IGNORED

Honda EU2000i Generator

John Ranalletta

John Ranalletta

With a winter storm bringing rain and sleet forecast for this evening, I finally got around to buying one EU2000. It'll run the basics (refrig, freezer, sump pump, furnace) though not all at once.

Gander Mountain has the EU2000 for $999 + tax. Likely, a web search could turn up a lower price, but I've not seen a lower price on ebay except for used units.

Nice unit. My brother had one and we used it often for winter blackouts. Worked great for TV, fan on heater, frig., etc. Ran great, very quiet.

I think you'll be very happy w/ it!

I have one..very quiet. They are the best there is and a thousand bucks is the no haggle, MSRP price at the dealers.

I bought mine for when the world ends.

You won't be able to buy one at any price when a major disaster or a terrorist attack happens.

They're not only quiet but supply much higher-quality power (clean and frequency stable, looks like commercial power on an analyzer) than a standard generator due to the inverter. More fuel-efficient as well. Definitely worth the price premium, especially if you will be powering electronic equipment.

Archived