IGNORED

Gave a warning today.

motorman587

With all the "don't talk to the cop" threads, thought I would share this stop today. On the way home saw a expired tag. April 08, stopped at a red light. Pulled up next to them on the passenger side. 3 lane highway. Window down. Mother driver. "You need to get your tag renewed?" I stated. She gave me some excuse. I told her I could issue a $150 fine. Next thing I told her was "Merry Christmas". :thumbsup:

John,

Good job.

But, as you know, around here, at times :/, the positive spin threads about LEO's and dealerships don't get the same response as the "they're all a bunch of crooks/negative ones" seem to.

That's OK.

My therapist says the people who respond to those have compensation issues.

Loud posts and all that. :rofl:

John........Good on you. I'm sure she appreciated not having that penalty at this time of year...Doesn't excuse a tag 8 months out, but very nice of you to give them a break. My guess is she will be standing in line tomorrow to get the sticker.

ShovelStrokeEd
John........Good on you. I'm sure she appreciated not having that penalty at this time of year...Doesn't excuse a tag 8 months out, but very nice of you to give them a break. My guess is she will be standing in line tomorrow to get the sticker.

My guess is she'll be taking a different route home.

Nice gesture and all but 8 months out? She had no intention of renewal, probably because of no insurance.

Oh yeah, BAH Humbug!

And I would've been late getting home. :rofl:

Around here we call it tunnel vision.

Yeah, that close to quittin' time.....I got the blinders on!!!!! :thumbsup:

Oh wait, John...weren't you out of the city when that happened???

My guess is she'll be taking a different route home.

Nice gesture and all but 8 months out? She had no intention of renewal, probably because of no insurance.

Oh yeah, BAH Humbug!

Probably, but my wife has run around with the new sticker safely stored with the registration papers. I am in charge of installing the tags, but she stuck them in the glove box instead of giving them to me.........6 months later, she gets pulled over, hands the LEO the registration with the tag attached. He was pissed.....She was apologetic.

Things happen while life goes on.

Yeah it's funny but do that here is CA they still write you up. Yes, I know first hand. One of my cars was stored for several months so I just threw the papers in it. Showed it to him... Here's your ticket. 10 dollar processing fee with visual inspection of compliance. (sticker stuck to plate)

I don't think these things are so much "here in CA" or "here in .....", but depend on the person and mood of the officer.

+1 :thumbsup: I believe that sez it.

russell_bynum
I don't think these things are so much "here in CA" or "here in .....", but depend on the person and mood of the officer.

+1

Lisa got pulled over with expired tags on her R1100RS. The reg was current and the sticker was on the way in the mail (it showed up 2 days later) but the reg slip she had with her and the sticker on the plate were both expired. He let her off because when he called it in, it showed current.

+1

Lisa got pulled over with expired tags on her R1100RS. The reg was current and the sticker was on the way in the mail (it showed up 2 days later) but the reg slip she had with her and the sticker on the plate were both expired. He let her off because when he called it in, it showed current.

They would do that here also. If the tag is valid at the time of stop, the courts will dismiss the ticket.

Archived