IGNORED

Killer Takes BMWST Big Time

Albert

Anyone else see the latest issue of Rider magazine? There's an article about one of the dirt rides out of this year's Torrey event. The writer (whom I believe is not a member of the board), hooked up with a bunch of the BMWST dirt crazies for a ride from Torrey to Boulder via Hells Backbone. BMWST gets honorable mention and Killer is mentioned by name as ride leader. How we gonna keep him down on the farm since he's seen the big time now? :grin:

Hasn't arrived here yet. Janet won't be happy, she submitted an article to Rider about the R&R Boulder Mountain ride that same weekend, they probably won't publish two. Who wrote this article?

Can't remember the name but it was a woman (magazine's at home). It was mentioned, I believe, that the writer owned a bike shop in Salt Lake City.

It's not Janet's article?
She hasn't heard back from Rider so I assume not but who knows?

She doesn't own a bike shop in SLC of course, though she did used to own a bicycle shop there. (Janet Borg is her name)

Cooooollllll!!!!

I gotta get a copy.

:thumbsup:

Surely they left out the part about 50 yard Phil....and his now for sale X Challenge.

:rofl:

I was gonna run out and grab a copy, despite the snow storm, but I figured they're not on the news stands yet. Don't subscriptions arrive earlier?

It's got to be Janet though.

Calvin  (no socks)

Ok, there goes the Torrey anonymity... flagrant violation. :grin:

I think this spring an avalanche of Paparazzi will descend and drive prices and availabilty of services out of sight... :eek:

A myraid of camel seekers and dirt nirvana enthusiasts will infest the area....bringing an end to Torrey as we know it.. The airplane rides last spring at dusk were rather unusual. The next thing you know the Chuckwagon will have 2 kinds of carrots for Fletcher. :dopeslap:

The next thing you know the Chuckwagon will have 2 kinds of carrots for Fletcher. :dopeslap:
I thought Fletcher was moved up to Montana.
I was going to try and break the news gently to Calvin.
The next thing you know the Chuckwagon will have 2 kinds of carrots for Fletcher. :dopeslap:

Say it ain't so....

:cry:

Calvin  (no socks)

He is gone... but not forgotten. :cry:

How brutal for me to find out on the internet. I may never recover from the shock. :/

Calvin......What about Mrs Whip????....and Tom.

:eek:

Maybe we should find out where in MT??????????????

I heard somethin' about Fletcher wantin' hook up with Merle.

Big City Linky

Got my copy earlier this week. It is Janet's article (or at least has her name, Janet Borg, on the byline). Saw it this a.m. but didn't have a chance to read it yet.

Got my copy earlier this week. It is Janet's article (or at least has her name, Janet Borg, on the byline). Saw it this a.m. but didn't have a chance to read it yet.

Well then, we're back on track.

This is gonna be good! :lurk:

Joel, which month's issue is it?

Pied Piper, baby. North route.

It is Janet's article (or at least has her name, Janet Borg, on the byline). Saw it this a.m. but didn't have a chance to read it yet.
Thanks Joel, I just called her a told her, she's very pleased though mystified as to why they never contacted her. It was a professional submission as part of a writing class at the university.
russell_bynum

Must be January's. I seldom pay attention to the dates on the cover. It arrived in my mail on Tuesday.

I just thumbed through the January 2009 Rider at the bookstore and didn't see the article. :(

Lets_Play_Two

Must be January's. I seldom pay attention to the dates on the cover. It arrived in my mail on Tuesday.

January issue has F800GS on the cover...You MUST have noticed that!! :)

russell_bynum

Correct...that's what I saw at the book store. But, I couldn't find the article.

Well yes, I did notice that one, and drool a bit. :grin: If BMW made that bike 3 years ago, I might be riding that instead of Big Muddy.

So why is the February issue getting delivered in December? :eek: I'll sidestep my soapbox on the "new math" of magazine subscriptions.

Let's just say "the latest issue." There's some cruiser bike on the cover, along with a story on the Aprilia Mano. AND Janet's article.

Kinda surprised that I got my copy before some newsstands, now that I live in BFE.

Just got my Rider in the mail and read Janet's article. Well written, good pics and very interesting. Seemed much better than a class project to me. Very enjoyable

Just got my Rider in the mail and read Janet's article. Well written, good pics and very interesting. Seemed much better than a class project to me. Very enjoyable
Well of course, who do you think the primary editor was? :wave:

We still haven't seen what they printed which from the feedback so far sounds as though it may be somewhat more edited than when it left here.

We still haven't seen what they printed which from the feedback so far sounds as though it may be somewhat more edited than when it left here.

Yeah, sounds like they left out the part about the hamburger in the boot in the morning!

skinny_tom (aka boney)

Well of course, who do you think the primary editor was?

So you're saying the editors at the mag had to take out a bunch of U'S change some Y's to I's?

I just thumbed through the January 2009 Rider at the bookstore and didn't see the article. :(

I'm not recognizing the article in January issue of Rider either.......Did you find it Russell?...Somebody got a page #?......

Pretty sure it's been established that it is the February edition and not yet on the news stands.

Yep........February issue page 56.....Got mine in the mail today....

"We still haven't seen what they printed which from the feedback so far sounds as though it may be somewhat more edited than when it left here.

A few more rewrites and it will be ready for film.

"We still haven't seen what they printed which from the feedback so far sounds as though it may be somewhat more edited than when it left here.

If I would have been consulted we would be bidding out the movie rights as we speak.

Violence

Agony

Romance

Carnage

Anger

Danger

Extreme Weather

Special Effects

Vodka

Poison

That was all in 6 hours............Call Dreamworks

Pretty sure it's been established that it is the February edition and not yet on the news stands.

Yep........February issue page 56.....Got mine in the mail today....

And a very good article.

If I would have been consulted we would be bidding out the movie rights as we speak.

Violence

Agony

Romance

Carnage

Anger

Danger

Extreme Weather

Special Effects

Vodka

Poison

That was all in 6 hours............Call Dreamworks

I would like to audition for the part of the camel. :dopeslap: