IGNORED

Garmin rebate

markgoodrich

I had to get a new unlock code for City Nav, and noticed while I was on the web site that Garmin's offering a $200 rebate for the 378 and 478 units. I have the previous generation, 376c, and have been happy with it...it's a marine unit, thus everything-proof...although mine did die after almost two years, and I sent it in with $175 and they sent me a new unit...fair enough.

$200 would only pay for the weather service charge for about 7 months....

I think I'll stick with my 276C. I'll bite on the weather stuff when the annual price comes down.

Cheap guy Stan

Stan, do you know that you can turn the XM weather on and off? You can avoid activation charges by calling XM and having it put on "end of season" until you're ready to use it again. You can only do it once a year. I only keep it activated a few months per year.

You can avoid activation charges by calling XM and having it put on "end of season" until you're ready to use it again. You can only do it once a year.

I knew there was some such plan but didn't know the details. Problem is I ride 12 months out of the year, and take occasional long trips from January - October when I would want coverage.

I really think the weather info is a great idea, but I bet they would have a lot more customers with a cheaper, simpler package.

Stan

Archived