time is "The Day the Earth Stood Still". 1951 Michael Reny classic "B" movie.

Has anyone seen the newest TDTESS out last weekend.?

Should I go..?

Joe Frickin' Friday

Heard bad reviews. Supposedly more emphasis on special effects than on credible drama.

I'm waiting for DVD (but then I don't really go to the movie theatres at all anymore...)

I think that one of the reasons the 1951 version was so gripping and suspenseful is that it didn't rely heavily on special effects. Seems that they would do more to detract rather than add to that particular storyline.

I agree with the posts so far, but on the other hand, how can you not see it?

I was hoping at first that it was like "Chapter 2" of the original story line! But no.

I have my doubts, but I've still got to see it.

Caution - SPOILERS ahead! Well, maybe...

If there's anything worse than a remake of an old great movie, like say, "Spartacus" or "High Noon" or "The Day the Earth Stood Still," it's when they remake it with a new, hip message.

The old TDTESS was a cautionary cold war tale. Everything I've read about the new improved "The Day the Earth Stood Still" seems to indicate a Global Warming theme.

I sure hope they don't replace Gort with a giant metallic mechanical polar bear!

:dopeslap:

Calvin  (no socks)

Professor Jacob Barnhard will be played by Al Gore... The diamonds will be "Carbon Credits". They will be traded for fossil fuel drilling rights in ANWR. I can see it all Raan...

John, gO tO tHe mOvIE and PoSt hERe if IT suckS... :lurk:

I'm going surfing... See ya'll later.

If there's anything worse than a remake of an old great movie, like say, "Spartacus" or "High Noon" or "The Day the Earth Stood Still," it's when they remake it with a new, hip message.

Oh Gawd... 'Spartacus' starring Tom Cruise...

Oh Gawd... 'Spartacus' starring Tom Cruise...
I think that would be actually be "Spartacus starring Tom Cruise as Tom Cruise playing Tom Cruise playing Spartacus."

Archived